Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-01-2012, 03:29 PM   #1
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Going to uni........On the west side!!!

so as this is my 300th post i thought i'd share some awesome news and as the title says im going to uni on the other side of australia. yeah i know why didn't i just apply to UQ like every other ordinary blow joe over here and the answer what better way to start a new major chapter in my life than throwing myself in the deep end and having a massive sea change at the same time at first it was the parents egging me on as usual then it goes from debate to actually doing and next thing u know ur enrolling into units and thinking all in the mean while "how do i turn this into a good thing???" well i must say it took alot of convincing more debating then me saying "I'M OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS" and well that line doesn't come about too often and any way here i am 3 weeks away from the biggest and hardest choice i've ever had to make in my life and wondering what experience some of you guys could share thats in some ways similar to this. Thanks in advance.

Mr. Niceguy

Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
buggo
[BU66OS]

Default Re: Going to uni........On the west side!!!

Congrats mate, I'll bet you'll love it once you get into the swing of things. It'll probs be overwhelming at first but you'll 'grow up' fast and won't go back.
What are you going to study?

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

first its the enabling course for science engineering and health then onto mining and surveying engineering if all goes as planned
Old 21-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im nervously excited cos i've never been to perth lol
Old 21-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.NiceGuy
im nervously excited cos i've never been to perth lol
Don't worry, we dont bite.......much!. Which Uni are you going to? Curtin used to have a great pub, haven't been there for a while though.

Make sure you have the mandatory visit to Little Creatures and enjoy the Freo scenery.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are they going to teach you punctuation? That's one big block of text in your OP!

Have fun at uni. Hopefully you'll learn the same valuable lesson I did whist I was there. The beer tap is either on or off. It's never anywhere in between.
Old 22-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #7
Carrie On

good on you mate, people think i'm mad for going to uni a 12 hour drive away from where i was born. Most liberating thing i ever do is driving there. You do grow up quick and it's amazing how quickly your new place becomes home.
Enjoy the hell out of it mate.
Carrie On is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha yeah gotta work on punctuation and i've already booked the little creatures tour as i'm a big fan of there beer s far (only tried sparkling and pale ale) and yeah goin to curtin. and curtin is now a drink free smoke free uni unfortunately so gotta go out for a drink

Last edited by Uncle Niceguy; 22-01-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 22-01-2012, 02:41 AM   #9
bungarra

Quote:
haha yeah gotta work on punctuation and i've already booked the little creatures tour as i'm a big fan of there beer s far (only tried sparkling and pale ale) and yeah goin to curtin. and curtin is now a drink free smoke free uni unfortunately so gotta go out for a drink
The tavern is still operational, just not allowed to walk about with a coldie anymore. The student guild runs the Tav. I'll have to stick my head in and see if they are still doing the cheap steaks.

http://www.guild.curtin.edu.au/index...l/the-tav.html
Old 22-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
G6ET8U
GTX Turbo & KB Blown

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: ALWAYS goes out of his way to help others in need, never posts rubbish only facts he has learnt the hard way or with success in his personal experiance. Takes the time to aid more junior members and overall is a solid contributor to AFF. 

Huge step mate and something I've never done or been in a position to do. Though in saying that it will most likely be the making of you as a person and something you'll look back on either way as the time of your life or a great learning experience.

I say do it mate! Why not, you only live once and it's not like you can't undo it if you don't like it

SNOW WHITE 2004 BA FPV PURSUIT
2.6L Kenne Bell
Brembos all round
Twin Screw Awesomeness

Supported, serviced and tuned by
BLUEPOWER RACING DEVELOPMENTS

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11354744
G6ET8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #11
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hehe o going back now hypo just booked a one way flight never done that before though. and bungarra it looks like the Tavern is a nice place i'll definitely check it out as i do enjoy my beer and my canadian club even more lol. and are you a student there bungarra if so i'd like to know that there is a fellow student who i can make new friends with.

p.s: the damn flights are expensive lol
Old 22-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #12
bungarra

Quote:
hehe o going back now hypo just booked a one way flight never done that before though. and bungarra it looks like the Tavern is a nice place i'll definitely check it out as i do enjoy my beer and my canadian club even more lol. and are you a student there bungarra if so i'd like to know that there is a fellow student who i can make new friends with.

p.s: the damn flights are expensive lol
haven't been a student for a long time. Still go to Curtin about twice a year though due to work purposes. you'll make friends there pretty quick as they are a good bunch.