Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

View Poll Results: would you swap your AU 1,2,3 series XR for a BA xr ?
yes 39 50.65%
no 33 42.86%
Undecided 5 6.49%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2006, 12:43 AM   #1
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Exclamation Would you swap your AU 1,2,3 series XR for a BA xr ????

Just wondeing how much people like their AU's compared to the BA , or if you'de like to upgrade to a BA ?? Or main question - would you swap you Au series xr for a BA xr ?????

Just my personal opinion and eveyone welcome to their own no worries , thats what this thread is about ! .. But i find the interior of the BA ugly / well not ugly - but not as nice as the au xr's , its too squared off everywhere and the tacho setup with the grey and black lines / plastic setup looks cheap , looks like a rav4 dash/console and steering wheel , nice size wheel - but to squared off around the airbag too , apart from that the outside of them look really nice , allthough i could swear i have seen 10x more BA xr's latelly than i have au xr's ! , it's like every man and his dog has a BA , the main thing that keeps me to the AU xr's apart from handling is the complete car inside and out is a full streamline design - perfect , not to rounded , not to square , i think this is why the Au getting on now in age still seems to maintain a latest model look to it. I still feel more comfortable and relaxed sitting in my AUII xr6 vct than a BA, and i like the look of my interior better too..

so what do you think ???? opinions ?

:eclipsee_
Old 10-03-2006, 12:52 AM   #2
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking If i had one...

If i had an AU XR i'd swap it for a BA XR anytime!

Cheers

Simon :
Old 10-03-2006, 12:59 AM   #3
max^power
Formerly au^ute

i love my au but i'd give it up for a BA, although i would only go the Turbo. if it was a N/A xr i would probably save the money. Turbo or F6 will be my upgrade, when.. who knows!
Old 10-03-2006, 01:07 AM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

i mean your standard or worked xr's or a STANDARD/factory BA xr ! - no turbo or nothing ..

Old 10-03-2006, 01:22 AM   #5
philut
XR8 driver

Default Swap AU XR8 for BA!!

Not me. I had my brothers BA XR8 for two weeks. It had plenty of power but I wasn't fussed on the handling and how it felt like such a big car. The IRS on the AU seems to be a much better package..... well thats my opinion! I prefer handling over power. As said above by XR6-VCT-2000 it's like every man and his dog has a BA.

Last edited by philut; 10-03-2006 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Additional comments
Old 10-03-2006, 01:25 AM   #6
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

kewl , good or bad AU or BA comments im keen to hear them all , everyone has reasons for their opinons , People choosing yes / no / or undecided let us know why your choice if you please ?

Old 10-03-2006, 01:38 AM   #7
Sleeperau
Highway Taxi

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
kewl , good or bad AU or BA comments im keen to hear them all , everyone has reasons for their opinons , People choosing yes / no / or undecided let us know why your choice if you please ?
No, I like the Ba's but in XR6 form they don't impress me (slow & heavy) but BAXR6T is a different story & so is the XR8. I am an AU fan though & only drive a dirty old forte! Each to their own.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:49 AM   #8
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
would you swap you Au series xr for a BA xr ?????
so what do you think ???? opinions ?
The answer is yes, thats what i done and even though the BA took a little while to get used of with different handling setup etc , fly by wire had me stumped for a while as well, but once you overcome these the BA is a far better car in many ways, i did love the AU as well and they are a great car but BAXR8 wins it for me.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:21 AM   #9
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Id have a BAXR8, even better with an AU styled interior, the N/A XR6 is an overpriced taxi and I wouldn't call that an upgrade unless you picked one up for real cheap

Old 10-03-2006, 02:25 AM   #10
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Swap my (at best) $16000 AU1 XR8 for a $25000 BA XR8 with around 75kw more power? Straight swap? You bet!

Now, all I need to do is find someone with a BA XR8 stupid enough to want to swap it for an AU1 XR8.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 10-03-2006, 02:46 AM   #11
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

The AU XR's they have character, they really do. I'm not going to start criticizing BA's but they don't inspire me, put it that way.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:36 AM   #12
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

I like the look, the drive, well everything about the AU. I driven quite a few drifferent BA & i just don't like the way they drive. If some thing was to happen to my AU i would replace it with another one.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:11 AM   #13
BJMXR

My Father has a BA XR8 Ute... the handling is like a boat in comparison to my AUII, however with the prospect of a BA, i'd certainly have to consider it... they're a nice car... love my AU though.

Lets be honest, no one's going to offer something like that... but still... i like the thread.
Lowered on King SL & SSL
KONI "Yellows" Fully Adjustable Shocks
2.5in Stainless Herrods Cat back
Black Leather Interior
Old 10-03-2006, 08:00 AM   #14
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From my XR6 to a BA XR8. Absolutley. I'd do the GT body kit and get a set of the 19" GTP rims.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:19 AM   #15
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I don't car - Although, the AU is an aquired look and feel (previos post somehwere), and I have become accustomed to this, the BA styling is a big step up from the AU. More muscley looking rather then the typical family car look - mainly refering to the base model - Forte/XT. Holdne even did the step after the VX to the VY. Just makes the car look more tough, then that rounded look alot of cars now have...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 10-03-2006, 08:29 AM   #16
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

I would only change up from mine to a F6 none of the other BA models inspire me at all. I just find sitting in a BA and empty experience (personal thing???) where as the au just feels right.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:33 AM   #17
Stampy

Im looking at it .at the moment. My AU XR8 Rebel trade in for a BFXR6T , there is nothing wrong with my AU ,I love it ,Im sure I will grow to love the BF if I get it . I would not swap for a BA

Alan

Old 10-03-2006, 08:49 AM   #18
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

AU XR8 to BA XR8.... Maybe.. unklikely.
AU XR6 to BA XR6 (NA).. not a chance in Hell.

Since I have an A XR6 then I will say no, I would never change from my AU to a BA XR6.
Why? I'm faster, the AU looks more aggressive, the hadling is better, the quality appears to be better, the AU has "wings" and the people that own AU's are the most passionate bunch of nutters I've ever had the fortune of associating with. The majority of BA XR6 owners are company car reps and the likes as its resale is one of the highest % in the falcon range. Hardly a passionate bunch, most wouldnt know what an AU was.

No, the AU XR6 is still the superior car in my opinion

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:53 AM   #19
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Plenty of good legitimate comments on both sides here ;) - they really are both good cars , no 2 ways about it. Also nice to see everyone leaving their comments/opinions and not bagging/downing other peoples comments ;). Exactelly what i asked - for people to leave their opinions about the 2 model cars , not to leave opinions about other peoples opinions (unless you have something nice to say ! ) ... WD guys ! .

As someone above mentioned , the 2 cars are soooooooooooo different in the way of the AU looking more like a family car and the BA going the more squarer muscle car look. Its understandable that people have a huge love for one or the other or even both cars ;) . I think if the BA had the AU interior then there would probably be a chance it would sell me over to it - maybe ..lol

Old 10-03-2006, 10:53 AM   #20
OZFORDAU
Banned

Post BA in the AU interior!

Id prefer the BA in the AU interior! The BA has a more classer look inside and out comapared to the look of the AU! The AU can feel a little bulky inside and chunky on the out! Don't get me wrong i still love my AU, but i suppose that we should expect these things to happen in a newer model car thats roughly about 5-6 years newer then the AU1!

Like some of you guys said, each to there own opinon!

Cheers

Simon :king:
Old 10-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #21
AU:PROJECT:UTE
Drought Breaker

I own an XL ute, thats vinyl floor, grey trim, dash doors etc, its the sh*t kicker of the ute range. But with my individual front end, skirts, and exhaust note like no other Holden or Ford six around, in the manual I love to bits and the character that no other BA/BF has got in this town. I wouldnt have anything else!
If i was given a BA i'd be selling it and getting straight back into an AU.
From memory it was Casper who said AU's still come before BA's, or something along those lines; and I couldnt agree more. After how could Ford ever make a series better an AU?
But as you say its every man for his own, and for me I wouldnt be in anything else.
ALL COUNTRY: SW Platt Mccann 5 Poster, GME 4706 7' Whippys, Uniden UH015SX UHF AND Scanner combo, Narva Taurus Bull lights, Hawk Grille, Series II Pursuit Side Skirts, Stickers on the back window and more eartags than a mob of cranky angus

ALL GO: XR6 VCT donk and ECU NO MORE!!
Now even MORE fun with 200kw XR8 and 5 speed, Tickford Cluster, 3.45 LSD, full custom twin system w/- 3" chrome angle cut tips :
Old 10-03-2006, 11:44 AM   #22
jspec_sti

No. They don't have Tickford Wings (or a hand built Tickford Engine)...

Last edited by jspec_sti; 10-03-2006 at 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #23
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Talking

Hmm,

Considering ive had a brand new AUIII XR6 VCT and the BA XR6 NA I would never go back to an AU. I liked my AU when i had it and when it was brand new, but it has nothing on a BA, some may say it will outhandle a BA which is absolute bullИИИИ, my BA pulls around corners just as quick as my AU did and is a hell alot more comfortible to drive to. Plus it has a ИИИИload more power then the VCT did, it might be heavier but it smoother power with smoother gearchanges, the AU was a pile of crap for gearchanges with that adaptshift box, I really thought it wasn't going to last, not to mention the amount of ИИИИ people put on the car for its looks compared to my BA with the 18s, everyone thinks its gorgeous while everyone use to say whats that ugly mofo of a car, not that it ever worried me as I did like the styling and still do, especially of the Series IIIs with the Rebel body kit, they look sexy...

Interior wise the BA wins hands down for comfort, the seats are way more supportive plus theres alot less rattles in it compared to the AU. Other things like the instrument cluster really don't mean much to me, but at night the BA lights up blue inside and it looks so sexy....

Plenty of you put ИИИИ on the BA's but you only have to look at statistical figures to know its a better car.. Bit of bigus dickus syndrome going on there! I can't say im biased towards the BA over the AU, as I've had both and apprecaite what both have to offer, but to say the BA is not a better car would be not only an insult to those who drive them, but to Ford themselves. :monkes:

If I ever ran out of money and had to buy something cheaper tho, I'd buy an AU III VCT with the Rebel kit in Blueprint, I certainly won't take anything away from the car other then the things I experienced, as they are still sexy. Next for me however will probarly be a Typhoon. :voldar02:
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.

Last edited by Smoke Pursuit; 10-03-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #24
jspec_sti

I think this thread is about to take a nasty turn... Some people are so touchy.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:32 PM   #25
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Very good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockWaveXR6na
Hmm,

Considering ive had a brand new AUIII XR6 VCT and the BA XR6 NA I would never go back to an AU. I liked my AU when i had it and when it was brand new, but it has nothing on a BA, some may say it will outhandle a BA which is absolute bullИИИИ, my BA pulls around corners just as quick as my AU did and is a hell alot more comfortible to drive to. Plus it has a ИИИИload more power then the VCT did, it might be heavier but it smoother power with smoother gearchanges, the AU was a pile of crap for gearchanges with that adaptshift box, I really thought it wasn't going to last, not to mention the amount of ИИИИ people put on the car for its looks compared to my BA with the 18s, everyone thinks its gorgeous while everyone use to say whats that ugly mofo of a car, not that it ever worried me as I did like the styling and still do, especially of the Series IIIs with the Rebel body kit, they look sexy...

Interior wise the BA wins hands down for comfort, the seats are way more supportive plus theres alot less rattles in it compared to the AU. Other things like the instrument cluster really don't mean much to me, but at night the BA lights up blue inside and it looks so sexy....

Plenty of you put ИИИИ on the BA's but you only have to look at statistical figures to know its a better car.. Bit of bigus dickus syndrome going on there! I can't say im biased towards the BA over the AU, as I've had both and apprecaite what both have to offer, but to say the BA is not a better car would be not only an insult to those who drive them, but to Ford themselves. :monkes:

If I ever ran out of money and had to buy something cheaper tho, I'd buy an AU III VCT with the Rebel kit in Blueprint, I certainly won't take anything away from the car other then the things I experienced, as they are still sexy. Next for me however will probarly be a Typhoon. :voldar02:
Here here!

Cheers

Simon :sm_headba
Old 10-03-2006, 12:46 PM   #26
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Bucky's XR or BA XR!

LOL, Buckys car is a very sexuall car lol! Some fine lines there! It's a hard one alright! I mean if i had a BA/BF XR and do it up similar to Buckys then id definitely go a done up BA/BF!

Cheers

Simon :sm_headba
Old 10-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #27
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Depends.

I've never driven either car.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #28
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Swap my AU Fairmont wagon for a BA Futura wagon. U gt 2 b kidding!

AUIII last of the fairmont wagons and V8 Wagons.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #29
aualright

As much as I love my AU's Windsor, the BA's 4.6L is a gem. Everything else is subjective.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:46 PM   #30
stiddy
Banned

No, i'll keep my AU thanks
Closed Thread