Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-09-2005, 01:27 AM   #31
zetec
Zoom Zoom

The acting was pretty sucky and the casting was amongst the worst I've ever seen, but when that General appears in all it's restored glory and the Hemi dumps a load of fuel into the chambers and fires up, I think I got bigger wood than when Daisy appeared in a bikini.... no joke, that car is amongst the 5 best sounding cars ever built I reckon!!!
Old 19-09-2005, 02:11 AM   #32
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
but when that General appears in all it's restored glory and the Hemi dumps a load of fuel into the chambers and fires up, I think I got bigger wood than when Daisy appeared in a bikini....
:ymca: : py: :
Old 19-09-2005, 08:04 AM   #33
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuMor
I liked it *cough* torrent... *cough*

Suppose now i can talk about it and noone will have a spacko
I absolutely losed it during the barfight (helmet headbut)

i saw it about 2 weeks back too, liked it had nothing on the series. still waiting on Charlie, madagaska is great though for those who havent seen it id recommend it, "just smile and wave boys, smile and wave" :hihi:
-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #34
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
The acting was pretty sucky and the casting was amongst the worst I've ever seen, but when that General appears in all it's restored glory and the Hemi dumps a load of fuel into the chambers and fires up, I think I got bigger wood than when Daisy appeared in a bikini.... no joke, that car is amongst the 5 best sounding cars ever built I reckon!!!

yep the general will live on way longer than some blonde bimbo :
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 07:32 PM   #35
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

I was disappointed at first when the dodgy (hehe) General Lee appeared and thought that the movie was going to suck big time. But once the much better done General came out I was stoked.
I took it for what it was, and had a bloody good laugh all the way.
Those who expected it to be as per the original series expected too much I think.
You really can't expect different people cast in the roles to be the same as the originals.
If the casting wasn't perfect, so what.

The stunt bloopers in the credits were awesome, there were some REAL hard crashes there!!!!

Overall, yeah there were some let downs, but I certainly didn't let them spoil a great nights entertainment. Can't wait to go see it again.

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #36
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah I know, I'm thread mining here, but I saw this movie today. I'm a huge fan of Sean William Scott so anything he stars in is bound to be worth seeeing. Wasn't dissapointed at all. It was mean't be a fun movie, and how people said its the worst they have seen, wanted their money back, what where you expecting. It ran along the lines of the series. Good fun light hearted movie with silly humor. Very entertaining.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 08:00 PM   #37
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

If yr a fan of Sean William Scott, how do u live with/explain Bullet Proof Monk??? Man that movie sucked....He was a ledgend as Steve Stiffler Tho...an was funny in Welcome to the Jungle.
Dukes was great if yr into cars, cause the mighty Mopar Never Dies!!! An as for Daisy, well there was no acting needed there, she played the dumb bimbo she is in real life...She is pretty tho in them shorts...lol I grew up watchin the orig series, and allthough this will neva come close to it, the car stuff was good. The casting tho for Boss and Rosco plain SUCKED!!! I actually thought Mike Myers dressed up as a diff version of Fat B-Stard woulda been better, and the Rosco imitation was Pathetic.....
Didnt see it at the cinemas, waited for DVD..........

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 08:14 PM   #38
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wasn't a fan of Bullet proof monk either. Its ok.

I've never heard of the guy who played Rosco. It was good movie. Entertaining. I really try not to sit there critic a movie. I just enjoy it for what it is. If I don't like it, I just don't watch it again.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #39
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

This is old, but meh still on topic..

I brought the DVD for $10 from blockbuster...I WANT MY 10 BUCKS BACK!

Had a couple of good moments, the best being were jessica simpson gets shot down by that female cop.

Other than that, complete poo!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 01:46 PM   #40
HOON69
Banned

if you didnt like it its only because your feeling too old.

get with reality it isnt the good old days its 2006 ffs
i reckon the movie rocked not as much as i thought it would but its better then that crap

fast n furious
blade
and the other sequel crap that keeps popping up from 2005-2006
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2006, 01:53 PM   #41
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Yeah I know, I'm thread mining here, but I saw this movie today. I'm a huge fan of Sean William Scott so anything he stars in is bound to be worth seeeing. Wasn't dissapointed at all. It was mean't be a fun movie, and how people said its the worst they have seen, wanted their money back, what where you expecting. It ran along the lines of the series. Good fun light hearted movie with silly humor. Very entertaining.
10000% agreeed, I loved the movie, have seen it about 6 times now and id happily see it again, It still a good laugh every time.
Any movie with Sean William Scott is going to be a good one.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post