Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-03-2006, 10:49 PM   #1
birdy
birdy

Default Stolen ashtrays

Tonight some #### has stolen my ashtray from my car this is the third time once in my old Q then about two months ago from my s pack now my old fairlane right out front of my house less than an hour ago they are stealing the changepaper money but for ИИИИs sak they pinch my ashtray also i know mantraps are illegal but #### i would like to burn their fingers because there's no doubt i'm not alone in this complete disregard for property that we work hard for only for assholes to come and pilige or worse steal thrash then the court says bad boy or girl! I don't know about you but they and the system can ИИИИ off!!!!!!!!!

Old 23-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #2
nat_daly
Nat D

lol! ashtray... who the ИИИИ would make the effort to steal an ashtray?
old ride#1: ED XR6 5 speed-gone to new home:(
old ride#2:dumped EL fairmont 5l
new ride: Winter white AU2 XR8-manual
nat_daly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 11:05 PM   #3
birdy
birdy

It's the third one in a year never find the trays either he or she knows i put change in them which won't happen any more or they have an extentise collection of ash trays and some sort of sexual fetish whatch north of adelaide you may end up in an ashtray!!!
Old 23-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #4
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Jeez mate if i knew you were gonna get that cut up about it, id have just taken the cigarette lighter or something :
Old 23-03-2006, 11:10 PM   #5
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

My mate had his pinched out of his Landcruiser... $120 for a new ashtray!
Old 23-03-2006, 11:12 PM   #6
birdy
birdy

Thanks for making me laugh It just ИИИИes me off that they take the tray couldn't they just empty it?
Old 24-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #7
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

most times if your fully insured you just hope that if someone breaks in they take the whole car, and then you never see it again ! . Least ya get some decent bux back then , otherwise crappy little things like fixing locks/ replacing stolen part ect etc and stuff , the $$ end up coming out of ya pocket, ends up worse to claim small things on insurance usually (premium goes up etc), and as you said - all the courts do is say naughty boy/girl . I have had various cars of mine broken into over the years, its costed me a fortune ! - and just for my satisfaction these days - i'de have np's copping an assult charge for cracking a theifs skull with my clublock if i ever caught them, im sick of thieves , they are the lowest form of scum .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #8
EL_Alley_Cat
Me-ow

Ive never had that sorta thing happen although badges and little bonet orniments seem to be a "cool" thing to steal, geezuz christ some people need to get a freakin hobby!!! My parents have had two stolen cars, one they got back, the expensive one disappeared off the face of the earth, Ive (so far) havent had anything done to my cars, we're also in the country, my parents are in the city (well the cars were)
Old 24-03-2006, 12:36 PM   #9
AU:PROJECT:UTE
Drought Breaker

Not quite a stolen ashtray, but I came home last night from the pub to find my tonneau peeled back over the roof of my ute and an esky sitting on top of it all. : AND the esky didnt belong to me, funny thing was opened it up and there was 9 stubbies of New in there.... oh well their bad I guess :evil_laug
Couldnt find any damage whatsoever but I was just peeved cos it wasnt how I left it and this is a quiet little town...but the beer smoothed over any hard feelings :thebirds:
ALL COUNTRY: SW Platt Mccann 5 Poster, GME 4706 7' Whippys, Uniden UH015SX UHF AND Scanner combo, Narva Taurus Bull lights, Hawk Grille, Series II Pursuit Side Skirts, Stickers on the back window and more eartags than a mob of cranky angus

ALL GO: XR6 VCT donk and ECU NO MORE!!
Now even MORE fun with 200kw XR8 and 5 speed, Tickford Cluster, 3.45 LSD, full custom twin system w/- 3" chrome angle cut tips :
AU:PROJECT:UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #10
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Amazing what some people swipe. The only car's I've known to have ashtray's stolen from were SL/R's.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 05:37 PM   #11
big_waity
Windsor Man!

I know stolen propertyis never kool. Although, given this has happened 3 times, is it worth considering A: Don't leave money in your ash tray. B: Don't leave your car unlocked. C: Don't leave money in your unlocked car?
Old 24-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #12
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU:PROJECT:UTE
Not quite a stolen ashtray, but I came home last night from the pub to find my tonneau peeled back over the roof of my ute and an esky sitting on top of it all. : AND the esky didnt belong to me, funny thing was opened it up and there was 9 stubbies of New in there.... oh well their bad I guess :evil_laug
Couldnt find any damage whatsoever but I was just peeved cos it wasnt how I left it and this is a quiet little town...but the beer smoothed over any hard feelings :thebirds:
While in Katherine NT, i had 6 tins of Dog Food flogged out of the back of my ute. They left the Century N70Z Landcruiser Battery, and flogged my dog food... As ya do... :jab:
There is only so much you can do with Dog Food in the Kitchen :
Old 24-03-2006, 06:20 PM   #13
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

We lived in a small country town when I was growing up, once someone stole the legs off a roast chook out of our car when we went into the post office!! LMFAO
Old 24-03-2006, 06:45 PM   #14
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darran
While in Katherine NT, i had 6 tins of Dog Food flogged out of the back of my ute.
Hey ИИИ ... me n de lations nocked dat K9 ova wit a fine 2006 port.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 06:47 PM   #15
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

Thats the one pedro!!! Spot on brus!
Old 24-03-2006, 07:13 PM   #16
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy
It's the third one in a year never find the trays either he or she knows i put change in them which won't happen any more or they have an extentise collection of ash trays and some sort of sexual fetish whatch north of adelaide you may end up in an ashtray!!!
SA has some very strange crims.... :
Safes now ashtrays.... : Crazy sex fetishes?
An people call rednecks crazy for luvin their cousin!

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 08:29 PM   #17
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdy
Tonight some #### has stolen my ashtray from my car this is the third time once in my old Q then about two months ago from my s pack now my old fairlane right out front of my house less than an hour ago they are stealing the changepaper money but for ИИИИs sak they pinch my ashtray also i know mantraps are illegal but #### i would like to burn their fingers because there's no doubt i'm not alone in this complete disregard for property that we work hard for only for assholes to come and pilige or worse steal thrash then the court says bad boy or girl! I don't know about you but they and the system can ИИИИ off!!!!!!!!!
Sorry mate, but it's gotta make you laugh a little, ffs an ashtray...? : little plicks!
SOLUTION... ok.. get a pull push type button, wire it up to the existing car horn or a instal another.. hook it up behind the ashtray, so when the ashtray is removed the switch pulls out activating the horn or alarm?. justa thought.
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 09:07 PM   #18
GUTLES
Adam.

I once had a car broken into & a pair of my Girlfriends Sunny's we're stolen.. They were bright pink & cost $9 from a servo!

2007 BF Mk2 Winter White E-Gas Wagon, 6 Seater.

2002 AU3 XR6, Liquid Silver, Manual, Sunroof, LPG, Rebel Kit, BA GTP's, Momo Steering Wheel & Gear Knob.
GUTLES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 12:15 AM   #19
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

some ******* stole the little rubber grommet from around the aerial on my EA.. :

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 12:18 AM   #20
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidxr6
Sorry mate, but it's gotta make you laugh a little, ffs an ashtray...? : little plicks!
SOLUTION... ok.. get a pull push type button, wire it up to the existing car horn or a instal another.. hook it up behind the ashtray, so when the ashtray is removed the switch pulls out activating the horn or alarm?. justa thought.
same idea, but replace word horn with word tazer, and fit the tazer to the ashtray.......

fry the little bastards
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 12:37 AM   #21
FTRXR8

Mate had his GTS mirrors and wheelcaps knocked at AIR,Leading to a ИИИИ end of a great day.
Tint
USA Focus ST Carbon Fibre shifter
Mountune Symposer Delete
Blue ST Badging
FTRXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 12:31 PM   #22
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonko351
some ******* stole the little rubber grommet from around the aerial on my EA..
They're going for high demand at the moment, mine went missing about a month ago cant be bothered replacing it though, because i know it's going to go missing again.
-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 01:22 AM   #23
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsy
They're going for high demand at the moment, mine went missing about a month ago cant be bothered replacing it though, because i know it's going to go missing again.
i wonder if i can rig up some kind of electroshock thingo to my aerial? mines still gone, bastards.and someone tonite stole the rubber strip out of my old mans el fairmont ghias rear bar.... random s h i t

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post