Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
RAPID_BA
Banned

Default the car theft attempts thread...

I used to own a el ghia, full system on it, cai and lowered. mint car. sold it to a mate a few years back.

He parked it in parramatta last week and he returned to his car to notice door open and hood unlocked. he particularly noticed the door lock barrell looked like someone drilled it and there was some sort of lubrication gel around the key barrell. what ever they used they opened the door and managed to pop the hood. Car has an alarm and ignition barrel was untouched. not sure if he surprised them upon return.

Did smartlock repell them? Who knows. he has not parked the car since but will need to do so soon.

Any other foiled or botched attempts out there?

RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: the car theft attempts thread...

someone broke into my ford maverick last night, stole $200 worth of change and my led lensor P7 torch ($160). they even locked the car back up, good blokes
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
Legit290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

may the change be stolen from them and may the torch somehow electrocute them

i had an XF 351 duel fuel.
I was getting my mowing shoes on and looked at my car

NO CAR

it was down the hill of the street, all 4 doors open and the bonnet. The speakers were on the back seat..they were 5 watters..haha
it had a lumenition distrubuter in it that has a cutter instead of a rotor button. i has made it a practice to remove it and keep it inside the house The car was a ****** to start if you didn't manually prime the lpg anyway.

they got nothing and must have tried and tried to start it until the battery ran out...sucked in suckers..got to love Punchbowl and 5 watt speakers

PS glad you're still alive Hulkie old son!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #4
Thunderchild

Was working at the sunshine coast when my girlfriend rang up in tears telling me that someone had tried to steal my HZ sedan from outside the front of Mums place in Brisbane . It did not go down too well when I starting ****ing myself laughing. The old girl had broken the timing gear the week before on the trip back home and I had it towed to Mums place and all I could picture was the thiefs trying to get her to fire as they rolled it down the hill. My brother found it at 4 o'clock in the morning in the middle of the intersection thinking it was a strange place to leave a car until he realized it was mine.

Last edited by Thunderchild; 11-02-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Thunderchild is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
KRL-94

had my landcruiser parked beside my brother's (Conundrum) fairlane, which they managed to get fuel from his, got fuel from dads little hi-ace, scorpion and fairlane, didn't touch dad patrol (must of thought it was a diesel) and failed at getting into mine! the advantage of have locking fuel caps! but they only took 5 litres of fuel from all but conundrum's fairlane, which they took (off memory) 1/2 tank.

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447916
KRL-94 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #6
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 

Lol we had an old pintara sitting at work for three years (wasnt worth repairing and the owner never picked it up) we know it had a full tank of fuel (the running joke was the fuel was worth more than the car)
So got to work one day late last year to see the door open and the fuel cap open, they stole the tape player and all the fuel. Lol it was three years old and off big time, smelt disgusting. We had a laugh and didnt worry.

That was untill three hours later when a clapped out vn commodore was towed in from just up the road. Stopped dead last night they said, did some checks, sounded low on fuel so we removed a high pressure hose to fit a pressure/flow tester. Upon removing the fuel line we were overcome with the stench of stale fuel. We just found of theif lol needless to say we charged them for the repair and the fuel they stole
We win!!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 01:15 AM   #7
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

When I was 18 my first car, an XA coupe, was broken into at the train station. They used a rock to smash the rear quarter window, denting the panel and chrome trim under it. They tried to get the speakers by bending the backrest of the back seat around like a banana. Speakers were too well wired in and they could only get one out so they just left the other on the back seat.

They couldn't steal the actual car as I had a good old club steering lock.

I parked it across the street outside a car yard and sports centre after that instead of at the more secluded train station carpark.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #8
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Had my sports wheel and ignition barrel stolen from my old HG wagon in 1990. Lucky I had the original wheel, and repco had a barrel, so got the car going same day. And the buggers used my tools to do it too! (Car was parked in a public car park while I was at work)
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #9
babyf6
Young Ford Enthusiast

I had a bloke try to steal my ba falcon right infront of me eyes. I let him go for a bit till i got a good look at him then i pressed the alarm button on the car and ran over to him. The look on his face, priceless. Then he bolted. Gave the details to the police and they have sorted it out for me.
babyf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #10
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

I still have three of the four cars I've owned in my life. The only reason I don't have one of them is that it was stolen.

My '91 Mustang LX 5.0 hatchback was stolen from in front of my apartment the night before Thanksgiving in 1994. That was a very bad year. I lost my job, my car was stolen, etc. All I found of the car was the keyhole, bent and laying in the parking lot. The car was never recovered. I suspect it went to a chop shop.

Someone stole a wheel from my '95 Mustang GTS, also in front of my apartment. I was getting ready to go to work one morning and something seemed odd. I had almost gotten in the car, but then I noticed that the driver's side rear wheel was missing and the car was sitting on a jack!

All I could figure was that once they got the wheel off, the car alarm went off and scared the thieves away. The bastards stole the lug nuts, too, so I couldn't put the spare on until I got some more.

Not too long after that I got my Police Interceptor and people stopped messing with my cars. (And then I bought a house with a garage!)
Old 12-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #11
midnightXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic
I still have three of the four cars I've owned in my life. The only reason I don't have one of them is that it was stolen.

My '91 Mustang LX 5.0 hatchback was stolen from in front of my apartment the night before Thanksgiving in 1994. That was a very bad year. I lost my job, my car was stolen, etc. All I found of the car was the keyhole, bent and laying in the parking lot. The car was never recovered. I suspect it went to a chop shop.

Someone stole a wheel from my '95 Mustang GTS, also in front of my apartment. I was getting ready to go to work one morning and something seemed odd. I had almost gotten in the car, but then I noticed that the driver's side rear wheel was missing and the car was sitting on a jack!

All I could figure was that once they got the wheel off, the car alarm went off and scared the thieves away. The bastards stole the lug nuts, too, so I couldn't put the spare on until I got some more.

Not too long after that I got my Police Interceptor and people stopped messing with my cars. (And then I bought a house with a garage!)
I had this many years ago. Came out and jumped into car drove along the street but something didnt feel right. Turns out somone had made off with all my wheel nuts bar the locking ones on my old pulsar.

Not long after i got the falcon someone took the fuel from the tank so bought a locking cap. Can only presume they thought it was diesel.

Last year my old man had a knock at the door asking if it was forsale from a right scruffy bloke in broken english when i left it with him to put into the garage. For a week after that there was always the same white van stopping outside looking down the drive although i had taken it home by then.

Ive been made very aware of the threat of theft now i have a rare vehicle over here.
midnightXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #12
Psi-Pop
on the way to the RSL

I parked up my EF in Collingwood after dropping my g/f at a friends house and instead of driving home then going back to get her I thought id sleep in the back of it. Having a nice old sleep laying in the back with stereo on I woke up too the sound of my front door being attacked with a crowbar being wielded by two of the drunkest men I had seen,(that night).

Pretty quickly woke up panicked and grabbed the closest thing to me, sadly a large Mcdonalds coke isn't the best anti thief weapon, but surprise is it seems. They yelled, panicked and run away to try a car further down the street.

Didn't get back to sleep.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #13
midnightXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi-Pop
I parked up my EF in Collingwood after dropping my g/f at a friends house and instead of driving home then going back to get her I thought id sleep in the back of it. Having a nice old sleep laying in the back with stereo on I woke up too the sound of my front door being attacked with a crowbar being wielded by two of the drunkest men I had seen,(that night).

Pretty quickly woke up panicked and grabbed the closest thing to me, sadly a large Mcdonalds coke isn't the best anti thief weapon, but surprise is it seems. They yelled, panicked and run away to try a car further down the street.

Didn't get back to sleep.

So the fact you appeared and stopped them from getting into your car didnt detract them from trying another further down.

Even though they were drunk thats just shocking
midnightXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #14
RAPID_BA
Banned

I was at a tyre place yesterday and a goofy junkie lookin bloke walks in and says i have a gps forsale, top of the range, $120 and its yours. i was gonna clobber him as obviously he stoll it from someone. i asked him where the charger was and he said he misplaced it.

i just said not for me mate, he says "whats wrong with you its worth $370 in the shop" i said keep it if its so good. he then walks off to another person in the shop trying to flog it off.

Later when i was leaving he was outside in a very old rough excel with a bottle putting fuel in it and his junkie mrs standing around.

On behalf of someone else (who lost the gps) i wanted to flog him.
RAPID_BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #15
wang

I nearly lost my XBGT coupe in the late 80s.They broke into the house (still living at the parents) pulled the place apart looking for the keys. They moved my mums car and parked it on the street got the coupe going and reversed it out but at the time it had a Mr Gasket vertical gate shifter on it. Luckily they managed to jam up the shifter and somehow got it stuck in reverse and 2nd gear.They did the bolt and left it on the street.The guy who lived across the road tried to push back into the driveway but couldnt get it to move so he called the cops a camped out in the coupe till my oldies got home.When i got to thank him he told me how much he loved the car.Needless to say when i got it going i took him for a run and give him a drive
wang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #16
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_BA
I was at a tyre place yesterday and a goofy junkie lookin bloke walks in and says i have a gps forsale, top of the range, $120 and its yours. i was gonna clobber him as obviously he stoll it from someone. i asked him where the charger was and he said he misplaced it.

i just said not for me mate, he says "whats wrong with you its worth $370 in the shop" i said keep it if its so good. he then walks off to another person in the shop trying to flog it off.

Later when i was leaving he was outside in a very old rough excel with a bottle putting fuel in it and his junkie mrs standing around.

On behalf of someone else (who lost the gps) i wanted to flog him.
You should have called the cops & given them a description & number plate details.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #17
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Mine is more of a wanna-be / could have been theft...

Borrowed mums car 10 years ago to go to the shops. It was a Barina, but the after market alarm fob was a wood grained flash looking unit with a Mercedes symbol on the back... for reasons unknown to me or her.

Locked the car at a large supermarket carpark. Prob 150 cars there total scattered around... walk the 70 metres to the entry (always have the habit of trying to park away from the rest) and get to the entrance. Reach into my pocket to get my phone and realise the keys are not there.

Turn around.. look back the way I walked and there is a guy finishing off packing his stuff in the car, looking at me... looking at him. Walk over, and ask if he saw any keys. He fished em out of his pocket and said... OH, I was going to hand them into centre management right after this, they were sitting on the floor right next to me....

Sure he was......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #18
babyf6
Young Ford Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Mine is more of a wanna-be / could have been theft...

Borrowed mums car 10 years ago to go to the shops. It was a Barina, but the after market alarm fob was a wood grained flash looking unit with a Mercedes symbol on the back... for reasons unknown to me or her.

Locked the car at a large supermarket carpark. Prob 150 cars there total scattered around... walk the 70 metres to the entry (always have the habit of trying to park away from the rest) and get to the entrance. Reach into my pocket to get my phone and realise the keys are not there.

Turn around.. look back the way I walked and there is a guy finishing off packing his stuff in the car, looking at me... looking at him. Walk over, and ask if he saw any keys. He fished em out of his pocket and said... OH, I was going to hand them into centre management right after this, they were sitting on the floor right next to me....

Sure he was......
Makes you wonder.......................
babyf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #19
FrogInASock
Getahaircutandgetarealjob

*DISCLAIMER* Beating up car thieves is bad and can land you in serious trouble with the law. Don't beat up car thieves. */DISCLAIMER*

My brother in law had a VB Commodore about 25 years ago. Apparently it was a POS but it was his first car of his own as my sister (by then, his wife) used to drive them around, and he rode a bicycle when he didn't need a car. When he and my sister were newly married they lived in a small flat with parking under the complex. One day, sister looks out the balcony window just on dusk to see a white Commodore departing up the road. Hmm, that looks the same as Hubby's Commodore. About half an hour later, Hubby was going out. You guessed it, no car! It was found the next day, a bit worse for wear but alive.

A couple of years later they were at a friends house at a BBQ. Once again, just on dark, there's this yell "HEY (bro in law's name) THERE'S SOMEONE AT YOUR CAR!" Now bro in law used to row for the surf club so is a big lad. So were all his mates at this BBQ so the, by now caught, prospective thief was slightly packing! Turns out he was under 16 and so would get a kick up the bum and don't you dare do it again, sonny. The cop who attended told bro in law that he would have been better giving the kid a hiding.

Once again, violence is bad.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #20
HSVKILLA
moonlight rider

Had an old white mk II escort back in 1995 that had no more meat left on any of the brake pads and was sitting in my drive,It still ran fine but needed the pads changed badly.One night i went to bed and was asleep for about 3 hours when i was suddenly awakened to the phone ringing,it was the police asking me what my car was doing on a certain street a couple of streets over from where i lived in the middle of the road with the doors wide open.I got up and walked over there where the police were sitting in their patrol car and blow me down some idiots had busted the barrel and taken off in in,just wish i could have seen the drivers face when he/she realised there was no brakes. .
HSVKILLA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post