Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 08-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #1
fomoco3628

Default help with lowering

i Want to get my car lowered properly. i got a quote for 1300 for pedders superlows. he said i won't need a caster camber kit. he also didn't say anything about sway bars or anything like that. i've been to heaps of places and they keep saying i need different things or "you don't need this or this". I have sort of an idea of what i need ( shocks, springs, swaybar, caster and camber kit, get guards rolled) I want to do it properly cos i got 19' rims any don't want any tyre wear that can be avoided
So if anyone can make of list of what i need please post it.

CAR: Au II ford falcon with 19" Non-irs wanting to go superlows

cheers sean

fomoco3628 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

Well, I have 17's and needed a camber kit, springs, shocks, struts and thats it. But I dont know about 19's, Ill let someone else deal with that.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #3
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

On this subject, I just received some XR springs in the post. They are going on to my Fairmont. Will I need to replace the shocks and will I need a camber kit?
TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 01:15 PM   #4
EvilChief
Boost Addict

1300 for superlows? is that with shocks? and yes u will need camber kit
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChief
I hope for that price shocks are included. I would have expected that you would need a camber kit. Many guys here get their guards rolled, but not sure if that's with 19inch rims or because of going lower than XR (King Low) height.

Others will set you straight though I'm sure!

All the best with it.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 06:29 PM   #6
fomoco3628

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilChief
yeah with shocks, wheel alignment.
fomoco3628 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 07:00 PM   #7
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEL
On this subject, I just received some XR springs in the post. They are going on to my Fairmont. Will I need to replace the shocks and will I need a camber kit?
Yes, you will need a camber kit.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #8
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

you should also try and track down a set of XR lower control arms for the rear.. They are 20mm longer than the standard ones.. I ran superlows on the factory length arms for nearly 12 months and maybe 5 000 odd kays and my rear bushes were rooted... $450 in bushes and 2 arms to fix the 'rake' angle the diff sits at was quite a surprise considering my car hasn't done 90 000 klms total yet...

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 07:47 PM   #9
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
you should also try and track down a set of XR lower control arms for the rear.. They are 20mm longer than the standard ones.. I ran superlows on the factory length arms for nearly 12 months and maybe 5 000 odd kays and my rear bushes were rooted... $450 in bushes and 2 arms to fix the 'rake' angle the diff sits at was quite a surprise considering my car hasn't done 90 000 klms total yet...
Was that with IRS, Racecraft? I wonder if this is a common thing, even with live axle.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #10
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Was that with IRS, Racecraft? I wonder if this is a common thing, even with live axle.

GK
Non IRS

I have 3 mechanics that advise me of the state of my car and they are probably more fastidious than most, but when you see the angle the diff sits in relation to the floor you'd understand the extra stresses on the bushes. BY using the slightly longer arms the diff is forced to sit closer to parallel to the floorpan reguardless of the ride height (within reason :P)

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 07:56 PM   #11
Ford Fanatic
Kiwi Ford Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
Must have ment IRS being and XR, fomoco3628 has solid rear, same as my AUII Fairmont. I have just put in Koni Sports Adjustables front and rear, King SSL in the front and SL in the rear. Camber kit a must. Have also done all the front bushes with Noltec, waiting on the supplier to get the rear bushes in.

Even tho the Faitmont has a small front anti sway bar, between the bushes, shocks and springs the car doesnt roll very much anymore. Mite beef them up just a little. About to fit 18" rims and 6 pot AP front brakes.

Cheers
Dale
Black AUII 5.0L Fairmont, Koni Adjustable Sports Shocks, King SL Rear, SSL Front. Pacemaker TRI-Y's and 3" Rage exhaust, Willwood 4pot front callipers with 325mm directional vaned rotors. Still to come :- 6 speed manual conversion, head, cam and of course a blower!
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #12
The Mighty Red

I just bought these for the XR on Ebay .......http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I dont think I will need a camber kit ,but I have been wrong before.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:46 AM   #13
Abacus
Life's a Gas

If you have IRS you will need the Ford rear camber kit, as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
If the AU has IRS & not a XR & has XR or lowered springs to have it aligned correct you need 2 P/N 5K500ART upper arm camber service kits for the IRS
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 02:53 AM   #14
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i just put SL king springs all round on my S1 Fairlane with IRS and didnt need front or rear camber kits. im running the standard shocks at the moment (when they crap out ill get the better shorter items)
the alignment was done by pedders at Lawnton QLD

i will need a camber kit(which i already have but not installed) in a few months time as i have a castor issue that is making the car pull slightly to the left

i also have a scrubbing issue of the rear tyres (245/35R20) rubbing just where the bumper and body meets on the rear only!!

other than that the alignment is perfect