Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
perox

Default Club registration?

Hi all,

Hoping you guys can fill me in here, I want to club registrate my XC as I drive it about 1-2 times a week....full rego seems a waste. How do i go aboout this?. From what ive heard you get 90 days a year to drive it or something?

Thanks!

perox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Club registration?

You need to join a club for starters.... and it depends on what state your in as to the limitations.
Not sure about victoria and the rules there sorry.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
Kryton

Vicroads website holds the answers.
You need to join a Vicroads approved club, meet the clubs requirements, and then get another RWC on your vehicle to change over to club plates.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You'll probably need to be a club member for 12 months and participate in a set number of club activities in that time before you are elible to use the scheme.

Each club is different so you will neeed to ask. However asking about a club about their rego scheme before you even join might be frowned upon by clubs as it is generally cconsidered a privelige for participating members to use the scheme.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You won't necessarily need a roadworthy, it depends on the club's rules.

The 12 month thing is pretty standard, the clubs don't like people joining just for the club rego then never seeing them again.

The process is:

You get the form from Vicroads then get an appropriate person within the club to sign off that the car is OK to drive on the road, all clubs require different things, I am with the Benalla Auto Club (owners of Winton and Wakefield Park raceways), they require a roadworthy the first year then just a letter from the same mechanic each year to say that nothing dramatic has changed on the car.

Take the form to Vicroads, they will give you the option of 45 days for $66.00 or 90 days for $132, you can opt for the 45 days and if that isn't enough you just go to Vicroads and buy another 45 days, no paperwork required.

You can drive the car anywhere at anytime, there is no restrictions, BUT you must complete the log book that comes with the rego, if you don't complete the book then you could get booked for driving an unregistered car and cop a $550 fine.

Of course you must run the club rego plates on your car so if you have either original plates or personalised plates then you will need to contact Vicroads and have them 'park' them for you until you want to use them again.

Hope all this helps.

You may find a club that will take you on straight away and let you access their club rego program but they will be hard to find.

Last edited by Trevor 57; 23-04-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post