Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Car runs over 12 teenagers, kills 5! somewhere near Mildura.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=87585

Why do people need to stand all over the road in the dark! Sounds like a country road perhaps? No good at all.

Aparrently some guy came round a corner, people everywhere, he swerved, overcorrected and hit many of them.

Then he ran away, obviously scared of what he did. Sad for everyone......

EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 12:03 PM   #2
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

bloody hell...thats horrible..
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 12:19 PM   #3
Yummy Mummy

That's shocking. That poor man has to live with that on his conscience for the rest of his life.
Yummy Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 12:21 PM   #4
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Mummy
That's shocking. That poor man has to live with that on his conscience for the rest of his life.

My thoughts for that poor man would be as much as cleaning up the No2 the dog dropped on the carpet this morning.

Those families effected will be ruined for life.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 12:23 PM   #5
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

wow, thats really sad, poor guy driving I wonder what he would be thinking now, if it truely was an "accident".
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #6
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Orrible -

* 'Always drive at a speed that will allow for a safe stop within the distance you can see ahead".

* "Do not 'outdrive' your headlights".

TWO items from the driver manual.

The law would refer to 'contributory negligence' in this, on each party.

* SPEED will be a factor - 'bodies over a 150m range'.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 12:36 PM   #7
Yummy Mummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
My thoughts for that poor man would be as much as cleaning up the No2 the dog dropped on the carpet this morning.

Those families effected will be ruined for life.

It would effect the whole town. I was born in Red Cliffs and it's a relatively small town, everyone knows everyone. My heart goes out to everyone involved, but if it was an accident (ie. no speeding or alcohol involved) the guilt that man must be feeling must be too much to bare.
Yummy Mummy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #8
sfr rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepleft
Orrible -

* 'Always drive at a speed that will allow for a safe stop within the distance you can see ahead".

good point...
Old 19-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #9
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
'bodies over a 150m range'.
Not to take anything away from the tragedy and all that, but both police and media are great at overestimating distances etc.
When I had my accident, the police report stated i'd travelled about 50m from the corner, we measured it and its like 15m.....
Old 19-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #10
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Orrible -

There's a difference between people and bodies, Cut from the news extract in that link.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #11
XRQTOR
Banned

Oops i forgot to paste the cut out,

"People standing out the front of the house were spread down the road for about 150 metres.
Old 19-02-2006, 12:58 PM   #12
sfr rob

ohh.... the plot thickens.....
Old 19-02-2006, 01:00 PM   #13
XRQTOR
Banned

Simple point is if they weren't in the middle of the road, esp after a bend/corner they wouldn't have been run over.
Old 19-02-2006, 01:22 PM   #14
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Oops i forgot to paste the cut out,

"People standing out the front of the house were spread down the road for about 150 metres.
From that MSN link:
"A witness told the Sunday Herald Sun the victims were spread over 150 metres along Mayall Road, as people rushed to their aid".

NOW that said, yes people do often over estimate distance and they underestimate as well. A defence team will try and introduce 'doubt'.

The true measure of each will be that learnt by the CIU (done).

Gamma - 50 or 15 metres squire, are you discussing an actual skid or? Are you relating that measure to speed per metre?
ORDER FORD AUSTRALIA PART NO: AM6U7J19G329AA. This is a European-UN/AS3790B Spec safety-warning triangle used to give advanced warning to approaching traffic of a vehicle breakdown, or crash scene (to prevent secondary). Stow in the boot area. See your Ford dealer for this $35.95 safety item & when you buy a new Ford, please insist on it! See Page 83, part 4.4.1 http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/media...eSafePart4.pdf
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #15
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
From that MSN link:
"A witness told the Sunday Herald Sun the victims were spread over 150 metres along Mayall Road, as people rushed to their aid".

NOW that said, yes people do often over estimate distance and they underestimate as well. A defence team will try and introduce 'doubt'.

The true measure of each will be that learnt by the CIU (done).

Gamma - 50 or 15 metres squire, are you discussing an actual skid or? Are you relating that measure to speed per metre?
Or the bloke who wrote the article thought that sounded good and wrote that.
Old 19-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #16
buickman
buickman

The dog run of after hitting the kids instead of trying to help.
If he had headlights on how the hell could he not see that many kids on the road & just slow down a bit.
GEE's there's some lossers out there.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #17
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
If he had headlights on how the hell could he not see that many kids on the road & just slow down a bit.
Without knowing exactly what happened no one can really commnet. It did say he swerved, 1 might have walked out in front of him and he swerved lost it and hit the rest.
Old 19-02-2006, 01:59 PM   #18
aimzes
...fairly odd

Quote:
Simple point is if they weren't in the middle of the road, esp after a bend/corner they wouldn't have been run over.
exactly, who the f stands on a road? and at night?
Old 19-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #19
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes
exactly, who the f stands on a road? and at night?
Drunk teenage's, i haven't been to a single 18th where 9o% of the people were blind drunk to the point they could barley walk.
Old 19-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #20
aimzes
...fairly odd

shouldve actually read the article. fair enough they were drunk.
Old 19-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #21
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

*sigh*

I wonder what the speed limit was on the road? 60? 80? 100? Either way ... kids shouldnt be walking on roads in pitch black while blind drunk. Dont get me wrong ... I do beleive it is still the drivers fault, but there is some responsibilty on the teenagers and the organisers of the party to ensure everyone stays safe.

My street in Adelaide, ill come home at 2-5am some mornings and there will be a group of 15-20 teens just sitting in the middle of the road, they sure as hell take their time getting off of the road (see:smartasses) ... and then the abuse starts "ИИИИИing c*nt", "You wanna go c*nt" etc etc.
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #22
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
Ah yes lets see, a large group of ИИИИed young ADULTS some of who you have just killed. The others would be in a sensible stable state of mind wouldn't they?
Do you think they might have threatened him? Do you think he might have been is shock? Maybe he ran for his life? Or maybe he is just a homicidal psychopath?

None of us were there and only know what we have read and that was written by journalists (who NEVER get it wrong or spice it up) based on statements by the driver, a group of ИИИИed teenagers (and as we all know teenagers NEVER fib) and a lot of guesswork.

Has anyone here ever hit a cow, skippy, wombat etc.?

Wait until the coroner's inquest before assigning guilt......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #23
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
I'm referring to the case in my accident where the distance between the intersection and the parked car was quoted as 50m in the police report, and was clearly much less when measured.
Old 19-02-2006, 03:00 PM   #24
max^power
Formerly au^ute

yeah it's wrong to judge the driver just yet.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #25
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Ah yes lets see, a large group of ИИИИed young ADULTS some of who you have just killed. The others would be in a sensible stable state of mind wouldn't they?
Do you think they might have threatened him? Do you think he might have been is shock? Maybe he ran for his life? Or maybe he is just a homicidal psychopath?

None of us were there and only know what we have read and that was written by journalists (who NEVER get it wrong or spice it up) based on statements by the driver, a group of ИИИИed teenagers (and as we all know teenagers NEVER fib) and a lot of guesswork.

Has anyone here ever hit a cow, skippy, wombat etc.?

Wait until the coroner's inquest before assigning guilt......
Good point Flappist. I know if I was the driver and depnding on the sistuation I would not be hanging around if there were 100 drunken angry teenagers that were threating me. Who knows what really happened out there, for you know the kids could of standing on a blind corner.

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #26
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'm from the area originally, these kids always have 18th parties on someones block (grapes), if its cardross, sounds like a road called the spiders web, really ИИИИty road, no lights, swervey road, one house every 300mtrs.
80km/h speed limits all around there too.
everyone would have been ИИИИ faced, hope the driver wasn't.
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #27
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last night I went to pick up my daughter from a friends place. Down the road was a party,narrow street no room for parking very wide nature strips and where were the people standing and walking,you guessed it,on the bludy road. TO$$ERS.
Old 19-02-2006, 03:45 PM   #28
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Yeh I had a ИИИИhead walk out infront of me last nite on a pitch black road with no lights, lucky he had a plastic white bag in his hand and I was approaching a corner in the focus doing 50 and had my high beam on.. there was a path on the opposite side of the road but he was on the left right in my lane, probarly ИИИИed as it was just near a hotel.

All i can say is theres probarly alot of things that need to be established before the driver or the kids can be blamed, at the end of the day tho the kids were in the wrong for being on the road, whether or not speed was a factor will be a big point in the case, getting honest whitnesses who arent looking for someone to blame for this will also be a an issue for the driver, they were all obviously ИИИИed as ive never been to a party that people arent drinking...

People really need twice about having these parties at their homes, I feel sorry for whoever organised it as they will also suffer alot of pain.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #29
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

From what I've read so far, I have more pity on the driver than those teenagers.

My experiences have been similar (except not fatal) but occasionally whilst I'm out driving on a saturday night through neighbourhoods (even close to the main roads) there are always huge juvenile parties going on, 100's of teens always roaming the streets swearing, fighting, causing trouble and they always walk all over the f**kin road! No, sorry I dont mean walk I mean drag their legs and almost fall over like zombies.

Anyway on numerous occasions, I've come driving through those areas (doing the correct speed limit by the way) and they've come out of nowhere or they all hang around a blind corner. Stupid f**ks!! And then they have the nerve to swear at me and try and throw beer bottles at my car.

That really gets my blood boiling, ИИИИИИИИИ teenagers!
Almost makes me feel happy that guy ran over those teenagers now.
GTS_300_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2006, 03:49 PM   #30
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS_300_Coupe
From what I've read so far, I have more pity on the driver than those teenagers.

My experiences have been similar (except not fatal) but occasionally whilst I'm out driving on a saturday night through neighbourhoods (even close to the main roads) there are always huge juvenile parties going on, 100's of teens always roaming the streets swearing, fighting, causing trouble and they always walk all over the f**kin road! No, sorry I dont mean walk I mean drag their legs and almost fall over like zombies.

Anyway on numerous occasions, I've come driving through those areas (doing the correct speed limit by the way) and they've come out of nowhere or they all hang around a blind corner. Stupid f**ks!! And then they have the nerve to swear at my and try and throw beer bottles at my car.

That really gets my blood boiling, ИИИИИИИИИ teenagers!
Almost makes me feel happy that guy ran over those teenagers now.
Yes its hard to feel sorry for these people when they dont care about themselves to start with, drinking and drugs are a serious problem that young Australians are faced with, yet the government does very little about it. Im sick of seeing kids getting hurt thru alcohol abuse.

I feel more sorry for the familys affected by this tragedy, but seriously if people brought their kids up properly today then things like this may not occur.
2024.50 Mustang Darkhorse 6M Blue Ember + Appearance pack ETA Jan 25.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post