Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Default Garage remote control

OK people.....need some help here.

I have a automatic roller door with only one remote which " wifey " seems to have chained to her car.

I have another remote from another rollerdoor from another house and I want to know if I can "train" the new remote.

Needless to say I don't have an instruction manual.

Doesn't anyone know how to train a remote control.

Cheers

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 12:34 PM   #2
pb02
inconceivable!

We have Automatic gates at work. I had to buy a new remote recently and I just opened my remote and found a set of small switches. The switches are either in off or on position. I just simple followed the same pattern with the new remote as I had on my existing remote and it worked fine.

Probably depends on the type of remote but this worked for me.
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 12:51 PM   #3
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh thats the same thing that i did with mine, there is a set of switches on the opener, and on the remotes, they just had to have the same settings on both and they "talk"

You can also keep playing with your remote switches until it opens your neighbours door so you can borrow his mower :
Old 09-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #4
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickford2001
You can also keep playing with your remote switches until it opens your neighbours door so you can borrow his mower :
You eveil evil man. But i never thought of that.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

Ok....thanks for that. I will give it a try tonight......I need a new mower too :

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
GT 8888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

If its the same remote then yes, if its a different remote then No.

I have a BOSS (lol i know) setup at home and i just bought 3 new remotes so we have a total of 6, all i had to do was train them like you train the remotes to the cars, very easy.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #7
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickford2001
Yeh thats the same thing that i did with mine, there is a set of switches on the opener, and on the remotes, they just had to have the same settings on both and they "talk"

I could do that. Seeing as I live in a block of townhouses that all have the same brand of door. But half of them don't work anyway and they are too pov to get them fixed. They are always leaving them open and sometimes they even go up by themselves.

On night, when my mum was staying I gave her the spare remote. She had it in her bag and bumped it so that the door went up. One of the neighbours was knocking on the door to tell me but I was asleep and couldnt hear him. The 'concerned' guy called the cops and they came into my bedroom and woke me up!
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 01:27 AM   #8
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

on the side of the controller there should be buttons to push to code you remotes,i push 2 bottons on mine and it codes the remotes .i was going to get a switch put in the house to open the door when i was in sde but to make it less hassle without wiring i got another control coded it and stuck it in side easy as

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 02:41 AM   #9
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

If your rollerdoor uses an infa-red remote (most don't....but), if so then you can get 1 of those cheapie universal remote controls for about $20 and get that to learn it, usually meant for tv's but works with any infa-red device, you can even get them from most supermarkets these days in the batterys/lights section.

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post