Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM   #1
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Police issue stern warning after over 30,000 drivers snapped using phones

Stand up Adelaide, a very solid score here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOYO9sVDoNA

There were some frequent flyers too, 3 drivers observed 19 times, 2 drivers 18 times, 1 got 16, and 4 got 15.

$658 and 3 demerits after September 19.

All the lane and braking driver AIDS will save people like this, so they can reproduce, while other drivers will just live with it's intrusiveness, or switch it off every time they get in the car.
Old Yesterday, 09:47 PM   #2
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Default Re: Police issue stern warning after over 30,000 drivers snapped using phones

$1209 in QLD (4 points) currently, and worth it to keep driver's attention where it should be.
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #3
Rob 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Police issue stern warning after over 30,000 drivers snapped using phones

Geez I have enough trouble navigating a bloody phone when I’m not driving.
If you’re caught using a phone while driving you deserve every penalty that comes your way imho!
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM   #4
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

As all the accidents I have been involved in the last 20 year have involved idiots on mobile phones either running into the back of my car or running into the back of another car pushing it into mine while I was stopped at traffic lights or a stop or giveway sign, I'd like the police, in addition to imposing spot fines. given the power to seize and immediately crush any phones with the sims and memory cards inside in such cases. (something akin to a can crusher should do nicely). Like this:

I think it would deter driver phone use more than the fines do.
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM   #5
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doing the rounds on the country roads out of town around here, it's from 80-100km/h and I watch oncoming traffic particularly the drivers these days. Not uncommon to see one or two staring down at a phone in a group of 10-20.

Point of impact would be 160-200km/h if they strayed lanes.

I just don't understand what's so important to be head down into it while driving? It must be an addiction - reckon I'm addicted to online news and forum jokes, but this happens when I'm stationary!
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post

I just don't understand what's so important to be head down into it while driving? It must be an addiction - reckon I'm addicted to online news and forum jokes, but this happens when I'm stationary!
Starting arguments on AFF
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM   #7
.:4:.
Kicking back

Why does nobody like having a car without bluetooth or any of that crap like i have just for the excuse to not have to deal with anyone else?
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 12:11 AM   #8
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

These drivers are way too addicted to using their phones to stop even at risk of a fine.

If the phones were confiscated for a month, I reckon the rate of infringements would drop to almost zero.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post