Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-03-2007, 11:23 PM   #1
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Default Base idle setting in an AU

Heyas,

Just a quick question for the AU Brotherhood, I've recently had some issues with my AU Series 1 missing and carrying on, replaced the leads and plugs and a battery that fixed most of it, but now it seems like its idling too low, when you come to a stop it seems (in general driving too) the revs are too low and wants to stall but doesn't, but it is fine on acceleration. Its an auto transmission, I found an E series thread with formula on this and was wondering if this was the same for an AU?

Thanks

Chris,

SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2007, 11:31 PM   #2
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Here is a thread on how set the base idle:

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....highlight=idle

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2007, 11:45 PM   #3
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Thanks Chief,

went out checked the base idle rpm its about 800rpm which appears correct? Not sure about Drive and Reverse that drops to 500rpms it this normal. Main part where am noticing a difference is when coming to a stop she shudders/attempts to stall slightly. It drives fine but its just one of those damn annoying things you know your car didn't do before I had the leads, plugs and battery replaced. Battery didn't go completely dead, just not enough kick to start (ie, clock lights and stereo have power) not sure if this interfered with the tuning or not.....

Thanks,

Chris
Old 07-03-2007, 12:12 AM   #4
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have a look on aufalcon.com at the tutorial about resetting the ecu and the relearn procedure, this should help with the low idle when coming to a stop
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

You should clean the ISC valve also.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...9&postcount=43

All the best with it.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #6
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Hi guys,

I've tried every single trick that I have heard and no luck damn stubborn thing just will not come to party, so I ran out of patience and took it off to Ford they plugged it in to computer and 1/2 hr later good as gold. At least my diagnosis was correct, base idle was way way way out but its all good and back better than ever :
Thanks guys

Chris,
Old 07-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #7
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirHenry
Hi guys,

I've tried every single trick that I have heard and no luck damn stubborn thing just will not come to party, so I ran out of patience and took it off to Ford they plugged it in to computer and 1/2 hr later good as gold. At least my diagnosis was correct, base idle was way way way out but its all good and back better than ever :
Thanks guys

Chris,
Good result - how much did Ford charge you for that "service"?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Good result - how much did Ford charge you for that "service"?
$45.00 to reset the base idle,
to have my falcon back and better than ever, priceless.... but for everything else there's mastercard I guess...

When I first got this vehicle about 2 1/2 years ago, someone /cough cleaned all the corrision off the terminals and battery and left them off for too long..
Had the same problem the usual fixes just don't work in this one, it needs Ford's codes to fix it, fortunately I know the right person to speak to in the Ford Service Dept, ex workshop and knows his stuff so your not paying money for mechanics going off on tangents... Oh yeah they were able to do it right there and then without appointment very lucky.

Big pat on the back for Denmac Ford, Darra in Brisbane, its the small things like these that make you remember when you services comes due.

:
Old 08-03-2007, 06:07 PM   #9
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

good to hear dude, my series 1 had the same problem, up until i had my paccies installed on tuesday (i known this had nothing to do with correcting it) it use to scare me and sometimes cause the auto to stall when taking off at a busy T junction.

since tuesday it has just stopped doing it?? the guy at the workshop never mentioned anything about fixing it so... eh?