Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-02-2006, 05:03 PM   #1
XTC 190
Subtle,sleek & Surprising

Talking Race Time Conclussion

Afternoon all, last week I posted that I was having 8 laps at QLD Raceway Saturday, well its been and gone,the day started off wet by dried up,the organisers got about 8 cars on the track to dry it out quicker one being a ford falcon boss ba and I can tell you the guy driving was good as I think the only parts of the track he wasnt sideways on was the front and back straights,anyway, First lap I tested the car and track from then on I nailed it, on one of the laps hit the end of the straight doing 180-190 dropped of the gas let the car settle and hit the gas again didnt even feather the brake around turn 1 which is the high speed corner, that time I think I made the instructor nervous just on the end of the corner i just touched passenger side wheels on the dirt, I know once I hit the second lap on I was getting quicker and I was catching each car in front especially the holdens, gained most ground in the braking, the instructor at the end gave me a summary of how I did, he said I was very brave on the braking as in around 95% of the time I hit the anchors as late or later than the V8 guys, and that I seem to have no fear in turning the car into the corner no matter the momentum speed. I kinda thought I would be worried on speed at the end of the straight sub consciously slowing down before time etc etc but no didnt even have time to think about it once I realised how sticky the tyres were I just hammered it. I would be extremely happy to be a full time V8 driver

XTC 190 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post