Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-08-2006, 02:19 PM   #1
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wink WHY are United Airlines hosties so scary. Rant on the US

Well,
I'm back here for some more work stuff, tonight i'm in San Francisco, tomorrow some time in Georgia and then two more weeks in California. I arrived at the airport today and noticed that there were signs plastered everywhere saying that you can't take liquids in your carry on luggage anymore and thought nothing more of it. BUT i'm in the land of pervasive news and I've just endured 90 minutes of special bulletins that distill to one sentence, "Dont put your shaving cream / perfume /bundy in your carry on luggage".
In the HERTZ lottery this trime I scored a Chev Impala, I hope the Chrysler 300 handles better because if they released this thing in OZ they would make the current Nissan Maxima look like a world beater.
The GT350H Mustang under the mirrorball at the rental institution only made the experience more bitter.
It seems that there has been an example of the government secret services making their expense worthwhile and detecting a terrorist threat before it happens, hence the west coast is in turmoil even though there are no direct flights here from Britain.(OK if someone wants to prove me wrong that's OK, bit that's what the news said)
Luckily I managed to get my 1.25 OP Bundy through Customs.......
San Francisco is a funny place, I can feel reasonably comfortable walking down George St in daylight yet today in Union Square I was feeeling tense.
I'm off to Alpharetta, Georgia (or B*M F*** Georgia as my boss refers to it ) tomorrow for 12 days so I'm really looking forward to seeing something other than California.I've seen Deliverance so I know that Banjos are BAD man... I've been to Alabama, Mississippi, and Tennesee before so Georgia will be all new, I guess if they take my Bundy away I'll have to drink moonshine :-))
Should you be interested in the beached whale with a steering wheel that Mr Hertz has provided me with,here it is, I dont think that Tom Cochran will be using this one in his next (second?) top 40 hit.... But here's a link if anyone's interested http://www.chevrolet.com/impala/
But it's about the front wheel drive V8.....
In the meantime I'll leave you with something to ponder. Imagine Big Brother with no pinky bits. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bro...S_TV_series%29
Oh well, a day lost through the tyranny of time zones and Bundy will see me post from Georgia tomorrow night, see you then.
Regards,
Tote

Old 11-08-2006, 02:30 PM   #2
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Question

And no matter how often you fly with them, there is ALWAYS a hostie named Randy...... ????
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And there is something wrong about 20 yr old boobs on a 50 yr old woman .
At least in Georgia they will all be all natural, not pretty but all natural.....
Regards,
Tote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #4
max
LWBforME

Last time I flew United around the States they were running a passenger poll on landing smoothness out of 10. I swear to god we came into Denver airport
at an angle of 30% and there was some wind sheer. The wing tips just about scraped the runway. The flight crew got 10/10 because we all walked off the plane alive.
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #5
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tote,travel on singapore airlines you wont look back.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 08:22 PM   #6
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

This is why I always fly Virgin Blue and not QANTAS when flying domestic.

Virgin Blue: Newish Airline = HOT young hosties.
QANTAS: Been around for ever, and full of hosties that were hot and yound when they were hired. 30 years ago.

Nobody likes a crusty hostie. ;)

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #7
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky
This is why I always fly Virgin Blue and not QANTAS when flying domestic.

Virgin Blue: Newish Airline = HOT young hosties.
QANTAS: Been around for ever, and full of hosties that were hot and yound when they were hired. 30 years ago.

Nobody likes a crusty hostie. ;)
Dolt.... its all relative to your age...think about it.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #8
exrtnz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I,ve flown emirates for the past 2 years and they are the best if seen , no dodgy landings yet.
exrtnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post