Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-03-2015, 08:07 AM   #1
nismo180sx
Starter Motor

Default AU 6 Wheeler

Hi,
I got a Ford Falcon Au 6 Wheeler ute and was wondering that size the front speakers are? Doing a lot of driving in the old girl and need to upgrade the sound system to something half decent. From memory when I last took the door card off I think the fronts were 5x7"? can you fit anything bigger maybe 6x9"?

Will be manufacturing something up in the rear to accommodate rear speakers.

Thanks

Last edited by nismo180sx; 19-03-2015 at 08:16 AM.
nismo180sx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 19-03-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
revcore
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AU 6 Wheeler

Yep 5x7 speakers front and rear. There are adapters available on ebay that allow you to use better quality speakers in more common sizes (Especially 6" round).
Old 19-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #3
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

I bought adapters for mine, and fitted 6.5" round ones. Awesome improvement.
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2015, 08:06 PM   #4
Spurious

Yep I did the same. 6" front with splits & same in the rear (although full range rears), all Clarion.

From memory I could only use 2 of the four bolt holes in the parcel shelf. That's all I needed though.

Make your own sub box (long & narrow) & you'll easily get a couple big doof doofs behind the seats.
Fit amp/s under passenger seat?

Amps need to be flat/level to allow the heatsink to work efficiently.
In my old XF I had an amp on a 45 degree angle, mounted on the back of the sub box, but it would overheat & cut out when I cranked it up!

Love that rig though...cool man!!!
Spurious is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post