Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-03-2005, 09:26 PM   #31
paul7v7
bring it on

i have 2 nvidia 6600gt's running (SLi) and for the price (back in jan i paid 300 each) they are bloody good value for money. I am sure now they are cheaper.
Old 29-03-2005, 09:04 AM   #32
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSWXA
Just got an ATI 9550 with 256mb on it for $132. All the games I have tried (V8 Supercars 2, Farcry, quake 3 etc) have been able to be put up to full quality with no slow down or jerkyness. It's like I have just bought a new computer and I never realised how much the geforce 2 slowed the system down.
Good to read you're happy with your purchase, it is amazing how much of an improvement there is from a gf2 to something newer like a 9550. Which 9550 did you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul7v7
i have 2 nvidia 6600gt's running (SLi) and for the price (back in jan i paid 300 each) they are bloody good value for money. I am sure now they are cheaper.
You can get a PCI-Express 6600gt for (looks up price) 128M Leadtek 6600GT SLI for $285 from http://www.MSY.com.au
I want to get the AGP 128M Leadtek 6600TD DVI for $215 for my system - I know it's not the top of the line, but for the price it would still kick 7 shades of sh!t out of my overclocked 9550
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2005, 04:31 PM   #33
loxxr6
XB in parts...

How do you tell whether you have an AGP/PCI card ?

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2005, 05:35 PM   #34
Dez
Banned

AGP is the most common, especially older 1's and they will be phased out as all new motherboards come with PCI express, or so ive been told....
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2005, 06:50 PM   #35
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Yeah but how do you physiscally tell what you have ?

Is it available to see in your hardware config info or do I have to look at the card itself ???

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2005, 06:54 PM   #36
Dez
Banned

look at your motherboard...if you have 5 white PCI slots, then it'll be an AGP card....PCI Express slots are black.
Old 30-03-2005, 06:59 PM   #37
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
....PCI Express slots are black.
except the ones that aren't!!! :
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2005, 11:24 PM   #38
paul7v7
bring it on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
look at your motherboard...if you have 5 white PCI slots, then it'll be an AGP card....PCI Express slots are black.
not all are black..on my A8N the primary one is blue..secondary is black.

best way to find out if you have PCIe is to check the manual for the motherboard or do a search on the web for your m/b model.
Old 30-03-2005, 11:35 PM   #39
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul7v7
not all are black..on my A8N the primary one is blue..secondary is black.

best way to find out if you have PCIe is to check the manual for the motherboard or do a search on the web for your m/b model.
but most PCI are white....where as PCI express are not.....
Old 30-03-2005, 11:46 PM   #40
Steffo
LPG > You

When I upgraded to this Sempron 2200... I was originally shopping for a Radeon 9550.. but picked up a 256MB XpertVision Radeon 9600LE for $175, so I got that. Pretty good card to date.. plays everything I've got at good detail.
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2005, 09:49 AM   #41
The MaDDeSTMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
When I upgraded to this Sempron 2200... I was originally shopping for a Radeon 9550.. but picked up a 256MB XpertVision Radeon 9600LE for $175, so I got that. Pretty good card to date.. plays everything I've got at good detail.
Sounds interesting, what are the specs on that? Personally I would have saved up the extra $ to get a low end 6600, but if the budget couldn't stretch that far (which I can understand) that could be a good deal - as long as it's not one of those "Radeon 9600, powered by 9550" cards that I've seen...
Old 31-03-2005, 10:31 AM   #42
The MaDDeSTMaN

I looked it up, and Steffo, unless yours is different in specs to what I found ( http://www.jetway.com.tw/evisn/produ...0le/9600Le.htm ), you could have saved yourself a few $$$ by buying a 256Mb 128bit 9550 and flashing the BIOS to 9600 or higher specs.

My 9550 was 250 vcore 398 RAM, and is now 400 vcore 400 ram (so it's faster then a 9600LE), and is running a 9600 bios, the 9550 is just a rebadged 9600LE...

Sorry to burst your bubble :(
Old 31-03-2005, 01:47 PM   #43
Steffo
LPG > You

I knew what the 9600LE was when I bought it. I just really wanted a better videocard then my GeForce 2 GTS and didn't want to wait. Walked into the store.. what did they have in stock of Radeon flavour.. a 128MB 9250 and the 256MB 9600LE. So I bought the LE. Its got the 325MHz core/400MHz memory clock.. and does everything I want it to, so I'm not dissapointed.

One interesting thing is that my computer thinks its a 9600 Pro... *shrugs*
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post