Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #1
Mrs347stroker
Banned

Default Maybe it was a bad idea

Well it seems now that it might of been a bad idea to join this forum.

I am a stay at home mum and found this forum passes the day away in between changing nappies, bottles, feeds etc while Matt is at work.

I have noticed that a few members on here would not want their wife/partner/girlfriend to join this forum, is it because you have something to hide? Just curious...

I know Matt has nothing to hide and is over the moon that I joined here and we can enjoy this forum together and have a few laughs.

I am never going to be able to get away from Matt's passion (which does drive me crazy sometimes) but that is his life and I am involved in it.

As the saying goes can't beat them join them.

Last edited by Mrs347stroker; 14-09-2005 at 02:29 PM.
Mrs347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 01:09 PM   #2
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

I didn't ring him, ask anyone I am a slacker when it come to using the phone, I cbf anwering it half the time

It wasn't a bad idea to join, it was a very nice of you to try and show an interest. Matt loves it and we are all getting a kick about another new member to our community..

And you could always go and work on the XR in between forum surfing, nappies and bottles...

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 03:22 PM   #3
82falcon

I think the reason some would not like their significant other to join the forum is because they may feel it encroaches on their personal space. Im not sure how i would feel about my girlfriend joining the forum, but as it is now, she doesnt understand cars and like them, but accepts that i do and leaves me to it.
82falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 03:40 PM   #4
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I personally wouldnt have an issue with my wife becoming a member of this forum.

She's a stay at home mum also - and I understand that sometimes during the day you need some other form of contact that doesnt involve nappies, crying, bottles, nappies, gooing and gahing!!!!!

If she wanted to do it - no problems! In my example she hasnt (yet?) but probably wont either coz she isnt really into the net - but each to their own.

I think 82Falcons point is also valid though because having different interests and activities is also healthy for a relationship too.

Basically if you and your hubby (Matt I take it) are fine with it - f*&^ everyone else and what they think.
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 03:44 PM   #5
gtfpv
GT

i'd like it if my wife joined the forum . that way i'd get some time to drive 'OUR' GT.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 03:49 PM   #6
parawolf
beep beep

Personally I am over the moon that my partner at once stage was involved in the Ford Forums. However she slowly found out that it wasn't her kind of thing and dropped off the air so to speak. Then got involved with the Vic Street Utes forums. We are both heavily (well were) involved with the car club doing things like cams marshalling for race days and all other things.

If you don't like the forums, perhaps there is some other way you can get involved with your partners passion that you might enjoy? Part of the car club? ie: administration, or for various events.

Many ways to skin a cat
Old 14-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #7
loxxr6
XB in parts...

My g/f is quite happy to leave the car stuff to me. She doesn't understand it and chooses not to lol. She'd never join up as she's useless with the computer and also dislikes pc stuff almost as much as me spending time with the car.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #8
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
My g/f is quite happy to leave the car stuff to me. She doesn't understand it and chooses not to lol. She'd never join up as she's useless with the computer and also dislikes pc stuff almost as much as me spending time with the car.
HEHE, that is where i am completely opposite.
My boyfriend is a computer tech, so he knows his stuff about the net, but he is also into his car (KE TX3 Turb) however, he is not a member of the site, yet I can't get off of it. I have a stock XE, but love a good read.... now, go and figure that one out... lol

masters24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 10:19 PM   #9
347Stroker
Banned

I guess guys, I have to stick up for the cook here, I encouraged her to get on here. She was worried that she didnt know enough about cars, but as we all explained to her, E-mutants are the same....lol..
But in all seriousness, I am over the moon that she has come to the conclusion that I am a lost cause, an impossible mission to change, so get with the program....lol

nah, seriously, she is taking the time to become involved in a passion of mine, so to me, that means that she wants to become closer to me....
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2005, 11:32 PM   #10
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by masters24
HEHE, that is where i am completely opposite.
My boyfriend is a computer tech, so he knows his stuff about the net, but he is also into his car (KE TX3 Turb) however, he is not a member of the site, yet I can't get off of it. I have a stock XE, but love a good read.... now, go and figure that one out... lol
SAME! My hubby likes to read the occasional joke that I send on to him from here but he says ffau is my place and he'll leave it alone... he's not really into it I guess.

If he were to join, I'd probably change the way I talk in these posts - I'd stop being all flirty and rude. And we can't have that now can we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:24 AM   #11
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs347stroker
Well it seems now that it might of been a bad idea to join this forum.
.................................................. .................................
As the saying goes can't beat them join them.
If any issue is ever raised that makes you uneasy on the Forum, the moderators and admins would like to know about them. A family atmosphere is encouraged on AFF that is not to say like any family there are differing standards of conduct at times.

I would hope wives and girlfriends are to made to feel very welcome on the forum and there is nothing healthier than a variety of attitudes, approaches and opinion on the forum.
That said the keyword is RESPECT, respect for feelings of other, and respect that can allow some joking and good times to be had, without feeling or causing upset.

The onus is on everyone.

I'd like to again say you are welcome Mrs347stroker, even if it is an environment where shoes are not included in the lists of critical purchases. :voldar02:

And dont listen to Bindi FBT on LPG would be all frowns! :
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 07:43 AM   #12
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8

I can vouch that it would never happen....Not in my wildest dreams. Its just for BBQ's.....not performance cars.
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 08:13 AM   #13
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

your husband has publicly given his vote for you on this forum , he's the only one you have to please . and his happy . my wife is not on this forum , but she has a look at mods and funny threads i bring up . any way i feel good about having all of your opinions on things in here
stuff em if they cant take a joke?

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 12:52 PM   #14
bindi

Quote:
With a comment like that, how can you possibly be promoting a family atmosphere? I have my views, I'm allowed to express them.

I am not saying everyone has to convert or else - more LPG for me anyway. Too many ppl change over and the price goes up.

So Red, please keep paying for petrol for me :P :hihi:

Quote:
Old 15-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #15
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Oww gwad...

Not another lpg debate..
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 02:10 PM   #16
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Kye, actually joined ff.com.au BEFORE me

When it all started at ff.com however, she decided she'd check it out (btw- I actually think it started with Rollin and some chick at his work that he was interested in) and the rest is history. For anyone that doesn't know, my fiance (and in two-ish weeks WIFE) is none-other-than Blue Fairy.
Old 15-09-2005, 05:05 PM   #17
bindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Oww gwad...

Not another lpg debate..
RED STARTED IT!!! I wasn't even saying anything about LPG!!! BLAME HIM!

I'll shut up now... :

Quote:
Old 15-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #18
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
RED STARTED IT!!! I wasn't even saying anything about LPG!!! BLAME HIM!

I'll shut up now... :
What? you still in here? Wheres me flamin shandie!!!!?

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 05:41 PM   #19
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
RED STARTED IT!!!
Yep flicked it over to petrol and off she fired..

Was a joke Bindi no offense was intended!!! And yes it is a family atmosphere ever see a family that didn't have squabbles?

I was trying to point out a diversity of opinions..

I'll shuddup now! Can anyone smell anything? Red checks his armpits again.....
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 05:52 PM   #20
WeirdEL

Returning to the subject of this thread...

I think it's good that spouses share an interest in what each other enjoy. My comments in other threads about women not knowing their place were written with tongue firmly in cheek, although it's hard to express that on-line.

My wife actually enjoys helping me work on our car and is interested in knowing how all the bits work. I enjoy helping her in the garden because I'm interested in that, too. She goes all blank when I talk about electronics but then I go all blank when she talks about bobbin lace, so we're about even there.

So, Mrs347stroker, don't let the behaviour (and language) of some people here put you off. Enjoy your common interest.

Last edited by WeirdEL; 15-09-2005 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Picked wrong smiley.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 07:59 PM   #21
bindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
What? you still in here? Wheres me flamin shandie!!!!?
Yes yes yes I'm getting my tight white t-shirt on to come and serve you... the one that says Cougars on it.

Do you want the shirt wet before I get there?
Quote:
Was a joke Bindi no offense was intended!!! And yes it is a family atmosphere ever see a family that didn't have squabbles?

I was trying to point out a diversity of opinions..

I'll shuddup now! Can anyone smell anything? Red checks his armpits again.....
Ok fair enough... just biting I guess lol.

Quote: