Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
leighthal
Starter Motor

Default LS Focus Towbar and Wiring

I have a CL LS Focus hatch and have recently fitted a genuine ford towbar with the intention of occasionally towing a very small trailer or bike rack. I installed the towbar without any problems, but am having difficulty locating where best to connect the wires to the trailer plug. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

leighthal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
BlackLS

Hi leighthal and welcome to the forums.

If you remove the boot trim on the right side and pull away the carpet on the boot wall on the right, you can see where the rest of the loom is, as well as the sub-loom heading to the rear fog and reverse lights going through the grommet to under the car.

The easier way and I guess better for occasional towing is to just have the connector and its longish cable reside in the boot under the carpet, when it comes time to tow, pull the loom out and close the bootlid over it. I'm not too sure if you need an extra relay to run the indicators; due to having less impedance, the flashers would flash slower if you just tapped into the indicator cable and just powered it through here?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post