Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-05-2006, 01:23 AM   #1
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Default Paging Teki04

You've been dropping hints in the Focus forum. Why don't you come back here & tell us what's gone wrong. :

Old 04-05-2006, 01:41 AM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Oh - Simon brought this to my attention.

Well, Renault for one. Their service is utter crap. I knew that they were bad (from another forum), but have found this out for myself.

First time it went in for a warranty repair (Wheel alignment), I left the car with them for 3 hours, even though the job was for 1.5hours. Anyway, when I got back, they hadn't done anything! So, they took me to work IN MY CAR. Wasn't pleased. Then, when they handed me the car, it had 14.9L/100kms on the dash. WHAT?! I have NEVER EVER EVER seen the Clio drink more then 12L/100kms (when new). I gave it to them with 9.1L/100kms. Obviously went for a joy ride.

Anyway - today the car went in for a Warranty repair (fix a grab handle - and figure out why it is hard to start some days). At 3:30pm I get a call. Car will have to stay there overnight. Now, No details about what is wrong or when it will be fixed. So, as such... I've paid $34,500 for a car, and 1 month later I'm left without it!

Having a big fight with them tomorrow - Should be getting a demo or loan car tomorrow. I can't exactly work without a car (Real Estate... No car = no leasing = no pay!)

So yes - Not happy with their SERVICE. Dealer is Rick Damelian

When my Fiesta's water pump broke... Ford diagnosed the problem (wasn't that hard) within a few hours. Got a call at 2pm, telling me the part was on order, and would arrive the following day at midday... with the Fiesta ready by 5pm. It was ready earlier - at 3pm! Jubilee Ford... Kind of miss their service!

Anyway - Just hope the car is ready tomorrow. I have a massive Drive this weekend, and I will NOT be pleased if the car isn't ready!

*OH, and I have a friend whose RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup was gone for 5 days for an exhaust, 32 days for a gearbox... and has been gone now for 42 days whilst the gearbox is being fixed AGAIN. I think he cains it a lot... but still.

Cars are usually cheap, fast or reliable. A shame you can only ever pic two! I just happened to get Fast and cheap (for the performance you get!)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 02:15 AM   #3
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Sorry to hear that. That is totally crap service from anyone you gave a stack of money. I know there are good & bad dealers whatever the brand. Hope it's all good by the weekend. I'd love to come on that euro cruise, but Tassie is just a bit far away.
Good luck mate . KJ
Old 04-05-2006, 11:51 PM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Well John - I was given a Renault Clio 1.6L till my car is fixed. She was about to give me a Honda CRV (new one) this afternoon... but the car should be ready tomorrow. So, not really fussed.

It was a faulty TDC sensor. Can't wait to get it back!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 05-05-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

haha teki has this TDC sensor got anythign to do with trip computer?

did you have a winge that they must of taken it for a joy ride... A new TDC sensor probably entails taking the car for a drive but sticking it in 5th gear for 20 minutes to get the L per 100km down again LOL
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
haha teki has this TDC sensor got anythign to do with trip computer?

did you have a winge that they must of taken it for a joy ride... A new TDC sensor probably entails taking the car for a drive but sticking it in 5th gear for 20 minutes to get the L per 100km down again LOL
Nope - it has to do with throttle etc control.... i think. But yea, won't be happy if my car has been driven. Everything was written down before I picked it up....