Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-10-2006, 08:30 PM   #1
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Restoring Caravans/Trailers/Floats/Campervans

I was wondering if anyone in here would know where to find information on the restoration of old campervans, caravans, trailers and floats. My car club is into restoration of these and we are looking at putting on a display next year.

The aim is to have a caravan/trailer/float built the same year as your vehicle.

I'm in the process of trying to find a 1975 unrestored horse float (since my other hobby is horse riding). I have a single float that I will be restoring back to wooden sides and floors as such, but it was originally built in the 60s, so not exactly what I want (but it will do!). If anyone knows the timbers that were used in these old floats that would be great

Any photos, information or general knowledge would be good.

Cheers
Melz

Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 12:02 AM   #2
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check out Caravan World magazine, they list firms who restore old caravans. There is a website also for vintage caravans.
what's happening in the world of vintage caravans. Welcome to Vintage Caravans, a site dedicated to the subject of pre 1970 caravans in Australia. ...

http://www.vintagecaravans.com/
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 07:56 PM   #3
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

Hi Melz
The site csv8 posted is the one you want , I know some of the people on there and they are a great bunch . Although it is WA based , there are members Australia wide .

Just something to keep in mind , I'm about to dismantle a home made 1963 plywood caravan , at the moment it's complete but not restorable . it's got a 240v/12v/gas fridge (used approx 5-6 times), gas stove , sink & hand pump , copper water tank , 5 small aluminium windows , 1 full width window & hatch .

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 08:45 PM   #4
LTDHO
The one and only

Melz if you need anything let me know, my brother works for Melbourne caravan and trailer supplies.

PM me if you do
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post