Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-10-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ford Service

Quote:
I have received your query regarding AU Falcon brochures. It is not the policy of the Ford Australia Archives Centre to provide original copies of brochures as the Centre keeps a very limited number of each model on hand for historical reference. I am quite amazed at the tone of your email in laying down conditions for the supply of the brochures as well as criticising Ford Australia's Customer Service in such a sarcastic manner.
It may interest you that Ford Australia is the only motor company in Australia that has a permanent archives and that provides a service for people requiring historical information about the company. Having been responsible for the collection and setting up of the Centre I also resent your comments about my taking an annual holiday.
If you still require an AU Falcon brochure, please send a money order for $10.00 to cover the packing and postage costs (there will be no charge for the brochure) to Ford Australia Archives Centre, Private Bag 6, Campbellfield, 2061. I will check the archives and, if there is a spare original copy of the AU Falcon brochure I will send one to you - incidentally you did not even provide an address in your email so I have no idea where to send it if we have one. If we do not have a copy available then I will return your money order.

Ford Australia Arhives Centre
firstly i didnt make any comments about his work as the historian, i only said why is there only one guy doing this. and i also made a comment about ford service if there is such a thing. and all i wanted was some copies of AU brochures, as im in need of them ASAP, and if you didnt have any i would like some electronic copies. i also mentioned i have gone to tville ford, mackay ford, (called brissy ford), innisfail ford, cairns ford ,atherton and tully all for an AU brochure.

i also sent him an email (long back) asking for some info regarding anything AU, just a bit of history...etc. then he went on holidays then i asked ford centre and they fowarded it onto him.

tell me whether you think he is right and i should have been a little clearer with my tone, or i was in the right.

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2006, 08:58 PM   #2
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

I would say that this guy would be doing you a favour. You perhaps were a little kirt and demanding? I am amazed that ford have such a department. Ford are not obliged to provide this service.

Cheers.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:11 PM   #3
Hally

I think you should post your original letter/email and then let every one judge you.
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #4
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hally
I think you should post your original letter/email and then let every one judge you.
same here, i want to know what you said to **** off FoMoCo...
[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 07:26 PM   #5
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

There is a brochures / scans on this website . check here for what your after http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...ry.php?cat=501 , gl , cheers .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 08:04 PM   #6
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread is useless, the two parties should be fixing this problem between themselves nothing more, its not our role to judge people!!
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #7
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i cant/wont be releasing my copy i used alot of personal info to try and get what i wanted. and i didnt relise that Ford did this as a service i thought it was mandatory which is why i used a demanding tone. i NEVER attacked the guy or FoMoCo personally just generally about ford service.

ill try and resolve the situation but any mod can close this thread. i know where i stand....i was wrong!....but i still would like to know how they got XE and AU mixed up.

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 08:42 PM   #8
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

If it is the same person that I have been dealing with, then you must be way off the mark. I have been dealing with the same person for about 4 years now and have found to him to be very helpful, courteous as well always answering my emails.

Perhaps we have dealing with different people, if so, I cannot comment. However, as the reply states above, you are lucky that they have a brochure. I would have thought that Ebay (where I get all of my brochures from) would be the go.

I don't mean to sound narcy, but you must have said something to annoy him!
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 09:39 PM   #9
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALCONSR
i thought it was mandatory which is why i used a demanding tone.
If you're asking for stuff, it doesn't do you any favours if you're demanding.... even IF it is mandatory for them to send you stuff.

I've always found that courtesy is the best way to get things done in these situations.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 10:11 PM   #10
EvilChief
Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
If you're asking for stuff, it doesn't do you any favours if you're demanding.... even IF it is mandatory for them to send you stuff.

I've always found that courtesy is the best way to get things done in these situations.

well said

being courteous and friendly has taken me places where others have hit their heads on closed doors. Being diplomatic when dealing with multi million companies, be it as a client, customer, private inquirer, company representative or business partner, it ALWAYS pays to take a step back and be respectful.

BTW it is not mandatory for Ford or any company for that matter to release ANY of their advertising material
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 10:17 PM   #11
BUZ81

if you reaplace personal information with *snip* you should be able to post the email. I think you will find that no one will be that sympathetic without both side of the story being shown.
BUZ81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 PM   #12
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

As others have said, we need the whole story, not just half of it.

From what I've read, you've made a big error here.

I've often written to Ford asking for or about brochures, cars and other things, and they have always been only too helpful.

The Ford Discovery Centre is also a goldmine of information, and is staffed & run by a group of truely wonderful people.

Treat others how you wish to be treated, it works for me!

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post