Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
G6ETSprint
Starter Motor

Default Is there a thread somewhere for feedback on eBay purchases?

All,

I've recently been scammed by a dodgy seller on eBay and wondering if there's some kind of feedback thread we can leave for bad (and/or good) eBayer's that try on the scam.

Item is Ford XR related too.

If there is such a thread, I can't find it so please link/transfer/close this post if there is.

Cheers,
Brendan

G6ETSprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Is there a thread somewhere for feedback on eBay purchases?

Did you leave them negative feedback and put a claim in through paypal?
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
G6ETSprint
Starter Motor

Unfortunately no. What happen was my brother picked up some ED XR headlights and was assured they were in good condition (he has no idea about such things) quick visual inspection looked fine. Feedback was left based on this.

It took a while to pick them up as the seller was pick-up only (fine, his perogative) and had difficult hours to arrange a pick up with (630 til 8 weekdays or some such) It's been just over two months all told.

It took six days to pay, including me sending him a message saying it make take a few more days and at that time he was fine with that and also fine with keeping the lights til we worked around his schedule.

Sent them via post to me. They sat in a box until I took them to get installed along with some other panel beating work being done, turns out they're useless, missing the white plastic clips to secure them and one of the locating bolts on each light, so they flop about everywhere. As it stands I can't even make one good set out of the old ones on my car and these new paperweights.

It also appears that the seller knew the were useless as he just messaged me after contact through eBay with: "If you hadn't absolutely wasted my f...g time with the initial sale I could have sent you a few clips, as I have 4 sets of those lights and heaps of parts, but you just p...d me off. " and suggested that "If you don't want them re-sell them" eg: rip off someone to cover my own ****!

Seems like a decent person to buy off, doesn't it?

Cheers.
G6ETSprint is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
-RADICAL-POSTURE-
!

Put in a claim/dispute through paypal and send them the massages he sent you via ebay as that pretty much sums up this guys attitude. He has admitted to selling you something he knows will be useless to you.

Current car 2018 Mustang GT 10r80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlHqV...yer_detailpage
-RADICAL-POSTURE- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by -RADICAL-POSTURE- View Post
Put in a claim/dispute through paypal and send them the massages he sent you via ebay as that pretty much sums up this guys attitude. He has admitted to selling you something he knows will be useless to you.
great in theory but they have time limits for disputes and no disputes are allowed if positive feedback has been given. they are very ridged on this

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Plus did the buyer pay by paypal or cash.

Sounds to me like your a bit naive giving someone positive feedback / cash without inspecting the product, especially when picking it up.
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post