Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #1
Bren260

Default BA 260 12.55 Unopened

Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum.

I finally bit the bullet and took my car to its first AFF drag meet for its first ever run on the drag strip. After having the car at APS Service Centre where they hand built an extractor back exhaust, also replacing the existing air box with a Bluepower air box. APS also upgraded my transmission and fitted a 3000 stall converter along with a 4.11 diff. The car was then tuned at APS Service Centre together with Chris from Bluepower.
I picked the car up last Wednesday and Mick told me to take it for a drive to see what I thought. When I got back, I had to take a moment to take it all in and get my breath back.
The guys then comvinced me to take it to Heathcote for the AFF drag meet and after my very first pass and running low 13's, I soon ran the car well into the 12's with my personal best of 12.55 @ 109mph which Chris says is a new 260 unopened record. Whatever the case, I'm keen to get out there again and work on my driving techniques.
Big thanks to all the guys at APS Service Centre for not only the work on my car, but also lending me the ET radials for the weekend.

PS Thanks Jay for building that fire. Without it there would have been a lot of cold people, and also thanks AFF for the drag meet.

Brendan

Bren260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post