Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-07-2005, 07:52 PM   #1
Rapid_Attack
Meh.

Default Thinking about getting a Jet Ski

Hey all,

I am thinking about getting a Jet Ski, wanna spend about 6-7k....what can people tell me?
Also whats the best way of looking a good one up?
and what does insurance on one usually cost?

Any help welcome ere....need something to toe behind the ute! :eclipsee_

Rapid_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2005, 09:34 AM   #2
2fardown

If you were in QLD I would sell you my Polaris SLX 1200cc with 69 hours for $7000. This thing is seriously quick...

Anyway, insurance costs me $470 a year (paid monthly).

Stay away from badly corroded 2-stroke ski's that have a few hours on them. Check inside the hull for any fibreglass repair. Basically check to see if it has been well maintained... They require A LOT of maintenance. They aren't like a motorbike, you can't just throw it in the garage after you've been out riding...

Good luck with the search and be prepared to have a few "extra" friends on the weekends when you go out skiing.
2fardown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2005, 05:10 PM   #3
Rapid_Attack
Meh.

Thanks for that, i assume that 4-stroke is the better way to go?

Also whos that insured through?
Rapid_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2005, 05:19 PM   #4
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And don't forget in NSW Mr Carr makes you have a special licence because if you ride a jet ski you MUST be a hoon.
/me has recurring fantasy about charging under the Harbour Bridge in a blown big block jet boat with open exhausts....mutter mutter I'll give him no jet skis on his harbour.... off to take my medication now - enjoy your new toy
Regards,
Tote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:32 PM   #5
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tote
And don't forget in NSW Mr Carr makes you have a special licence because if you ride a jet ski you MUST be a hoon.
/me has recurring fantasy about charging under the Harbour Bridge in a blown big block jet boat with open exhausts....mutter mutter I'll give him no jet skis on his harbour.... off to take my medication now - enjoy your new toy
Regards,
Tote
True fact with the cost of a PWC license in NSW.
I had to get a NSW license to ride on the Murry River. Then one day, I received a letter from NSW licensing, stating the cost of a PWC license was increasing over 300%. Screw that. I waited till Victoria made it manditory for boat licensing, and just changed it over to Vic. It's a third of the cost here....but give it time I guess!!!!!!

I use to have the Sea-Doo XP Limited Ski. One hell of a weapon when you mod them. All ski's are high maintenance as Tote says, but less so with the four strokes.

Regards

AGRO.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post