Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Health insurance; what do you have? (Mainly interested in dental)

Hey all,

So I have decided I refuse to pay the levy for not having private health insurance again this year. I don't want any flashy cover as I'm 22 years, fit, and very healthy. The main things I would be interested in is dental that will cover crowns/veneers.

Just curious what other people my age have, if you don't mind sharing what you pay? Feel free to pm me.

Also, the second concern I have is a that many of the basic covers have different $ figures of covers for things like crowns/veneers. What is the real world cost for one of these? I understand this is a how-long-is-a-piece-of-string question due to a number of factors, not to mention the prices of different dentists, but I would appreciate a basic guide of how much cover would be needed based on a guide of what they are worth. I tried google but it wasn't my friend, and all the prices I came up with were on Amerian forums.

Thanks in advance for all advice/suggestions.

Last edited by fat4D; 14-02-2012 at 11:52 PM.
fat4D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: Health insurance; what do you have? (Mainly interested in dental)

There is a thread on Health Insurance in Advice Central.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11355019

That may answer some of your questions.

Cheers
Col
Old 16-02-2012, 05:28 AM   #3
z80
Banned

Default Re: Health insurance; what do you have? (Mainly interested in dental)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D
Hey all,

So I have decided I refuse to pay the levy for not having private health insurance again this year. I don't want any flashy cover as I'm 22 years, fit, and very healthy. The main things I would be interested in is dental that will cover crowns/veneers.

Just curious what other people my age have, if you don't mind sharing what you pay? Feel free to pm me.

Also, the second concern I have is a that many of the basic covers have different $ figures of covers for things like crowns/veneers. What is the real world cost for one of these? I understand this is a how-long-is-a-piece-of-string question due to a number of factors, not to mention the prices of different dentists, but I would appreciate a basic guide of how much cover would be needed based on a guide of what they are worth. I tried google but it wasn't my friend, and all the prices I came up with were on Amerian forums.

Thanks in advance for all advice/suggestions.

Don't get your hopes up about getting any decent cover for expensive dental work.

We get about 25% back for crowns etc and have had Medibank private for 25 years.

Sounds a clique, but put the money in the bank instead and you will be far ahead than taking out health insurance.

They make billions in profit for a reason.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post