Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-05-2005, 12:07 AM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default i'm GOING FOR A HERNIA OPERATION.

: man i've been putting it off for a while but have to go in for the op . its in the navel , shit it hurts. never had an operation before or a broken bone or a serious illness for that matter, SHITTING BRICKS. the operations on teusday.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 12:12 AM   #2
MissUnderstood

You will be fine It will all be over before you know it and all the pain will be gone.

Chin up and smile, it's a good thing and you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner, once it's all over.
MissUnderstood is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 12:24 AM   #3
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissUnderstood
You will be fine It will all be over before you know it and all the pain will be gone.

Chin up and smile, it's a good thing and you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner, once it's all over.

thanks hope so.
Old 20-05-2005, 12:49 AM   #4
xrgran

Hernia operations are generally simple to do these days, so you will be 'up n about' in no time and wonder what all the fuss was about. Just think how pleasant life will be for you after Tuesday.

good luck and rest easy :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 12:55 AM   #5
Steffo
LPG > You

Yeah, I've been under the knife once... it was funny, lying on the operating table... and the man in the blue suit with the mask on says "good night"... next thing I know I wake up in some room being wheeled to the room I was gonna sleep in. As if I just blinked..

You'll be fine.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 01:08 AM   #6
One Drone
Lane HO

Good luck mate.
One Drone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 10:15 AM   #7
Kryton

good luck with it. should be ok though. surgery is a lot better these days from what im led to believe.
ill be there one day with the amount of coke i drink.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 10:27 AM   #8
Twisted
Contributing Member

Ive been hacked up more than a side of beef, once that anaesthetic hits you dont have to worry about anything. If its a good operation you get the added bonus of morphine after it!

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
FordForums.com.au
Hats, Stickers & Patches are now available!
Twisted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 11:14 AM   #9
Work Horse
Budget Racer

I've had Hernia operations at 2 and 9 years old (now 42). No problem what so ever, and I'm sure they are better at it now.
I had the belly button op at 9 and the surgeon managed to do it with 2 stitches! He was wrapped but I was hoping for lots more to show my mates!
Don't panic you will be out cold and not know a thing, good luck!
Old 20-05-2005, 12:02 PM   #10
MAD
Petro-sexual

anaesthetic rocks!!

I had my first time under the knife 2 weeks ago, a hernia too but in the groin. All I remember is getting the IV line put in, squeezing in some sedative, then the mask, then the recovery room with someone saying "all done now"

I laughed when the anaesthitist (spelling?) first came to see me, I thought he was a panel beater/spray painter...lol!

Last edited by MAD; 20-05-2005 at 12:04 PM.
MAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2005, 12:34 PM   #11
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

good luck, be sure to get many a sponge bath from a hot nurse !!
Old 20-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #12
gtfpv
GT

thank you your replies are re assuring
Old 20-05-2005, 06:16 PM   #13
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

All the best for the operation.Must have been all the sudden urge of power from your GTP which caused it. lol
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 04:20 AM   #14
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Good luck mate i had a groin one fixed 7 weeks ago and it's feeling pretty good still a few things i can't do. I was out to it for two hours when they did best two hour sleep i ever had but really there's nothing to worry about.
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2005, 11:59 PM   #15
gtfpv
GT

well i had the hernia op on teusday i'm good today . it was an experiance and nothing like i expected even though everything went well.
i'd like to say THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL THE GOOD WISSHES AND ADVICE GIVEN . cheers. i counted 7 people in the operating room, mate they all have a role to play and they know thier stuff big time the high tech gadgets they fitted to me were amazing , man that aneathitist had the most confident look i've ever seen.
Old 28-05-2005, 12:09 PM   #16
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Good to hear everything went ok.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2005, 01:47 AM   #17
gtfpv
GT

well i'll be back to wrk on monday after having 5 weeks off post op , i have to go back on light duties for at least another 4 weeks . this is how long it takes in the course of things for anyone who has to get thiers done .
Old 25-06-2005, 02:03 AM   #18
MAD
Petro-sexual

I went back to uni after 2 weeks, and back to work after 3 weeks on light duties also. I was told no lifting anything over 10kgs for 6 weeks (which is just up, but i'm still being super careful)
Mine was open surgery.
Old 25-06-2005, 10:15 AM   #19
xrgran

Glad it all went well for you. Now you just have to remember that even though you may feel 100%,you should takes things easy for awhile and NO heavy lifting of any sort.
You don't want to end up an old decrepid man because you couldn't behave yourself :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 12:37 AM   #20
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrgran
Glad it all went well for you. Now you just have to remember that even though you may feel 100%,you should takes things easy for awhile and NO heavy lifting of any sort.
You don't want to end up an old decrepid man because you couldn't behave yourself :
yep ,agreed, xr gran thanks for the advice ,i wont take it lightly .i swore to myself i would never have surgery unless absolutely necessary . and i am still of the same opinion. certianly not in a hurry for another one.
Old 26-06-2005, 09:13 AM   #21
DOMN8N
AKA ___DOMMUZ

Not to much Jigga Jigg either, or mabee just let the misses do the job
good to see all went ok..
DOMN8N is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 11:04 AM   #22
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

Good to hear you came out fine gtfpv.

I just recently had my tonsils removed (I'm 36) and was very worried myself as I've never had an op before.

It didn't help when I was waiting to go in and they wheeled out 3 others in front of me having had the same op. They all looked crook and beaten up.

Then waiting to be put under, the nurse didn't know how to turn on the machine that goes ping.

Came out feeling good, better than the others and woofed down my dinner that night when the others didn't eat at all.

They gave me three weeks off and I felt I could have gone back to work the next day.
03 BA XR6T, Black, T5, Unichip tuned by Autotech Engineering (235.5 rwkW), BPT short shifter, Custom Leather, 18" rims, PBR sports calipers, Lowered, Tint, duel CAI & BMC filter, AWC bits, custom stripes.

My Website
Jamie XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2005, 05:59 PM   #23
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie XR6
Good to hear you came out fine gtfpv.

I just recently had my tonsils removed (I'm 36) and was very worried myself as I've never had an op before.

It didn't help when I was waiting to go in and they wheeled out 3 others in front of me having had the same op. They all looked crook and beaten up.

Then waiting to be put under, the nurse didn't know how to turn on the machine that goes ping.

Came out feeling good, better than the others and woofed down my dinner that night when the others didn't eat at all.

They gave me three weeks off and I felt I could have gone back to work the next day.
thank s mate good to here yours went ok too. i woke up screaming with immense pain . couldnt eat for 2 days but it settled quickly. yes it is scary wiating to go under. they gave me something to relax me just before the anasthetic which made me feel great for 5 seconds then nausious, then i pulled off the mask and started heaving. they smashed the mask back on and told me to take 2 very deep breathes then these 2 beady eyes stared into mine as i drifted off.
Old 26-06-2005, 07:06 PM   #24
Jamie XR6
3FB Detailing Tragic

I didn't even get past the stuff they put in to relax you before the anasthetic!

I remember them putting the needle for the drip into my hand. I mentioned to the nurse that I was so tired they probably don't need to put me under.

Next minute I'm waking up in recovery wondering what happened!

I scared the nurse in recovery when I started talking to her as she didn't expect me to wake so soon.
03 BA XR6T, Black, T5, Unichip tuned by Autotech Engineering (235.5 rwkW), BPT short shifter, Custom Leather, 18" rims, PBR sports calipers, Lowered, Tint, duel CAI & BMC filter, AWC bits, custom stripes.

My Website
Jamie XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 12:49 AM   #25
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Glad to hear it went well and that you're all better

No heavy lifting :
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2005, 12:56 AM   #26
gtfpv
GT

thanks no heavy lifting for a while i hope but will have too sooner or later.