Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-08-2006, 05:48 PM   #1
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Thumbs down Autobarn

Not one to *****, but went down Autobarn today to get rear dba rotors for my ute. Anyways talking to the salesman for like 10 minutes about dba rotors, long story short i ordered them and got told to come back when they come in, when i got there i asked for them, out comes the salesman with rda rotors/ not even slotted ones : . F@!K*^g idiots. NEVER GOING TO AUTOBARN AGAIN.....
thats just my 2cents worth......

poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 02:37 AM   #2
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

It's a shame when you get some young sales n00b who can't take an order properly.
It's not Autobarn themselves ... just the poor staff that work there.
I am sure there are other Autobarn stores that fine though.

Which store was it ... just so i don't go there
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 02:49 AM   #3
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

autobarn your fault wouldnt trust them for good parts

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 03:16 AM   #4
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

supercheap can get anything from the rocket industries catalogue.. and that includes DBA rotors.. of all kinds

for my mates WH statesman it cost $117 per rotor and they were on the shelf.. but the AU items have to be ordered in sadly...

just have to make sure you get a DECENT spare parts guy
if he has no clue.. ask for sombody else.. or try a different store..

i believe most orders take around 3 days to get in..altho some are sooner..others are a bit longer..

so autobarn isnt the only place to go to get performance gear.
Old 19-08-2006, 03:18 AM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Well ... if that's the case ... D1XR2C your best bet is going to Rocket Industries in Huntingwood direct and order it through them. They have counter sales there. On Huntingwood Drive.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 03:30 AM   #6
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Well i'm not sure about sydney stores, but i've been to a few of them in vic, and i've had pathetic service from a few of them, but i highly recommend the epping store in vic. Great people, and they always give me a good price (since i practically live there). Really good people.. and they wont flog you something for the hell of it.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 03:41 AM   #7
SIKSIX
Its gone V

Yeah, my local store, epping has always gave me good service and knowalge, but only one thing i can pick on is that i have ordered several things and they don't call me i just go in like 3-4 days later and all is good.
SIKSIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 04:00 AM   #8
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSIX
Yeah, my local store, epping has always gave me good service and knowalge, but only one thing i can pick on is that i have ordered several things and they don't call me i just go in like 3-4 days later and all is good.
really ? they called me the other day to tell me a can of black spray paint i'd ordered had come in, i'd forgotten i'd even ordered it ;p and come to think of it i still haven't picked it up..
Old 19-08-2006, 06:53 AM   #9
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

do you guys have Car Bitz?

never had a problem gettin parts for my xf and navara. they are similar i think?
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 08:57 AM   #10
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

Autobarn used to be a really good parts store about 6 years ago, but then about 5 years ago they seemed to decide their was more money in selling ricey add-ons and fart can exhausts and things went downhill from there. The last few times I've gone there the staff have been zero help.

Car Bitz is definitely the best place up here for good service and quality parts. Basically like Repco but with more knowledgeble staff and better prices.

You can only have two.
blutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #11
XTC 190
Subtle,sleek & Surprising

My little brother works at autobarn, Qld, he has a fairly good rep, alot of people employed are not taken for knowledge of products but for the ability of just being able to sell stuff.
Definatey agree with the old saying if you find a good one stick to it.

He is pretty much the workshop manager for installs and 2IC of the whole store, went out the other day with him on his day off mind you and all he got was phone calls from staff asking questions.
XTC 190 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 09:17 AM   #12
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
Not one to *****, but went down Autobarn today to get rear dba rotors for my ute. Anyways talking to the salesman for like 10 minutes about dba rotors, long story short i ordered them and got told to come back when they come in, when i got there i asked for them, out comes the salesman with rda rotors/ not even slotted ones : . F@!K*^g idiots. NEVER GOING TO AUTOBARN AGAIN.....
thats just my 2cents worth......
Any money if you were driving a Holden that he would he got your order right.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #13
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Blacktown Autobarn, pretty much the whole store there treats you like u know nothing. I ended up getting all 4 rotors at Rocket Ind. Plus on the way home I treated myself to a few Krispy Creme Donuts. :
Old 19-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #14
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

These kind of Threads should be canned by this sites Administrators.

The first 3 posts blatently state that Aurobarn are useless, and that Autobarn is not a good place to go and buy parts, , quote, "they are a bunch of n0bs" and "wouldnt trust them"

All this on the word of an 18 year old who went there to order some parts.

How do we all know EXACTLY what was said at the store during the ordering of the parts. ?

We dont, , all we seem to do is jump on the bandwagon and bad-name a business...

( No, I dont work for Autobarn )

AC/DC
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 01:32 PM   #15
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Have a look to the left of your screen, just under you avatar.

Green Button and a triangle with a exclamation mark, "report bad post" if you click on that you can report the post and have your say why the thread or post should be canned directly to the moderators of the forum
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #16
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Jeez, whats wrong with these people expressing their opinions. They have had bad dealngs with a company in question and are freely expressing their unhappiness.

Go whinge about something else more worthy.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 02:53 PM   #17
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC
....( No, I dont work for Autobarn )AC/DC
are you surrrrrrrrrrrre ?

I thought this thread was a good place to recommend a good store, to help people out ? That's why i recommended the Epping store. People are just sharing their experiences here, it's only libel if it's not true ;p
Old 19-08-2006, 04:12 PM   #18
gbright
lovin every second of it

autobarn is crap overpriced and understocked any car guy worth his salt know's that burson's is the only place to go when you mean business and dont want to mess around
Old 19-08-2006, 04:19 PM   #19
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

AC/DC, if we weren't allowed to publicly name and shame companies that give bad service there would be no incentive for them to try to be better would there. What better place to do this than on a car forum?
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 04:53 PM   #20
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Almost as funny as the Supercheap saleskid who, when asked by me for a steering wheel boss to suit a MOMO steering wheel, stated that neither he or the stores computer have ever heard of MOMO!
Old 19-08-2006, 04:58 PM   #21
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you do not need knowledge of cars to work in supercheap or autobarn from what im aware.. even in repco... if you can press buttons your in..

i think this is wrong and it should be cars.. or work in a supermarket..
Old 19-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #22
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackers10
you do not need knowledge of cars to work in supercheap or autobarn from what im aware.. even in repco... if you can press buttons your in..

i think this is wrong and it should be cars.. or work in a supermarket..
All the guys that i talk to at epping are all into cars, and i'm pretty sure they all drive fords too, EF, EL & BA that i know of. I'll say it again, you want good help, go there!
Old 19-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #23
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know its a fact at supercheap... i work there... 99% of people dont even know what a oil filter does..
Old 19-08-2006, 05:04 PM   #24
AC/DC
" Let there be Rock "

Green El, , we are "naming" and "shaming" companies using the word of an 18 year old. If companies are to do better, then the customer needs to actually get in contact with the Management or higher and let them know. There might have been a logical reason that the incorrect rotors were ordered, , but who are we to judge and comment on such reasons.

AC/DC
AC/DC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2006, 05:29 PM   #25
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC
Green El, , we are "naming" and "shaming" companies using the word of an 18 year old. If companies are to do better, then the customer needs to actually get in contact with the Management or higher and let them know. There might have been a logical reason that the incorrect rotors were ordered, , but who are we to judge and comment on such reasons.

AC/DC
True that there are always two sides to a story but I don't think that the person's age should come into question, how do we know that the sales clerk wasn't a 17 year old, it is kind of a pointless point for want of a better term. In my own experience Autobarn has there good and bad points but unfortunately for me as with many others the bad tend to outweigh the good. We must always remember that age old adage "the customer is always right".

Russ.
Old 19-08-2006, 05:47 PM   #26
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEL
True that there are always two sides to a story but I don't think that the person's age should come into question, how do we know that the sales clerk wasn't a 17 year old,
Russ.
Not meaning to cause all this above, well other page lol. but the guy who tried to slip me the rda's instead of the dba's is one of the main guys that run the shop.

Last edited by poolkeeper; 19-08-2006 at 06:04 PM.
Old 19-08-2006, 09:04 PM   #27
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
Not meaning to cause all this above, well other page lol. but the guy who tried to slip me the rda's instead of the dba's is one of the main guys that run the shop.
As I said age really doesn't play a part in it.
Old 19-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #28
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Like anything you buy from any shop, you need to check it first to make sure its what you want, before you hand over your money. I dont trust anyone as anyone can make even genuine mistakes.

I've had good experiences at our local Autobarn and go there in preference to Supercheap. I find service is a lot better at Autobarn. Unfortunately they are getting a lot of competition from Supercheap, so they now seem to specialize in fitting stereos in cars that go 'thump' 'thump' 'thump'. They are also quite active in holding custom car shows etc in their carpark.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 07:21 PM   #29
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Its really disheartening to hear that one bad experience from one Autobarn has put the rest of them into the same boat for yourself D1XR2C. My parents own an Autobarn & I think it depends on which shop you go to as to the level of knowledge/experience etc you get, as with any type of shop.

The thing is too, that sometimes people DO make mistakes & it could have been an honest mistake that the wrong part was ordered in. Did you ask them to order in the right part after that or just wrote them off completely?

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #30
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

The problem with my local Autobarn is that they only seem to employ people with unbrushed two tone hair and eyebrow rings!
As far as i can tell that is the only criterior!

I once went there for a head unit for my EL Futura, i picked out the unit i wanted and then went to the counter to pay and he comes back with a metal bracket to put it in with.
WTF i said, EL's have a single din space for the radio and i only need to fit the cradle!
Then he argues with me for 5mins before discovering that i am right and his $20 bracket is for XD-F's and useless to me!

Best one of all is when i went for a job at Motoquip, the store manager asked me to find a few items in catalogue's, mainly filters, plugs etc.
Then she asked me to find the part no for a grey XF dashmat.
I asked if she wanted the Falcon or the Ghia to which her reply was "they are the same part"
No they arent i said, to which she challenged my opinion and was quickly put back in her box when i told her the Ghia has a longer instrument cluster which includes the trip meter etc. and so has a different mould for the mat(same as ZL etc.).
Not bad for a lady that owns 3 stores and thought she knew it all!
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post