Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 15-02-2006, 05:34 AM   #1
Ludacris
Starter Motor

Default Low Coolant level light.

My low coolant light has come on the dash although it is at the right level. Is there any chance that the idicator is broken and needs replacing, if so where is it......... is it the thing on the side of the water bottle with the black and red wires.....

Ludacris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 08:50 AM   #2
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The indicator should only come on when the car is running. Have you checked it while running? i.e. is it dropping water as it's being circulated?
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 08:57 AM   #3
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Open the lid and get a clean stick or something and give the float a little poke, otherwise I have found a few good thuds with your hand on top of the bottle sets things right. If it keeps happening then you might have to remove the sensor and clean it, they get a build up metal on them as they use a magnet.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 08:04 PM   #4
mash
Starter Motor

My Ed developed a hole in the float, i wouldnt pay $80 for a new one so unplugged it and bridged it out to make the light go away.
mash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2006, 10:39 PM   #5
SirHenry
Falcon Unbelievable!

My Low Coolant Light comes on all the time , I just look at it and think stupid bloody thing .... (damn thing doesn't even have a Low Coolant Sensor) it just thinks it does. Gets me how the computer can think it has one when it does not have the sensor on the side of the tank.

Chris
SirHenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 03:27 AM   #6
Ludacris
Starter Motor

Can someone please xplain to me how to pull it out to clean it..........
Old 17-02-2006, 03:58 AM   #7
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

with needle nose pliers. open the pliers so they fit into two of the holes of the sensor and undo it. then get a rag and some carby cleaner and clean the magnets between the 'beak'

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2006, 02:46 AM   #8
Ludacris
Starter Motor

ok so call me an idiot, but I pulled it out and now can't remember which way it gors back in........ does the beak open up and down or sideways. :
Old 01-03-2006, 01:45 AM   #9
Ludacris
Starter Motor

Just to let eveyone know the result. I bought a new Float from Ford as mine had got a leak and water inside...... cost me $22.30 for a new one.......
Thanks....
Old 01-03-2006, 04:24 PM   #10
AU:PROJECT:UTE
Drought Breaker

EA-AU all use the same EA-10K888-A low level sensor. Only difference in all those Falcons was the header bottles for different engines.
ALL COUNTRY: SW Platt Mccann 5 Poster, GME 4706 7' Whippys, Uniden UH015SX UHF AND Scanner combo, Narva Taurus Bull lights, Hawk Grille, Series II Pursuit Side Skirts, Stickers on the back window and more eartags than a mob of cranky angus

ALL GO: XR6 VCT donk and ECU NO MORE!!
Now even MORE fun with 200kw XR8 and 5 speed, Tickford Cluster, 3.45 LSD, full custom twin system w/- 3" chrome angle cut tips :
AU:PROJECT:UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post