Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-03-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
Rob
Living the dream

Default Yeehaw! Stage One complete.

G&D airbox, extractors, exhaust! Despite running on el cheapo safeway 91 octane, and hitting the speed limiter, the AU made 125rwkw, up from 108rwkw stock.

Stage two - AU Edit.. mmm

Great induction noise at high revs, and the exhaust note is fantastic. No drone or resonance issues.

Thanks G&D!

Rob.

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 08:18 PM   #2
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

i thought the airbox was good for 10rw too start with, that means you only got 7rw with the extractors and exhaust???
Good power from a 6 tho
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

What extractors? Good overall power figures. I guess the airbox would give between 5-10rwkw depending upon the engine in question.
Old 22-03-2006, 09:51 PM   #4
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neishaxr8
i thought the airbox was good for 10rw too start with, that means you only got 7rw with the extractors and exhaust???
Good power from a 6 tho

ah dont start that again ...the last thing we need is someone saying that
The CAI rwkw is questionable as proven. I mean some have said 15rwkw from an edit and CAI..what do u expect so leave it alone i say!!!! :yeees:
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #5
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev5 ute
ah dont start that again ...the last thing we need is someone saying that
The CAI rwkw is questionable as proven. I mean some have said 15rwkw from an edit and CAI..what do u expect so leave it alone i say!!!! :yeees:
NO I won't start again but if i could give a F!@$ I reckon for $750 and i could set a few things straight about airboxes and big pipes and air filters.

Anyway at least we know your AU with extractors and airbox does as well at the back wheels as Caspers AU VCT with extractors and Airbox on the same dyno.

interesting
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #6
Rob
Living the dream

Glenn will post the dyno graph shortly, but the airbox was good for around 6rwkw. I think that the components installed here complement each other, and collectively gain more than the sum of their parts.

Im sure Glenn will be able to provide more insight into the matter, however, I am very happy with the results.

On the topic of power output, if my AU is producing roughly the same as Casper's with similar mods.... awesome! Nice to be able to keep the VCT motor honest!

Jonbays - yes the airbox is rather expensive, however, IMHO, it completes the setup, and I'm personally happy to pay a bit more for good service and the knowledge that both myself and my property are being well cared for.

Still, clearly not everyone is convinced about the value of the mod, but its horses for courses I suppose.

Whatever floats your boat eh?

Cheers,

Rob.
Old 22-03-2006, 10:12 PM   #7
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
Glenn will post the dyno graph shortly, but the airbox was good for around 6rwkw. I think that the components installed here complement each other, and collectively gain more than the sum of their parts.

Im sure Glenn will be able to provide more insight into the matter, however, I am very happy with the results.

On the topic of power output, if my AU is producing roughly the same as Casper's with similar mods.... awesome! Nice to be able to keep the VCT motor honest!

Jonbays - yes the airbox is rather expensive, however, IMHO, it completes the setup, and I'm personally happy to pay a bit more for good service and the knowledge that both myself and my property are being well cared for.

Still, clearly not everyone is convinced about the value of the mod, but its horses for courses I suppose.

Whatever floats your boat eh?

Cheers,

Rob.
heh your a politician mate...well said _2:
Old 22-03-2006, 10:17 PM   #8
Rob
Living the dream

I dont know how I should take that...

Btw, I always meant to ask, how is your dev5 beastie going? Recall seeing you posting that you were gonna get it, but never saw the results.
Old 22-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #9
MickyB
Get in the ring!!!

I assume being a Futura it is an auto, also what brand of extractors? Cam next?
Old 22-03-2006, 10:23 PM   #10
Rob
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyB
I assume being a Futura it is an auto, also what brand of extractors? Cam next?
Yeah mate, auto Futura.

Uh, they're pacemaker extractors, but I'm not exactly sure what the specs are, I'll let Glenn handle that question.

Yeah, edit and/or cam is next. If anyone wants to donate - in the name of research and world peace - some moolah to me, I'd be eternally grateful... :thebirds:
Old 22-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #11
stiddy
Banned

Awsome stuff...
hows it feel while driving?
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #12
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default sweet ride

man that car is a credit to you just happen to lurking around while it was on the dyno sweet note at full noise even if it keep hitting the speed limiter . also watched the second gear runs, it has got some serious pull there now :jab: and was making good power to the limiter in top as well . hopefully the edit will fix that not to mention the colour same as my xr , best of all your happey with it :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ enjoy it ..cheers Whoosha

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 11:00 PM   #13
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Great stuff, not suprised you happy, nobody leaves that workshop without a smile on there face :king:
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 11:05 PM   #14
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Great to hear Rob, I'm wrapped it produced that sort of rwkw, you have to be happy with that. Time to take it to the track I think.. see what she does on the blacktop dyno

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 12:00 AM   #15
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

is it possible to fit the G&D Intake on your own
Old 23-03-2006, 12:24 AM   #16
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman
is it possible to fit the G&D Intake on your own
yep ,it aint hard you should be able to do it in 1,1/2 hr easy

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 02:01 AM   #17
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Exclamation ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
G&D airbox, extractors, exhaust! Despite running on el cheapo safeway 91 octane, and hitting the speed limiter, the AU made 125rwkw, up from 108rwkw stock.

Stage two - AU Edit.. mmm

Great induction noise at high revs, and the exhaust note is fantastic. No drone or resonance issues.

Thanks G&D!

Rob.
Is this a stock 16 or an Xr engine. If it is a stock I6 it is the most rwkw I have ever heard off from a stock I6 engine?
Old 23-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #18
Rob
Living the dream

Stocky I6 _2:

Lovin it, feels so much stronger throughout the rev range.
Old 23-03-2006, 02:03 PM   #19
DENKO
Bseries hardcore

when are you going to test it at calder?
BF MKII XR8, 13.8 @ 107mph
BA MKII F6 TYPHOON
BA MKII XR6 TURBO

BF MKII F6 TYPHOON R-spec, 13.2 @ 109 mph [LTHLF-6]
PX Ranger WILDTRAK
DENKO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #20
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I’ve managed to get hold of the dyno sheet from Glenn for BLC and figured that BLC wanted it posted up so here it is.

Couple things I noted was that someone said 108.9rwkw is a very high stock number for a stock AU. I disagree. If it were 114 or 115 then I would say it is but not 109. My reasoning is pretty simple. The majority of stock AU I6’s have shown well in excess of 100rwkw. Anywhere from 103rwkw to 110rwkw is not unheard of at all. In fact I’ve never seen a stock AU I6 in good condition under 100rwkw at all. Even my totally stock VCT with a dead MAP sensor running A:F mixes off the charts pulled a 104rwkw on the “Early Bird” Dyno day and 106rwkw at Herrrods. So 108.9rwkw from a stock AU I6 is not at all surprising to me.

Secondly the 11rwkw gain from the exhaust seems about right too. Nothing over the top and within the accepted 10-15rwkw gain from a stock to 2.5” exhaust with headers

Finally a 5.9rwkw gain from the airbox falls into the expected gain I was thinking I’d get on mine. Personally I think this is far more accurate and is directly accountable to the “pod in a box” and larger intake pipe on mine actually being a hindrance to performance. This increase that BLC got would, by far, be the range I’d be expecting on others. Still, 6rwkw is not a bad increase.

Finally, the comment about it being very similar to mine. : This is actually very true, it is similar. My car has very similar mods (exhaust, airbox, stock ecu) at the time and it would surprise me if it was considerably more than BLC’s. It does show that the product that BLC has been sold certainly match up to the product currently on my car very well. The only difference really is that I do have a histall and it is my understanding that they do eat up a decent chunk of rwkw over a standard converter. Still, I’d be very surprised if I’m much more than 10rwkw more than BLC at the moment if I still had the stock converter. But that will change……….

Well done BLC.

Old 23-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #21
Rob
Living the dream

Thx mate, driving it has become so much more entertaining :eclipsee_

God I love that exhaust note..... : So glad to be able to show up at the AU BBQ with a decent sounding car.
Old 23-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #22
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Considering I only made 120rwkw with the same setup (non G&D though) then 125rwkw is very good.

Sounds like you're lovin' the change to the car. Thank god for G&D!

What's next? The edit?
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #23
Rob
Living the dream

Yeah, edit, and I'd love to get a nice cam in there too, but it depends on the money really.

Noticed in your sig, 137 rwkw.. thats impressive! Whats the setup?
Old 23-03-2006, 07:52 PM   #24
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Default stallie

hey casper... what stallie do u have and how does it give u less rwkw over the standard or smaller one...and did i read that right,are u changing it again??
Old 23-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #25
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
hey casper... what stallie do u have and how does it give u less rwkw over the standard or smaller one...and did i read that right,are u changing it again??
I have the JMM 3000 stall, it is commonly known that a higher stall is going to rob a few morw rwkw and I'm not sure where you read that I'm changing it, I havent said anything about my transmission lately that I know of except that I have a histall fitted.

Old 23-03-2006, 08:03 PM   #26
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I have the JMM 3000 stall, it is commonly known that a higher stall is going to rob a few morw rwkw and I'm not sure where you read that I'm changing it, I havent said anything about my transmission lately that I know of except that I have a histall fitted.
nah its all good...i just read the last sentence in ur post wrong,dont mind me :togo: i thought u were still talking about ur stallie.

so for the benifit of the other au guys in here do u think a big stall like that works well in the au with the mods u got,seeing as a few have similar setups to yours??
Old 23-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #27
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
Yeah, edit, and I'd love to get a nice cam in there too, but it depends on the money really.

Noticed in your sig, 137 rwkw.. thats impressive! Whats the setup?
Currently have JMM Streetfighter Cam, JMM Intake, Headers/Exhaust and Unichip. But as of tomorrow, she'll be G&D eqipped.

I understand the money side of things too. It's not cheap to want a quick car but it must be done!

Just take it in steps luv. I've broken mine into 3 steps because to have everything I want done to my car, at once, will kill me financially, but breaking it into stages over the year eases it a little. No matter how long it takes, it's always worth it.

Krissy
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 08:17 PM   #28
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
nah its all good...i just read the last sentence in ur post wrong,dont mind me :togo: i thought u were still talking about ur stallie.

so for the benifit of the other au guys in here do u think a big stall like that works well in the au with the mods u got,seeing as a few have similar setups to yours??
If you want to go fast a histall in an AU auto is a must. Its gotten to a point I actually think that 3000rpm is too small now :

Old 23-03-2006, 08:19 PM   #29
5speedeb
now with 3.73 lsd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
If you want to go fast a histall in an AU auto is a must. Its gotten to a point I actually think that 3000rpm is too small now :
how far are u willing to go
Old 23-03-2006, 09:01 PM   #30
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddys
how far are u willing to go
I'll work that out if the time ever comes. Kind of used to 3000rpm now..