Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 24-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
MAD
Petro-sexual

Default Some ideas and discussion

I've noticed a bit of doubling up recently and was wondering why we have multiple 'technical forums'
eg. Ozecruisers technical, b-series technical, and then the workshop. You see a lot of double-ups and same goes for the cruise sections and yet non of the other forum community clubs have technical sections.

Maybe under the workshop, you could have a 'car specific' sub-section, if it is deemed actually required.

Also on topic of duplication, the workshop builds, couldnt these be left to the 'project cars' forum? If I came fresh to this forum and saw the project cars section I would be led to beleive that is where all project builds go, unless I did some further searching to discover the 'community club' builds.

and finally one more... cruises and events.
I feel the state break up is plenty for cruises and events.
The sub sectioning of each and every model seems to be very elitist, and from what I can gather has segregated the fordforums community quite a lot. Just watching the AFD thread struggling to get numbers for the fordforums display shows this a bit. I dont get why there need to be B-series and E-series only cruises/events, I'm sure you dont see '1969 mustang only' cruises, this place is FORDforums.

I know I've been away from the forums for quite a while, but am starting my comeback with the sorrento cruise in feb, so my views may be skewed, but I think seeing that the last fordforums event at heathcote was may last year says a little something.

I remember around the time I started to reduce my activity here, the meets up at heathcote were getting a little too serious, does there really need to be so much of a competition element at those days?
I started to feel less inclined to attend as I wasnt interested in all the of class competition and what not, but just wanted a fun day out of thrashing the hell out of my car up the strip (as slow as I was), but it was about beating my personal best and enjoying the day with everybody else.

I dont know, since increasing my activity here again something seems different and the forum community doesnt seem to have the same welcoming feeling that it used to.

Anyway, just thought I would air these thoughts and see what discussion may arise, hopefully it stays on topic.
*end of rant.