Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 20-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #1
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 
Default New AU Fairlane bumper front for sale

Thought I'd put everyone onto another "rare" eBay item:
click here

Brand new unpainted AU Fairlane whole front bumper.

I've always wanted to try and put a T-series Falcon air dam into one of these but I don't think it'd look good with my two-tone and unsure how hard it'd get it to fit with the different shape/filling. Anyone else game to spend the money, time and effort trying this?? Blackers, Kryzak, AU-MUSTD, etc??

Andrew.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Old 20-08-2006, 03:52 PM   #2
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

id like to see a BA XR or GT front on an AU lane.. gives you the foglights that we all love..
Old 21-08-2006, 02:19 AM   #3
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

Im tempted. Mainly because i dont want to destroy my bumper when i put that TL50 mouth in it, but also because i have wondered for months how i could put some sort of driving lights into the front of the car.

But its alot of money to waste if it doesnt work...........

Hers: 2006 BF Super Pursuit in Vixen
Old 21-08-2006, 02:20 AM   #4
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a plastic welder could always graft the items like on a TS50 bar in there..
or any other car with driving lights.
Old 21-08-2006, 07:36 AM   #5
AU-MUSTD
Flat floor shifter

Dont tell everyone :evilking: I have been thinking about fog lights mounted in the bar and also parking sensors so was glad to see the bar. If it goes cheap then you'll see "beef_curtens" with the winning bid :
Old 21-08-2006, 09:07 AM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

i believe the TL50 mouth is just sikaflexed onto the front bar much like side skirts. anyway...
Old 21-08-2006, 09:18 AM   #7
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Chatting to a TL owner, he says that take a chunk out of the front bumper to put it in. You'd want to anyway, to allow more air in? If you put a Falcon T-series front on, it should also have the sides for the driving lights, so that's why I'd also wanna do that.

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Old 21-08-2006, 11:15 AM   #8
auvct

I have been looking into changing the front bar to a bf gt too for the lights.
As there are diferences between au and ba ,is there diferencews as well to the fairlanes?
I found this picture on drive .com of a ba fairlane a while back with a gt front.
There looks like there is a bit of work to keep the lines the sameof the bar to an nu fairlane, but not too sure if you would kill the look of the nu as you might have to change headlight assemblies as well.
That piccy of the fairlane dauphin do you know if they are side skirts rear bottom lip from a ts50 or awc?
Here are some vents from a landy which i was looking at putting one in each corner of my bar for looks .
Have to look at them as on the land they look big on the side.
Old 21-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #9
Dauphin
Irregular member

I've seen BA fronts that have been put onto AUs before. So it shouldn't be impossible to do the same with a BA/NU. From memory, there were some problems with the rear of that BA Fairlane in your pic - some things not working right, and the stripes were plain out of alignment all around. Still a top effort though!

The picture I put up is a photoshop I did a while ago. I can't remember which series T it was from but the skirts and rear bar are fake. Only the front is copied and pasted from another photo.

Those Landy objects look like a good idea. I wonder how hard it would be to get some fibre glass panels and just "extend" the front bumper of the NU a little so you can get some driving lights in there. I really have no idea how it can be done.

See this pic I did for Blackers:

Simple but effective?

Old 21-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #10
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
See this pic I did for Blackers:
http://www.uplink.com.au/media/blackers2.jpg

Simple but effective?
Nah, i think that looks horrible tbh :

I was thinking something along the lines of the driving light pods they have on the XR50 bars that AWC do. I just dont know how to integrate them without them looking dog****...

When fitting the TL50 mouth, they have to remove the bottom lip on the bar as that fouls on the new mouth. They then just mount it using the bolts at the top edges of the mount and then screw it in at the bottom. I will probably talk to a plastic welder and get it done properly though, because the 2 AU1 TL50s are just bolted in and when you look closely, it looks crap. I want it properly integrated, but thats because im really fussy :P

Does anyone know how much it is to get a AU fairlane bumper incase we miss this one?

Old 22-08-2006, 02:18 AM   #11
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

email FTG for a price on the bumper
they are good with most prices!
Old 22-08-2006, 10:18 AM   #12
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hi guys, i have just fitted a TL50 mouth to my lane. its easy to do. you open up the exsiting mouth at the sides and then cut the lower lip where it curves under, so you look at it and it has a straight edge. do not cut the whole bottom out!!!! the left over fits into the mouth to give it strenght. i used a Dremel rotory with a cutting disc and it cut through the bar with ease.

i had to run two self tappers through the flat section either side of the number plate as the mouth was a bit warped but you cant see them. i also meshed the opening.
Old 22-08-2006, 01:22 PM   #13
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you will have to get pics
it sounds easy enough!
Old 23-08-2006, 02:54 AM   #14
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just enquired through ford for the stock front bumper ..
unpainted they want $309
$290 for the rear bumper
$700ish for the rear left door
Old 23-08-2006, 09:39 AM   #15
Dauphin
Irregular member

If I had the time, fund and know how I'd try for:
- TE50 lower air dam adapted to front
- AWC AU wagon rear skirt adapted to rear
- BA Fairlane side skirts
- TL grill

Old 23-08-2006, 10:47 AM   #16
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Blackers10- bit hard got it all in. however i will try to get a pic off a front bar and post it with marks for the cut outs. it is easy, as long as you do the cuts right first. as i had never done one i had to make little ajustments. but now i'v done one i could do it with my eyes closed.!!!!
Old 23-08-2006, 01:14 PM   #17
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cool
what colour is the lane your putting it on?

all the TLs ive seen with that front are DARK so you cant really see what the front mouth looks like lol
Old 23-08-2006, 01:21 PM   #18
Dauphin
Irregular member

Here's a silver number with some light on the front:

Old 23-08-2006, 06:37 PM   #19
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine is winter white. i painted the mouth black but it doesnt suit. so i'm going to paint it body colour. i was thinking of painting the sills and bar lips black but thought it better to keep it all white. i'v done the headlight bezels black and it really stands out with the white.
Old 23-08-2006, 06:46 PM   #20
LUXO_8
windsor user

guys bugger off, i m buying it

nah, ive wanted to get hold of one of these for a long time....going to make a custom front bar for the NC.... which i think will look awesome

if it doesnt measure up even close, i wont touch it and it'll be for sale again....

Last edited by LUXO_8; 23-08-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 24-08-2006, 02:05 AM   #21
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

are you merlin or wat ever on ebay madnc??

if im on ebay i use blackfo33 for future reference;)

i think a light silver like the top 1/2 of dauphins car would go well against the white bumper

FTG has TL50 rear bumper skirts for sale too.. and im going to buy one!
then all i need is BA side skirts?? is that what mafia or t2tl50 used?? that one in your pics dauphin!
Old 24-08-2006, 04:24 AM   #22
MAFIA
Grange killer!!!!

That would be T2TL50 not mine Blacker. To be honest Wagon side skirt like what on T2TL50 car is to big and doesn't look right. I would stick with the BA fairlane side skirt, as it suit it well.

:Reverend:

INSURED BY MAFIA. YOU HIT US, WE KILL YOU!

FORD FTE AU T-SERIES CLUB OF AUSTRALIA
www.tseriesclub.org
Old 24-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #23
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Blackers- AU111 wagon side skirts are the right ones, and they are still available from Ford. about $170 a side and you still get to keep the rubber sill seals. are you sure the rear skirt is avaliable? i would love to get one. im going to post a couple of pic's of my toy today. i'm still not sure what to do with painting the lower half. might leave it to you guys to make the decision!!!!!

P.S in case you didnt know all the TL50 badge work is still avaliable from Ford
Old 24-08-2006, 10:11 AM   #24
auvct

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiers
Blackers- AU111 wagon side skirts are the right ones, and they are still available from Ford. about $170 a side and you still get to keep the rubber sill seals. are you sure the rear skirt is avaliable? i would love to get one. im going to post a couple of pic's of my toy today. i'm still not sure what to do with painting the lower half. might leave it to you guys to make the decision!!!!!

P.S in case you didnt know all the TL50 badge work is still avaliable from Ford
Hey blackers
Just called up ford for series three sr wagon side skirts and they said 407.00 each.
As i know its perth it is usually expensive but where did you get your price from?
Old 24-08-2006, 10:22 AM   #25
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HI AUVCT- im a motor dealer and i buy from Ford. will check the price today again to be sure.
Old 24-08-2006, 10:26 AM   #26
kryzak260
Brembo Lover

whats the price on that TL50 rear skirt blackers? pics?

CHeers,
Michael

Old 24-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #27
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hi AMIERS here. i rang and ordered one this morn. not sure what retail is but i paid $250
Old 24-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #28
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

its $250+postage from FTG

its listed in the FOR SALE section not the FTG section..

ive got my name on one

for pics have a look at i think its page 11->13 of the LTD and Fairlane photo shoot thing in show and shine

id be keen on that price too amiers for hte wagon skirts.. have you got any pics of those particular skirts??

thanks guys
Old 24-08-2006, 01:47 PM   #29
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wat did you buy amiers? bumper?? retail is 280
front is 320 approx
Old 24-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #30
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bought the rear skirt. now i will have to paint the sills and the bars!!!!!
Closed Thread