Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-04-2005, 07:26 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Thumbs down car hoons on currant affair

car hoons on currant affair tonight channel 9 at 6.30 pm comments here
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 07:40 PM   #2
parawolf
beep beep

watching it now... typical losers with nothing in their life but their car.

That "Old MacDonald" comment - get real

And nothing like reinforcing negative ethic stereotypes like "us lebos mate, we ride together, we die together".

Losers - they won't get fair in life.. thats all i've got to say.
Old 27-04-2005, 07:52 PM   #3
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
And nothing like reinforcing negative ethic stereotypes like "us lebos mate, we ride together, we die together".
Its a pity the vocal minority make the rest of the ok ones look bad.

Like whats with trying to start fights with cops ?

Maybe they need to send the army in as cops to police these areas. Watching all that happen on tv made me ****ed off that they'll likely get away with it all.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

Last edited by loxxr6; 27-04-2005 at 07:58 PM. Reason: someone will prob complain about a comment
loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 07:56 PM   #4
MrQuan
Social Disaster

I can't believe the cops just walk away!!

There MUST be something they can do, it just makes me angry seeing someone take so much shit, without being able to stand up for themselves.

The cops definately aren't in control there. And those ****ers are gonna give all young drivers in a modded ride a bad name.

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 08:02 PM   #5
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

There is no easy answer.
I for one am all for confiscation of thier cars.
One can only hope that as these people all have parents is that we hope thier parents were watching. I can imagine a little old woman giving one of them a good cuff over the ear.
Old 27-04-2005, 08:02 PM   #6
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Just starting in SA, comments in 15min

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #7
gtfpv
GT

unfortunately most of the time their mothers call them good boys!!
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 08:05 PM   #8
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Well the people in that carpark are not car enthusiests. Just plain ****ERS. Only one or two decent cars in the Whole bunch!!

Old 27-04-2005, 08:08 PM   #9
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
There is no easy answer.
One can only hope that as these people all have parents is that we hope thier parents were watching. I can imagine a little old woman giving one of them a good cuff over the ear.
Amen... repeat fines in say a 1 month period, car is confiscated for 1 month (and sizable fine ~$1000).

offend again in 6 months and car is confiscated for 6 months (and hefty fine ~$2000).

Offend again in 6 months after that, car is taken and sold at the trades.
Old 27-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #10
Walkinshaw
Two > One

That dude being interviewed at 2UE summed the people up....

"SKUM" thats all they are.

Old 27-04-2005, 08:17 PM   #11
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Like I've said before, "why should the police do anything when the justice system look's the other way and favour's these hoon's" these Police man/women would love to take a batten/spray to them and bring them into line and put them in the slammer for a night but why should they risk there own life and put up with crap like that when the offender's will get out scott free the next day, DO NOT for one minute blame our Police officer's, the blame here lies solely on the goverment and the justice system, we live in one stuffed up world, and I'm sorry if I offend anyone here but the majoritty of these ********'s are all imagrant's.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 08:19 PM   #12
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
I can't believe the cops just walk away!!

There MUST be something they can do, it just makes me angry seeing someone take so much shit, without being able to stand up for themselves.

The cops definately aren't in control there. And those ****ers are gonna give all young drivers in a modded ride a bad name.

The cops cannot do anything....the P.I.C ( Police Integrity Commision) would have a field day with them. My father was a 35 year police veteran and was once ken maroneys boss. In the old days...these hoons would have got a well deserved belting....but it is all history now. This is one of the many reasons why he decided to retire. I hate it when a cop pulls me up and fines me....but i always show courteous respect toward them. But i take my hat off to them...takes a big man to walk away from that abuse.....if I was that cop, i would have made big mouth eat his words. Also i was disgusted the way they treated the anzac day theme with utter contempt. Maybe they should be deported back to their homelands.....maybe then they may begin to understand what a lucky country they live in ,and take for granted.

On another note...a few years ago ACC did a similar story on some of sydneys hoons, they all raved how good a driver they all were & they were slapping each other on the back. ACC invited them to a track day at Eastern Creek.. and they made themselves look like complete fools. None of them could drive if their life depended on it..... :hihi:

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........

Last edited by Firefox7; 27-04-2005 at 08:26 PM.
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 08:37 PM   #13
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The problem with fines no matter how hefty they are, they can still be paid and its the end of it. i mean car confiscation is a good idea if it was enforced properly and fairly, but there r times when a little innocent slip of the wheel is considered a burnout by the cops. they would abuse the power in my oppinion. sadly street racing will never be beaten. as soon as one is taken off the streets another 5 or so replace them.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 08:42 PM   #14
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Those guys were just tossers, who saw the white EF/EL I think it was a fairlane or it just had a fairlane? It went sideways into an AU, teh VL burnout wasn't bad :P pity it wasn't on a track.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 08:46 PM   #15
Citric GT
Its yellow, NOT green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
That dude being interviewed at 2UE summed the people up....

"SKUM" thats all they are.
That was Steve Price, hes a Talk show host with 2UE in the mornings.

The cops should be able to just call for a few 'paddy wagons' and arrest anyone who even looks impolite.
Old 27-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #16
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Restrict the MF's to South Western Sydney, that'll do... fence up the neighbourhoods and don't let em out. There we go, 98% of Sydney's crime is solved!!!!
Old 27-04-2005, 09:20 PM   #17
Walkinshaw
Two > One

In the 70s these people were fixed with the "10minutes behind the watchouse" routine. Sometimes I wish it could be braught back.

Old 27-04-2005, 09:21 PM   #18
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
There is no easy answer.
Till some old grandma sees you go past faster than she liked and dobs you into the hoon hotline and you have your car confiscated. Old people hear a car with a lumpy idle and instantly think hoon. They don't even take into consideration your on your way to work etc.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 09:30 PM   #19
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah it all is peoples perception. you can be driving a certain speed with a loud exhaust and some people bitch bout it and others dont care. i remember i was doin 40km/h in a school zone and some old dude who was walking on the footpath went nuts for some reason at me.

only thing i can think of is the exhaust as i didnt have the stereo cranked. all these people who get defected by cops for having loud stereos and exhausts and getting labeled hoons for it, have probably been done so by a particular cop's ears. to one person it can be loud and to another and could be quite sedate. in any case they should use testing equipment and not just their ****ING EARS.

same with speeding. unless they have a radar reading or if you are obviously flying then there should be no fine. some cop tried to fine me for speeding without proof. i just said provide the evidence and ill pay it. no it was just his judgement which was wrong coz i wasnt speeding at all. just because i dont take a year to reach the speed limit doesnt mean im speeding.
Old 27-04-2005, 09:32 PM   #20
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:

Unfortunately their mothers are the ones likely to be bashed. The culture of these people is that the guys are everything and the women are crap.

Perfect example. On another channel there was a muslim priest who said that because women dressed provocatively, that they were eligible to be raped. WTF is that ?!? He did get addressed by one of his elders for his statement.

This is the mentality of their culture. The younger guys are brought up to think they can do what they want and they do it. No respect for law or anyone else.

Old 27-04-2005, 09:34 PM   #21
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
Are these the same guys who get on tv and justify rape?
Exactly what my last post was about...

Old 27-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #22
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Unfortunately their mothers are the ones likely to be bashed. The culture of these people is that the guys are everything and the women are crap.

Perfect example. On another channel there was a muslim priest who said that because women dressed provocatively, that they were eligible to be raped. WTF is that ?!? He did get addressed by one of his elders for his statement.

This is the mentality of their culture. The younger guys are brought up to think they can do what they want and they do it. No respect for law or anyone else.
If you had watched more of that interview you would have also heard he was taken out of context and that he was not only talking to just Muslims in the closed wals of a mosque, but also stated that not only is rape punishable by death in Islam but that he was going to instruct the members of his mosque through more talks about the importance of that etc just to make sure he hadn't been misunderstood. The media will do ANYTHING to jump on a car hoon/leb/muslim's back.

Just remember it IS A Current Affair... it's hardly quality reporting. Stinks/smacks of bias. I'm not endorsing any of the fools on that video, some of their behaviour as stated was probably punishable as acts of treason... or should have been... but still, it was setup somewhat with a sense of bias. The facts speak for themselves, it was still a damning report and any of those punks deserved to cop a nightstick to the teeth for their foul, disrespectful mouths. Old MacDonald eh? how about Old Mc Big Mac through a Blender...

Last edited by zetec; 27-04-2005 at 09:45 PM.
zetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #23
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
Till some old grandma sees you go past faster than she liked and dobs you into the hoon hotline and you have your car confiscated. Old people hear a car with a lumpy idle and instantly think hoon. They don't even take into consideration your on your way to work etc.

Mate, if you are that paranoid about your car and your driving, maybe you should address the speed that would concern the "old grandma" and slow down.

As for having your car confiscated...its not all that simple unfortunatly, if it was we would not have this major problem. A Police officer must witness the offense.
Old 27-04-2005, 09:50 PM   #24
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

What a bunch of ****ers. They need a swift kick up the ****.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 09:53 PM   #25
mattlea1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
Restrict the MF's to South Western Sydney, that'll do... fence up the neighbourhoods and don't let em out. There we go, 98% of Sydney's crime is solved!!!!
I live in south west Sydney ******** and im not a criminal but my wife and i are hard working aussies who own a business and are buying our own home and we are both car enthusiasts and yes in my 13 years of driving i have received my fair share of defects but not once have i ever mouthed off to a Police officer.
On another note the guy who wanted to punch on with the cop for giving him a defect notice who do you think he will go running to when he gets into trouble and needs help or his car gets stolen.
mattlea1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 10:06 PM   #26
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
I know that true islam has great respect for others and especially neighbours
Its the extremists which are problems...

Unfortunately like I said before, the worst and most vocal seem to give everyone else a bad rap.

Old 27-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #27
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlea1
On another note the guy who wanted to punch on with the cop for giving him a defect notice who do you think he will go running to when he gets into trouble and needs help or his car gets stolen.
that is so true.
Old 27-04-2005, 10:13 PM   #28
jaytyn

It made me sick to see the way these people can talk to police!!!

I graduate from the police academy in another 8 weeks, I must say, I am not looking forward to putting up with those sorts of idiots.
jaytyn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2005, 10:18 PM   #29
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
It made me sick to see the way these people can talk to police!!!

I graduate from the police academy in another 8 weeks, I must say, I am not looking forward to putting up with those sorts of idiots.
No person should, full stop.

Its just childish f'n behaviour.

Old 27-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #30
BJ
Banned

Lets see what they have for us tomorow night.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post