Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-10-2006, 01:39 PM   #1
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Default UFO.I think I saw one..

A bit of a saga, so stay with me.. I live in Townsville about 30 kliks from the RAAF base, at the moment we have visiting us a mob of F18's from NSW doing strafeing,bombing and Radar terrain following exercises(because of the hilly/mountainous nature of the ADF restricted area's around the High Range military training grounds to the west of Townsville it allows them to practice these exercises)Anyway. I was feeding my dog on my front verandah just on dusk when two F18's came up the valley from High Range to the south of me (about a kilometre away at around 500 metres up,the size of your thumb nail held at about half arms length) they make a tremendously impressive racket that close to you doing their allowable restrictive air speed etc.As they shot past me I noticed a very defined blue light,it was ovoid in shape and approximately 300 metres behind the F18's and seemed about the same size as the jets and shadowing them at the same speed same hight etc. As this thing went past me to the left it slowed down, seemed to hesitate,rose about a hundred metres and reversed its direction and took off back towards High Range at a quite staggering rate of knots.It made no sound I could hear, but my dogs ears were standing up and he was carrying on like a loose arab. anyway it disappeared back up the valley to the west of me. About 2 minutes later the two F18's came screaming back(I can only think in pursuit) they too disappeared up the valley.There was an awful lot of plane and copter activity all night.. (please note.All speeds,ceilings,and distances are relative) So, do you believe in this sort of thing?. I do now..

Old 23-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
hambo_12

Well, Im undecided as to whether there are aliens out there, but I dont think they are here. Having said that, an experience like that might make me a believer...Kim Jong Il runaway nuke perhaps?? ;)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 01:57 PM   #3
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think you should stay off the drugs... Nah just kidding i aint sure what i beleive im more of a fence sitter in this. There has been evidence that UFO's do exisit but eh,, i aint sure,
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
hambo_12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_XC
There has been evidence that UFO's do exisit but eh,, i aint sure,
Such as? (Not having a go at you, just would be interesting to know...)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 02:11 PM   #5
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Ive never seen anything that wierd, just the usual "hey, did you see that?" "umm, no". But have had people that are so close to me... people that i trust and believe... recount similar stories to yours hardtop.

Frankly - im not suprised that you see some funky stuff living near a RAAF base!
Old 23-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #6
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do I believe in UFOs? In the true sense of the word, yes. I believe in Flying Objects that I cannot identify. The last flight I took I saw something, a ball like object hovering the clouds.
Do I believe there are little green/grey aliens piloting these things? Err no.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #7
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are you sure they are not testing some funky laser disipation devices :P
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #8
BEN189
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder how long it will take for the Feds to close this thread
BEN189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #9
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_c
Are you sure they are not testing some funky laser disipation devices :P
They could have been testing fairy lights for all I know.My dog does'nt usually react to laser disipation devices though. Lol..
Old 23-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #10
XRCIST
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Interesting........do any of u guys believe that there are other lifefroms out there though???????
XRCIST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #11
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
But have had people that are so close to me... people that i trust and believe...
Same here, my mother and her sisters had a similar experience on a cattle station near Woomera circa 1968.

When it's your own mother telling you the story, you know that something strange happened....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 03:14 PM   #12
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I don't know who to call in Queensland but down here people who "sight" UFO's can call 95067080.........
Old 23-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #13
syzygy9

We live on a very ordinary planet, orbiting a very ordinary star, in a very ordinary galaxy - one of billions! . . . . i.e. there are lots of planets/stars/galaxies and there ain't anything special about the conditions that allowed this planet and it's occupants to evolve.

So, are there other 'things' out there? undoubtably; do they visit this planet? who knows! However, most UFO sightings are generally just that; unidentified, flying objects - they're identity tends to be mundane things like tricks of light, weather balloons, etc; not necessarily aliens. However, if I was an alien flying around on an alien planet, I would also chase jets! (or whatever they have).

keep looking! they're our there :alien2:
syzygy9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #14
james22
With da Warlords

i've heard stories, from mum and family, so i suppose there might be something to it. No reason for your own family to lie about something like that... In any case, i'm a fence hopper. If I seen it AND heard it, then i might believe it lol. I thought I seen something one night, but then again it was a preety good session lol

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 03:23 PM   #15
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

I kinda like this sort of stuff, i have heard many stories that sound just like the first post & I dont think you can discredit someone if they say they have seen something that just isn't the norm.
There is an Aussie website dedicated to video footage of this sort of stuff, and there is a good video of someone filming out over the wing of the commuter jet they are in, and pretty much the same thing happened. I will try and dig the site up.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #16
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtopxb
A bit of a saga, so stay with me.. I live in Townsville about 30 kliks from the RAAF base, at the moment we have visiting us a mob of F18's from NSW doing strafeing,bombing and Radar terrain following exercises(because of the hilly/mountainous nature of the ADF restricted area's around the High Range military training grounds to the west of Townsville it allows them to practice these exercises)Anyway. I was feeding my dog on my front verandah just on dusk when two F18's came up the valley from High Range to the south of me (about a kilometre away at around 500 metres up,the size of your thumb nail held at about half arms length) they make a tremendously impressive racket that close to you doing their allowable restrictive air speed etc.As they shot past me I noticed a very defined blue light,it was ovoid in shape and approximately 300 metres behind the F18's and seemed about the same size as the jets and shadowing them at the same speed same hight etc. As this thing went past me to the left it slowed down, seemed to hesitate,rose about a hundred metres and reversed its direction and took off back towards High Range at a quite staggering rate of knots.It made no sound I could hear, but my dogs ears were standing up and he was carrying on like a loose arab. anyway it disappeared back up the valley to the west of me. About 2 minutes later the two F18's came screaming back(I can only think in pursuit) they too disappeared up the valley.There was an awful lot of plane and copter activity all night.. (please note.All speeds,ceilings,and distances are relative) So, do you believe in this sort of thing?. I do now..
You may care to log your sighting on an appropriate UFO sighting website.
I have had (the whole family in fact) a sighting which could not be explained a couple of years ago. And it did alter my views. I could suggest reading the work of Timothy Good, a very thorough researcher. Many books of his out over the years which make very compelling reading.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #17
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin
Do I believe in UFOs? In the true sense of the word, yes. I believe in Flying Objects that I cannot identify. The last flight I took I saw something, a ball like object hovering the clouds.
Do I believe there are little green/grey aliens piloting these things? Err no.
So lets get this straight. The universe has been around for billions of years, we live in a universe containing millions of star systems, in the last 100 years alone we have gone from the horse and cart to space flight.

And...

You consider it inconceivable that in all those billions of years, and in all the millions of star systems that there is absolutely no possibility that another life form was able to evolve anywhere, is both superior to us and able to visit us.

If an alien life form(Able to create and use tools) emerged somewhere the same time the dinosaurs died on Earth, their civilization would have existed for 65 million years. Considering how far we have come in 160,000 years, imagine how far advanced they would be and their capabilities.

We live in world where the only major super power is controlled by a Texan. You better wish like hell for intelligent life elsewhere and for it to arrive asap.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #18
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
So lets get this straight. The universe has been around for billions of years, we live in a universe containing millions of star systems, in the last 100 years alone we have gone from the horse and cart to space flight.

And...

You consider it inconceivable that in all those billions of years, and in all the millions of star systems that there is absolutely no possibility that another life form was able to evolve anywhere, is both superior to us and able to visit us.

If an alien life form(Able to create and use tools) emerged somewhere the same time the dinosaurs died on Earth, their civilization would have existed for 65 million years. Considering how far we have come in 160,000 years, imagine how far advanced they would be and their capabilities.

We live in world where the only major super power is controlled by a Texan. You better wish like hell for intelligent life elsewhere and for it to arrive asap.
Hehehe.. well said. I agree. I just hope it arrives in time for our planet to pull out of its nosedive.
Old 23-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #19
EvilChief
Boost Addict

those f18s are a royal pain in the *** atm, bloody noisy bastards, thank gawd i moved away from nath street, you could hear planes landing all night long

now i just have to put up with helicopters landing at the hopsital
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #20
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by max
Hehehe.. well said. I agree. I just hope it arrives in time for our planet to pull out of its nosedive.
AHahha Sourbastard has a very good point. :gren:
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #21
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think theres life out there, for sure.
But is life from other Worlds on ours? No I dont believe that.
With all the video cameras, digital cameras, phone cameras that we all have now, yet no one has managed to capture 'little green men' yet?

Old 23-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #22
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
With all the video cameras, digital cameras, phone cameras that we all have now, yet no one has managed to capture 'little green men' yet?
I cant name one piece of evidence thats ever been brought forward that hasnt had a concerted attack on it to "debunk" it. The attacks range from anything from personal muck raking to "techno-babble" designed to make the evidence appear as fradulent.

Theres more then enough photographic evidence out there for UFO's. What you dont get alot of is family snaps of Mister and Misses Ronald L Alien and the 14,000 pod children back on Voltron XI. That is understandable though, as civillians cant even take photos inside a US warship let alone on a alien vessel.

Personally I can make my mind up based only on whats to be seen in the sky. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, I'm not going to point into the sky an yell that its flying emu. Its an effing duck.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 23-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #23
nicco

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChief
those f18s are a royal pain in the *** atm, bloody noisy bastards, thank gawd i moved away from nath street, you could hear planes landing all night long

now i just have to put up with helicopters landing at the hopsital
yeah, i live out at the uni, so same diff over here too.

and to the original post, i didnt see anything, but i cant see the planes from my room either.
nicco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #24
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Are you sure it wasn't this guy : http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=1028834

??
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 05:28 PM   #25
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

SETI, they have been looking for years. All you members out there, that never turn off your computers, why dont you visit the SETI web page and download the software that help them search...... cool screen saver as well. You might become famous.......

There are known things out there that have perhaps been explained, but maybe they dont exist......

That one is for you Mr MO.
Old 23-10-2006, 05:33 PM   #26
davro_xr6
HRN13 (formerly X-Rated)

Is there life on other planets in one of the other squillion systems?? Undoubtedly!! Is it possible that there has been visits to this planet by "little green men" (as previously put) Maybe, it is possible...
So lets hypothetically assume that this was all the case, and that the whole roswell thing happened, and that there are little green men zipping around making a mockery of our aircraft with air acrobatics in the skies - would the government/s actually admit to any of it?? Hell no!! Would they really want to create a sense of doubting and hysteria within the modern world and different cultures around the world?? We have enough turmoil as it is without creating fear by confirming that some other organism in the universe is way more advanced than us...

Although personally I would love to get my hands on their technology - ENGINE SWAP FOR SURE!!
Upgrades so far... : 2003 BA XT n/a 6 - Lowered 3" - Lovell Lowered Race Springs front & Rear - Pedders Sports Rider Shocks front and Rear - 18" x 8.5" AMG Akuza Mags - Pacemaker Headers - 2.5" Redback exhaust system - High flow cat - cat back - no muffler - Quck shifter kit - Typhoon CAI - custom stereo & boot install - Bonnet decal :
davro_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 05:34 PM   #27
max
LWBforME

Quote:
You see, this is an area you might be interested to bone up on.
You can get hold of (from libraries too), the books which make very good reading on research eg, by Timothy Good, Nick Pope etc. You will be very surprised just exactly who has photographed what, who's seen what and who they are and what happens to the information. And when I say research, I mean real research, fully referenced, not just a bunch of pub yarns strung together. May I suggest 'Beyond Top Secret' by Timothy Good an ideal starting point. I guarantee it will make you expand the limits of your thinking.
Old 23-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #28
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by max
You see, this is an area you might be interested to bone up on.
You can get hold of (from libraries too), the books which make very good reading on research eg, by Timothy Good, Nick Pope etc. You will be very surprised just exactly who has photographed what, who's seen what and who they are and what happens to the information. And when I say research, I mean real research, fully referenced, not just a bunch of pub yarns strung together. May I suggest 'Beyond Top Secret' by Timothy Good an ideal starting point. I guarantee it will make you expand the limits of your thinking.
Nick Popes Uninvited is quite good.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 23-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #29
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

Quote:
You would think though, that a civilisation intelligent enough to come here without entering the atmosphere waving huge 'We Are Here' signs, would have means to avoid being photographed as they randomly scurry about the alleyways like a pack of bumbling clowns at night. I'm sure there is a whole heap of elements and materials in other parts of the universe that smarter civilisations would be able to put to use to avoid being detected by crazy ol humans, if of course they themselves aren't capable of masking their presence. Then again, maybe they didn't count on us having certain things available to us: our eyes alone could probably work entirely differently to what they have come to know/believe. There's a quote that goes "...the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose."

As sourbastard alluded to, the universe is in no way small; it is much more likely that there are other forms of intelligent life out there, than there isn't. Whether or not we or other forms of intelligent life will encounter each other over the period of our species existence is another story. I personally have no doubt that in the billions of galaxies that are out there, there is at least one civilisation that is as advanced or more advanced than humans, but I don't really know if any of them are here on Earth.

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #30
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
I cant name one piece of evidence thats ever been brought forward that hasnt had a concerted attack on it to "debunk" it. The attacks range from anything from personal muck raking to "techno-babble" designed to make the evidence appear as fradulent.
Its not really 'evidence' if the majority of experts can disprove/explain it all in a matter of minutes with actual science and reasonable explainations. Crop circles, alien autopsy, fake UFO photos/videos. Why are these people trying so hard to fake it all if there is so much 'evidence' out there?

People would rather believe in a conspiracy, because its alot more interesting that the truth.