Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 28-08-2006, 11:20 PM   #1
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Someone has damaged my car!

Well woke up this morning to get a call from my mum telling me that there are scratches all over the side off my car aswell as a swipe in the rear bumper of my car. I Went outside believing my mum was just seeing things and it turns out she wasn’t lying. There are scratches all over the side of my car that appears to of be keyed by someone. And to top it off theres a massive mark in my rear bumper????. I was definitely not happy and thought how am I going to fix this?.

At the momement im not exactly rich so i cant fix anything. The best i could do was to get some touch up paint from ford and cover what i could. I did my best but the scratches are too deep, and the colour that i got doesnt match my paint..............Il post some pictures up tommoro but it hurts to see something you earned get destroy by some ****jobs!. Im thinking that my best way out of this is to get some second hand panels (rear bumper, rear left hand door and rear left wheel arch panel) but turns out i cant find any in my colour. Went to pick a part and they had no EA-ED in peacock green nor can i find anything on the internet, so basically im left to here. If anyone could help me in finding good condition panels in peacock green, i would greatly appreciate as i cant afford to fix the damage any other way.

Regards SVT8

SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 11:24 PM   #2
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Any pics? Depending on how deap the scratches are you may not need touch up paint some good polish may do the trick!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 11:30 PM   #3
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Believe me I tried polishing out by hand and the buffer and only managed to get one scratch out. The others are too deep and my bumper needs to be repainted as the mark goes across about a quarter of the bumper. I touched it up with the paint it looks much better than what it did before but its still noticeable. Il post the pics up tomorrow.
Old 28-08-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Bloody pricks, i feel for you mate. I went to a party once, the next day I discovered some ***** had scrathed the hell outta my Ford Badges. I was lucky I guess
Old 28-08-2006, 11:36 PM   #5
Dezza
Parts bin special

Bad luck. There are some inconsiderate bastards out there. You will find the rear guard will be an absolute ***** to replace as they aren't easy to get off, and the other problem you will find is if you get some peacock green panels, the colour could still be a fair mismatch (as cars fade over time - even if the paint looks new, generally the colour has still changed a bit.) Good luck with the repairs.

And BTW. I have some light dints in my bonnet from someone walking across it. I just hate vandals

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 11:38 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

best off getting it properly repaired by a panelshop and possibly make a claim on your insurance...

work out weather the cost will be more or less than your excess and go that way
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 11:49 PM   #7
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not good news there at all, i had my HJ monaro keyed top to toe and was not impressed.

with your touch up paint you say it does not match is it because your paint has faded a little or you cant get the right colour ?

there are several options that may help, 1 is kitten i think have a wax colour coded crayon that can be used to fill the scratches but i have never used this, others say it is ok.

second with your touch up paint something like this may work, first you will need something like final inspection from megs as a cleaner, it is a paint shop friendly product, next when applying the touch up paint, try for more is less approach ie build it up over a few days, get yourself a very fine brush or even a tooth pick and try and just place paint into the centre line of the scratch, then using a credit card draw arount its shape in an old icecream lid and cut this out, using the soft plastic gently scrape the centre line of paint down the scratch it should fill and flatten as you go.

remove any excess from the sides of the scratch let it dry then you can use some 2000 grit wet n dry to very lightly sand any bumps, refill any spots leftover and repeat until filled.

lastly hit it with some scratchx over the area and complete with a good wax, it may not be the best repair but an option for now, you may even spray a little clear cote in with your touch up paint as well.

another thing that may help is post up a thread in coyotee's forum as he may be able to help you further.

On the spot Paint Repairs
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 11:52 PM   #8
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Sorry to hear mate, good luck with getting the new rear guard.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 04:02 AM   #9
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Damn man, that's gotta suck big time. What happened to you would be my worst nightmare, i couldn't imagine what i would do if some little ***** came and did this to my pride and joy. This is why it's so hard to own a nice car these days, you put your time, money, blood and sweat into your car and it only takes one jealous little ****er to ruin your car and possibly set you back big $$$$.

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 07:03 AM   #10
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
Damn man, that's gotta suck big time. What happened to you would be my worst nightmare, i couldn't imagine what i would do if some little ***** came and did this to my pride and joy. This is why it's so hard to own a nice car these days, you put your time, money, blood and sweat into your car and it only takes one jealous little ****er to ruin your car and possibly set you back big $$$$.
Yeah, it makes you wonder. I generally do take my car anyware that requires me to leave it unprotected. i.e. Out on the street. But sometimes I wonder why I don't drive a @#$tbox to save the heartache. Might have to get one, and leave the T at home more often.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #11
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i managed to fix up most of the scratches this morning, amazingly i got some out although you can still see some lines. There is one really deep scratch on the rear left hand door and i tried my best but thats gona be a hard one. The touch up paint is the right colour but for some reason it doesnt quite match. The actually green on the touch up paint is slightly lighter than the rest of my car. But as ford did mix the paint up on the spot i guess they can get it exact.

As for the rear it looks pefect from a distance but close up reveals all........ il keep applying some coats and sanding it back then il post up my touch up works.
Old 29-08-2006, 01:08 PM   #12
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM T
Yeah, it makes you wonder. I generally do take my car anyware that requires me to leave it unprotected. i.e. Out on the street. But sometimes I wonder why I don't drive a @#$tbox to save the heartache. Might have to get one, and leave the T at home more often.
I do drive a s**tbox now cause I was sick of all the scratches and dings cause people really have no respect. I found a shopping trolley pushed up against my car in a carpark once. I was not happy. Luckily the trolley only left one small mark and I was able to get that out. Now I use a nissan bluebird daily driver and its a peice of crap and I don't care how many scratches are in it!
I supposed there is not much you can do when your car is getting scratched up out the front of your house. Put a camera on it or in it?
Good luck with getting it all fixed up!
Old 29-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #13
Tiga_EL
Banned

That sucks mate.. Hopefully its not oo costly to get it all fixed.
Tiga_EL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 04:39 PM   #14
Belle_Hemmi
Fords & Hemi's

I feel for you i had my previous car keyed 4 times! not just 1 panel the whole %$#@ing LH side. I know exactly how you feel.
Belle_Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 04:45 PM   #15
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

the only damage on my car has been caused by other people that have driven away, hopefully carma comes to these sought of people in a really nasty way!
Old 29-08-2006, 09:34 PM   #16
ORSMEB
Steve

SVT8, good luck with the replacemen guards/touching up the paint. Seeing it person just makes me want to knock that bloke (assuming it a bloke [for all you sexist people out there]) out and teach him a lesson...
Let us know how you go with it all.
Old 29-08-2006, 09:47 PM   #17
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

nice 1 churchie..........theres a great sticker on Ebay at moment stating , YOU TOUCH MY FORD ,I CUT YOUR FINGERS OFF.... very suitable. I'll try to get a picture up all to c ..
Old 29-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #18
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Bugga!!!
Old 29-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #19
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

A must 4 all ford owners
Old 29-08-2006, 11:20 PM   #20
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just took these pictures now (sorry about the lighting) of the damage done, there is more but i couldnt see in the dark.

Well this is at the rear left door and is the deepest scratch. I managed to get around to depleting the scratch to about half it lenght by a bit of cut polish and touch up paint. There are are more scrathes on the front door but they seemed to come up all rite.

This one is as if someone had reversed into the back of my car. Mind you all the damage was on the same day (what are the chances scratched and swiped). I did a pretty good job with the touch up paint even though it could of been done a little better. This mark totally scraped the paint right off so now its looks better then seeing a silver mark on the rear.

Old 30-08-2006, 12:21 AM   #21
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

That sucks hard hope you catch them mate...
Old 30-08-2006, 12:26 AM   #22
RED FGII
Formerly EL-351

Their time will come man,but that would really **** ya off