Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-03-2006, 12:31 AM   #1
ziggee

Default Warning Sound With Weird Light!!! Xr6 UTE

Sorry Guys, NOOB question.

I just bought a 2nd hand au 1 xr6 ute a month ago. and whilst driving home tonight I had a audible sound that just kept going. It was not the DTE sound that happens @ 80/40 kms.. it did not stop and a funny warning light appeared it looked like an oil bottle with ummm "jesus how do I explain this" llike a bird inside the can? ummm sorry sounds weird. but if you can imagine a square with a little pourer thingy and inside that a like X with dashed lines.. WTF DOES THAT MEAN, I noticed that the oil temp was flucuating from say 2 to say 5 aka, above red, on left to just above half on right. when I got home I checked the oil levels and all appears to be ok....

PLEASE IT FREAKED ME OUT anyone know what it means...

I goggled for an answer on dash warning lights but was unable to find anything...

Anybody KNOW what it is?

I have not touched then engine and it aint due for a service for another 5k..

also the spanner light does not go out, I have been told that this is becuase if you take it to a non FORD service center some of them don't know how to reset it? and it has driven great for the month I have had it with out any problems...

can anybody shed some light on this for me...

Thanks so much.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 12:35 AM   #2
T2TL50
Proud Owner of a T 2TL50.

have you check the washer fluid levels?

I think your best bet would be to try that sounds like the logo they use..

:P

And the spanner just push and hold the reset button till it beeps and then let go..

The T2 TL50!! Maybe You Will Own One, One Day!!
T2TL50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 12:41 AM   #3
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

it looked like a bird in a square thingy ay? maybe a pidgeon in the airbox or a falcon??
sounds like the washer fluid 2 me but check out my pidgeon theory just in case

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 12:48 AM   #4
ziggee

hehehe thanks guys... for (1) answering my question and (2) making me look dumb!! (ps... perhaps I did that myself)..

Bloody hell ford like to really let you know your out of water don't they!!!! hate to see what happens if the engine gets into trouble, I mean if you get a NON STOP beep when your out of water ;)

will try it now!!!

ps.... is there anyway to delete this post ;) (i have/had a rep to uphold) Thanks for that spanner tip. unsure why it was on. but spot on for getting rid of it

Last edited by ziggee; 28-03-2006 at 01:00 AM.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 08:33 AM   #5
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggee
Thanks for that spanner tip. unsure why it was on. but spot on for getting rid of it
The Spanner is there as a service reminder, meaning that the car is due a service. If you have just purchased the car, and are unsure of service history, a service would be a great idea. Especially considering the constant alarm and oil temp fluctuations.

PS. In life there are no stupid Questions, only stupis Answers!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post