Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-02-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
MR_SIDO
you'd be popular too.....

Exclamation Entrapment!

Ok people I am going to throw this out to everybody and see what you think, yesterday I was driving through town when I saw a VZ SS commodore at the lights next to a VT S.
The VZ SS was a Typical one Dark color, Huge Alloys dropped on its guts, very dark tinted Windows with a big EARTHQUAKE sticker accross the back window.
The lights went green the VT SS took off with a bit of gusto (as fast as one can go anyway) tiny chirp of the rear tyres, you know young bloke just testing to see if the other is game.
Any way a few metres up the road the red and blue flashing lights come up on the PIMPIN VZ, and out steps a cop. Now do you really think that dressing a vehicle up like that really is set up to bait people in doing the wrong thing, it just makes me angry that the police have nothing better to do than bait people at traffic lights. what do you guys think.
Old 24-02-2005, 12:43 PM   #2
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Yeah, I reckon

To catch a moron you have to act like one (read BE one) lol.

Saturday night I saw an unmarked cop car pull up some ricey doofa boy... the cops were in a BA ford on lpg... looks so bland and nondescript you wouldn't think it was a cop. And that's how they get ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #3
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Dont do the wrong thing, and you have nothing to worry about.

We complain about hoons, now complain about them being caught ! , all is fair if you ask me.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 12:55 PM   #4
chelvdog
Soul baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellboy999
Dont do the wrong thing, and you have nothing to worry about.

We complain about hoons, now complain about them being caught ! , all is fair if you ask me.
Agreed! If you want to prove your car has what it takes, prove it on the 1/4 mile. In Adelaide theres a couple of cop cars like this, one is a white WRX, I suppose its just so they can get closer to the street racers.
Old 24-02-2005, 01:21 PM   #5
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Would be interesting to snap pictures of the Pimped VZ, id say it wouldn’t be roadworthy, height etc. Would be interesting to slap a defect notice on it lol. Should get out with a video camera and try to roll a 100mm wheel under it.

Driving around in this type of vehicle is designed to do one thing only, entice people to drag. The people who get caught probably are “street racers” any way (being that the will partake in traffic light grand prix anyway) but by “setting them up” the police are actually endangering the public by enticing people to race.

Was the police SS revving at the lights/stalling it up?? Could be done for “excessive noise infringement”

Also the large earthquake sticker also probably impairs vision from the rear window, deserving of a defect.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 01:24 PM   #6
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Running around our area is a gun metal grey comi SS with 2 aerials on the back window one in each top corner, and with 2 shade covers in the rear window in the lower left and right hand sides (covering the rear lights on the parcel shelf), the one on the right is the superman logo and the other is one of winnie the pooh, with very dark window tinting, He tried to bait me last week on Whitehorse rd in Box Hill.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 01:31 PM   #7
MR_SIDO
you'd be popular too.....

I could not tell if he was revving or not but would not be surprised if the cop was, some of these TOG blokes and I stress SOME are just ROAD COWBOYS, breaking the law because they can. I had an unmarked in front of me at a STOP sign the other day (at least i could tell he was a cop) just rolled through, cars were coming so he booted it (XR8) no lights, yeah ok I suppose that he could have got a call to attend something but it just happens way too much, one day someone will die.
Old 24-02-2005, 01:44 PM   #8
big_pete
Sublime

id be mega ****ed if thats how i got done.
but i would cop it on the chin and move on because i know i did the wrong thing.

i guess you would think twice before doing it again tho......
Old 24-02-2005, 01:47 PM   #9
LTDHO
The one and only

I think it's funny..

If you think you have to proove something everytime a modified car pulls up next to ya then a fine will be coming your way.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 01:55 PM   #10
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I think it's funny..

If you think you have to proove something everytime a modified car pulls up next to ya then a fine will be coming your way.
...all is well if you can out-run him!

I've heard of a few instances of this (modified cops cars). Are the car's owned by the government or is there some sort of deal with the driver/owner? I can hardly believe the government has half the cops getting round in SS's/XR8's/Turbo's, yet again modifying them! (although i believe half the reason they own so many is down to high-resale). Interesting, given they seem to be able to defect any non-standard car for something. Surely a slammed SS would be too low...

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 02:03 PM   #11
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Probably an impounded car from the anti-hoon laws ......... now that would be funny the hunted becoming the hunter

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 02:11 PM   #12
kiwikid
have you seen my marbles?

my friend got done by a cop like that funny thiing was we were in the back telling him it was a cop, they didnt stop till we were side by side at bout 100-110k's in a 70 zone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SIDO
I could not tell if he was revving or not but would not be surprised if the cop was, some of these TOG blokes and I stress SOME are just ROAD COWBOYS, breaking the law because they can. I had an unmarked in front of me at a STOP sign the other day (at least i could tell he was a cop) just rolled through, cars were coming so he booted it (XR8) no lights, yeah ok I suppose that he could have got a call to attend something but it just happens way too much, one day someone will die.

even if he was getting a call out to attend something it is still illegal even if his lights are going it is illegal. they seem to think that im a cop i have flashing lights i can run a red light or a stop sign without slowing down looking or rapidly hitting the horn, if ever a cop runs a red and iv got the green i wont stop for them thats for sure!
Old 24-02-2005, 02:15 PM   #13
LuvinmyEB
Beware of mood swings!

It's been happening for years, and will continue to happen when there are people that are out there that will keep lining up with them at lights.

Anyone that knows the distance from Deer Park to Melton (approx 15-20 mins), I've seen Police line up next to people at Ballarat Road intersection, run them all the way to Melton then book them there.

If your going to break the law be prepared to face the consequences.

If there were more police cars like that around here, we would be rid of so many idiots that are a real danger to others. Come and stand on the corner of Ballarat and Stations Rds for 15 minutes and you'll lose count of the number of morons there are. Trust me I've tried it.

:
Old 24-02-2005, 04:38 PM   #14
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Certainly it is baiting, not sure if I would call it entrapment though especially if the cop just sits there rather than revving it, gesturing etc. As has been said, until the idiots get out of the habit, why not do it? I would hope they make sure that their VZ is squeaky-clean for ride height etc though!

I disagree with them racing excessively, once the offence has been established they should back off - the other car will keep going anyway at this point if they are racing - then flip the lights on. Racing someone from Deer Park to Melton is just stupid, that's how they get titles like Hoons with Badges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
Running around our area is a gun metal grey comi SS with 2 aerials on the back window one in each top corner, and with 2 shade covers in the rear window in the lower left and right hand sides (covering the rear lights on the parcel shelf), the one on the right is the superman logo and the other is one of winnie the pooh, with very dark window tinting, He tried to bait me last week on Whitehorse rd in Box Hill.
I don't think they should stick shades over the lights like that – not because it stops you spotting the lights but because when they do turn the lights on they are hardly visible. I went past a car like that which had pulled someone over and it was nearly causing accidents because it was sitting nearly in the next lane with no flashing lights (that you could see) or hazards.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 04:39 PM   #15
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Entrapment isn't a defence under australian law so it's all academic anyway !
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 05:12 PM   #16
trueblue
01 Falcon Ute

lol.. funny but

WTD mags to suit AU Falcon ute, AU XR rims or BA 18" xr rims. PM ME
trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 05:16 PM   #17
Kryton

this has been happening for more years than i can remember. nothing wrong with it either in my books. you wanna be a fool then you will get caught.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #18
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SIDO
Ok people I am going to throw this out to everybody and see what you think, yesterday I was driving through town when I saw a VZ SS commodore at the lights next to a VT S.
The VZ SS was a Typical one Dark color, Huge Alloys dropped on its guts, very dark tinted Windows with a big EARTHQUAKE sticker accross the back window.
The lights went green the VT SS took off with a bit of gusto (as fast as one can go anyway) tiny chirp of the rear tyres, you know young bloke just testing to see if the other is game.
Any way a few metres up the road the red and blue flashing lights come up on the PIMPIN VZ, and out steps a cop. Now do you really think that dressing a vehicle up like that really is set up to bait people in doing the wrong thing, it just makes me angry that the police have nothing better to do than bait people at traffic lights. what do you guys think.
Serves him right as far as I'm concerned.. too many people have perished because of stupid light drags, there's a time and a place and that place isn't on suburban streets. I've had a couple attempt to bait me at the lights, and none have succeeded.

Entrapment is a yankee term. If it stops people being dickheads beside me at the lights when I have no intention of doing the green light drag, so be it.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 07:25 PM   #19
b2tf
not here much anymore

As has been said, it has happened for a long time, and will continue to as well. There is an unmarked Turbo around here, it has the slimline plates and when the mechanics retrieve the info from it when it gets serviced, you should see the figures - they throw it round like there's no tomorrow (although if you were given the keys to one with free fuel,tyres and a set of flashing lights i spose you would too).

Im not bragging by saying this, but I always find it pretty easy to spot an umarked car. And usually the biggest giveaway is the driver wearing their uniform!

If in doubt, just drive away and find someone else to pick on.
Old 24-02-2005, 07:35 PM   #20
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Another popular trick is parking unmarked WRXs outside the Docklands Subaru dealership. Lorimer street is dead on weekends and everyone just assumes it's a dealership/customer car.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 09:41 PM   #21
dogbreath_48
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Im not bragging by saying this, but I always find it pretty easy to spot an umarked car.
Ditto. There's just something about them! I'm sure there have been times where i havn't picked em, but i've never been surprised by one... Look for an inch of brake dust buildup on the front wheels.

-Stu
dogbreath_48 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 10:50 PM   #22
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you must play the game be prepared to take the shame....and if can't pick em don't play the game!!!!!!!!

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 10:59 PM   #23
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Im not bragging by saying this, but I always find it pretty easy to spot an umarked car.
yes this is VERY true. i dont know what they do to them but they stand out like dogs balls. (even with undercover cops in them)
i reckon you could get an unmarked car, park it next to a privately owned car of the same make, colour, trim, aerials and the works, and you can just pick the cop car as plain as day. dunno what it is but they just dont blend in.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 11:03 PM   #24
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
yes this is VERY true. i dont know what they do to them but they stand out like dogs balls. (even with undercover cops in them)
i reckon you could get an unmarked car, park it next to a privately owned car of the same make, colour, trim, aerials and the works, and you can just pick the cop car as plain as day. dunno what it is but they just dont blend in.
Yes, I know what you are saying davway. They just give off a bad aura.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2005, 11:10 PM   #25
XKALBR
Order of the Temple

Not that i still do it but one day riding my bike to yea a WRX tryed to play in the corners so i dialed it on, not flat out but quik, he tryed to stay with me but no way,
Got to Yea had a drink and 10min later the WRX pulls up and a cop gets out, well i shit my self, He said they were trying the WRX out for high speed chases, and he let me off, and i was about to kiss his boots
XKALBR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post