Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 30-08-2007, 08:04 PM   #1
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default I want a lawyer boo hoo

At the moment there's a court case going on here in Perth.
This guy about 20 I suppose, followed a little 8 year old girl into the toilets at a shopping centre.
He raped her then strangled her to death and calmly walked out.
Her older brother went looking for her and saw the killer walking out. He found her body.
The Police quickly grabbed the guy up, did a video interview with him and he made some vague confessions.
Now this lawyer, lower than dog dirt, is saying the video is inadmissable because his clients plea's were ignored.
Well I bet the little girls plea's not to hurt her were ignored too.
So if he gets off and does it again I hope that lawyer is proud of himself. These type of people don't desreve the freedom to walk about, they need capital punishment.
Being the father of a little girl this sort of thing just enrages me.
Oh, and he's elected to be heard by a Judge only, no jury because he doesn't think he'll get a fair trial. His lawyer knows he's done for so hoping for a civil libertarian judge no doubt.

Old 30-08-2007, 08:16 PM   #2
rodderz

There was a rumour that he was one of the Bulger murderer's and was sent to Perth for protection with a name change, but never heard any more of it after it happened
Old 30-08-2007, 08:20 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
There was a rumour that he was one of the Bulger murderer's and was sent to Perth for protection with a name change, but never heard any more of it after it happened
rod im pretty sure they proved that one to be incorrect.
Old 30-08-2007, 08:40 PM   #4
Addz08
"FEED IT"

Hang him by his nuts, low life scum.....
Old 30-08-2007, 08:43 PM   #5
Walkinshaw
Two > One

I wouldn't worry too much, even if he gets 6months locked away gaurentee you he will be taken care of. Natural Justice.

Old 30-08-2007, 08:46 PM   #6
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
I wouldn't worry too much, even if he gets 6months locked away gaurentee you he will be taken care of. Natural Justice.

In the "Big House' EVERYBODY loves a rockspider! :jab:
Old 30-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #7
cuz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nah, he would be isolated and kept a long way from general population in prison.

Don't blame the lawyer, he's just trying to do his job. Have you thought that he might go home and throw up each night after having to represent this scum? I know personally of a lawyer who did exactly that. Blame the law makers who allow for these scum to be given rights after performing these horrid acts....
Old 30-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz351
Blame the law makers who allow for these scum to be given rights after performing these horrid acts....
No reference to this case, but everyone deserves a trial. Remember just because someone's accused of a crime dosn't mean they're guilty.
Old 30-08-2007, 09:19 PM   #9
cuz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats true, I agree. BUT there has to be common sense brought into it aswell. In cases like this and say port arthur or hoddle st, where the killer is/was caught red handed. Why should these scum get as many if not more rights as their victims and victims families. In cases such as these I believe in an eye for an eye.
Old 30-08-2007, 09:27 PM   #10
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Simmer guys ...JUSTICE in one form or another WILL prevail

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 30-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #11
steamin63
old skool

to true. the last thing you would want is the american system where your guilt is determined by your skin colour or your wealth. still , give him a fair trial and if he is guilty then hang him.
Old 30-08-2007, 10:18 PM   #12
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

if he gets out he would be a dead man anyway.....
don't think the family could stand him living, i sure as hell couldn't if some-one did that to my little sister... they would be dead within 5 minutes of me seeing them...
Old 30-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #13
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Lawyers=scum and good TV show

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 30-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #14
schnoods
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They have allowed vague details to be made public, as it will be before a solitary judge and no jury, which means that the chances of him getting off on a technicality are very slim to none. They don't want a hung jury on this case, especially with a crime so graphically violent and purely evil in every sense.

When you hear of events like this happening it makes you wonder how anything so sick would ever be comitted by something as a disgusting scourge of a human being, so cowardly and no regard for human life can ever be allowed to exist.

No justice can make it better, just make sure pieces of sh\t like this will never see sunlight again.

95 EF XR8, Advance headers, Vortech V2 t trim blower, Ported Cobra Manifold, Capa Switch Chip Eliminator. 307 rwhp 395 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105mph

Now NA- AFR 165 heads, 1.6RR, Ported Cobra 269rwhp 14.2 ... needs stall and 4.11's

1977 CL Chrysler Panel Van, 360, 727 torqueflite auto soon to be restored.
Old 30-08-2007, 10:37 PM   #15
steamin63
old skool

baby killers can't see daylight from inside a grave.
Old 31-08-2007, 02:09 AM   #16
VSSII

I've spoken to some solicitors regarding matters such as this, i.e. instances where the offenders have commited a particularly nasty act and have been stitched up with a good brief of evidence. They just shrug and say they have a rotation system and you take what comes next. Take the good with the bad and the jury will always see that good prevails. Yeah right!! I have absolutely no idea how they sleep at night.

What gets my goat is when the solicitor trots out some and bull story about how their client came to be at the scene of the crime etc. You sit and think to yourself there's no way in hell that dumb crook made that story up. He's been fed that story by his solicitor (often free legal aid too). When you work in the courts and you see the same crap being spewed out by some solicitors day after day you lose all respect.

One thing I have learnt is with money, lots of it, you have an infinitely better chance of getting off.
Old 31-08-2007, 02:55 AM   #17
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

This is very sad and I cannot even begin to imagine what the family are going through. It's sickening enough that a 20 (or so) year old has a need to rape an 8 year old, that alone is beyond comprehension, but to murder aswell. I don't understand what drives a person to do this, especially to a child.

I think of my own girls while typing this (15 & 4) and I would go insane with rage, I can tell you that. I wouldn't want to hear the words "fair trial" if this happened to anyone in my family.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 31-08-2007, 10:46 AM   #18
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont believe everything you read. i'll trust a lawyer any day over a journalist.
Old 31-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #19
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
No reference to this case, but everyone deserves a trial. Remember just because someone's accused of a crime dosn't mean they're guilty.
He did it alright, there's no question of his guilt , it's just whether his lawyer can get him off it due to the long complicated process we call a justice system.
Unfortunately it's all we have so we have to work with it.
But why can't we have someone stand up and say "enough is enough" and change it.
The silent majority gets howled down by the hand ringers, bleeding hearts, civil libertarians, lawyers associations (looking after their own interests to make money off some other poor bas-tards agony)church groups and do gooders who all reckon they need another chance or didn't really know/understand what they were doing.
Sorry for the rant but this really gets under my skin.
:
Old 31-08-2007, 01:39 PM   #20
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it were my daughter he would be begging the judge to lock him up for the rest of his miserable excuse for a life...
Old 31-08-2007, 01:51 PM   #21
Hunter
Ex EL Falcon

Regardless of whether or not you guys think the guy is guilty, in Australia we ALL have a right to a fair trial and to my knowledge, lawyers are OBLIGATED to do their best for the client.

If not they can be severely reprimanded and possibly struck off.

The guy is just doing his job and at any rate, from what I've read there is more than enough other evidence to convict him.
Old 31-08-2007, 02:55 PM   #22
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The problem is that judges and magistrates are too busy fluffing their pubic hair to be in line with what the general public wants.

When you drive a Porsche and live in a rich suburb, as if you care about what people below you want.

We need people who actually respond to what the public wants and low life bastards such as this person deserve to be locked away. What kind of sick fruitcake rapes a girl, then kills her?

Judges are pathetic animals who IMO, should be locked away themselves. If I was a lawyer, I would refuse to defend this person. I do not believe in keeping animals like this on the street.

Makes we wish I could be He-Man, give him some treatment and then kick the living poo out of him!

Instead, a big man called "Bubba" will hopefully give him similar treatment in his cell.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 31-08-2007, 03:09 PM   #23
|||
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i bet the family of the girl "bubba" raped is happy to hear that. a rapist is a rapist.
Old 31-08-2007, 06:57 PM   #24
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
He did it alright, there's no question of his guilt , it's just whether his lawyer can get him off it due to the long complicated process we call a justice system.
If the police have the evidence then he'll be prosecuted. If we stop giving people trials then you'll start seeing innocent people going to jail because the police wanna close the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Judges are pathetic animals who IMO, should be locked away themselves. If I was a lawyer, I would refuse to defend this person. I do not believe in keeping animals like this on the street.
If a lawyer is ordered by the court to defend this person then they MUST do it.
Old 31-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #25
SP.UTE1
Burning Up 98 Octane

If he is found guilty, then let me be the one to
Old 31-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #26
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
If a lawyer is ordered by the court to defend this person then they MUST do it.
Fair enough. Didn't know about that one.

That's why I am not a lawyer.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 31-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #27
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranium_death
Fair enough. Didn't know about that one.

That's why I am not a lawyer.

I believe they have to do a certain amount of pro bono cases a year.
Not sure on the details. I'm sure someone can clarify.
Old 31-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #28
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im sure the lawyer would love to send that crim to jail but its his job to defend him whether he likes it or not, even if he did tell him to off and find another lawyer, the same responsibility is to the next lawyer and so on.. its how a trial works, you have to have defence otherwise its an unfair trial and wouldnt work..

personally i think the cops who picked him up should have shot him
Old 31-08-2007, 08:00 PM   #29
kremmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Simmer guys ...JUSTICE in one form or another WILL prevail
There is no justice for that crime
Old 31-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #30
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kremmen
There is no justice for that crime
Unfortunately your right, that's why you send these type of people to jail and make sure they gets tortured everyday. Twice on sundays.
Closed Thread