Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #1
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Angry Been cheated/ripped off ??

I don't mean in relationships.

I just rang the place where I was going to stay for Indy to confirm the dates I had booked in May.

Ring them up, and it was some administrator joint. I asked them if it was the place I was staying at.

I get told that they've closed for renovations and aren't re-opening until November, which in turn left me without a place to stay during Indy. I was so close to blasting the woman on the phone. Thank christ common sense prevailed and I bit my tongue.

I'd tried to contact this place for the last month, trying to get info. Worst thing is that I'd paid a deposit of $160 odd bucks to secure the room. They gave me a number to ring regarding bookings, which I have done. Awaiting a call back from them so I can reclaim my deposit.

I've never been so filthy in my life. The least thing they could've done was try to contact me and tell me that they were closing for renovation and that they'd send me my deposit back.

Good news is that I found somewhere else to stay, although it's not as close to the track as I'd like. It's got better amenities and even costs less to stay there, and I get breakfast every morning.

Old 20-09-2005, 05:07 PM   #2
parawolf
beep beep

Last years Eastern Creek round, I made bookings at a hotel in Feburary to ensure a room was available (eastern creek was in September or something?). I had a confirmation number and all that jazz...

Call up in August to confirm... no booking, not even under that confirmation number. They had one room left, so I booked that. Got another confirmation number.

Arrived by car in Sydney, neither of the confirmation numbers were 'valid' however they did have my surname in the book in sheet for one room. So I took it. Got a call by their 'nightwatch' front desk at 10pm after I was dead to the world from driving alone to Sydney all day, asking if I was going to check in. I explained that I already checked in.

Went down to the front desk (in my boxers and singlet to prove a point) and explained the situation. This person found that I was in the wrong room that night, and also found BOTH my other rooms under the original confirmation numbers.

Probably won't stay there again.
Old 20-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #3
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Man that sucks!! at least ya stiil got somewhere to stay...thats very poor on there behalf.

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-09-2005, 05:15 PM   #4
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I know mate. I still can't believe it.
Old 26-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #5
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I've gone mining... :P

:

I've tried five times to contact this place. Three times via phone, once via e-mail (which got sent back) and once through their website feedback form.

The first time I got onto this chick, who said that they were renovating, and wouldn't be open til November. I asked for another contact number (mobile) and left a message on that, to which I have received no reply.

The next day I rang again, was talking to a bloke, and told him I rang the day before and I want my deposit back. He took down my name, how much deposit and paid, and I left two numbers (mobile and work). He said expect a call in the next week. This was last Wednesday.

I thought that I'd leave it for the rest of that week so they could check records and so forth. Still hadn't heard anything.

I try ringing today and the two times I rang previous, it rang once, stopped, then started ringing again. This time, there was no pause, which I assume that it's gone through straight to the hotel. I let it ring 10 times, with no answer.

Stopping short of going there and demanding my money back, I'm out of ideas. I'm about to ring them again.

Help... surely there are others here that have been in a similar situation...
Old 26-09-2005, 06:43 PM   #6
aimzes
...fairly odd

you could lodge a complaint with the QLD department of fair trading.

http://www.consumer.qld.gov.au/oft/oftweb.nsf
Old 27-09-2005, 04:50 AM   #7
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Call ACA... :

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 07:23 AM   #8
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes
you could lodge a complaint with the QLD department of fair trading.

http://www.consumer.qld.gov.au/oft/oftweb.nsf
Thanks for that. After a word with the folks last night, my next step was to find out if they're affiliated with any motel/hotel organisations and contact them.

I did ring again yesterday, and no-one picked up the phone.

EDIT - The OFT office in Southport (closest to the motel) now knows about this.

Last edited by TheSneakiness; 27-09-2005 at 07:52 AM.
TheSneakiness is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2005, 12:23 PM   #9
hrtrip
I Hope Holden Dies

i say its angry mob time again... who wants to go hotel huntin???

Icon Blue BFII Fairmont
Stock as a rock... :(
hrtrip is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post