Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-11-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 
Default Summernats 25 is near!

Looking forward to the smell of burnt rubber and the sweet sounds of v8 revving their tits off! I know I wouldn't be the only one!
So who's going? Anyone here on tue forums entering their cars in Any of the comps?

Full Difilippo big boy exhaust /4.5" body ballistic metal cats / boss 315 plenum & twin throttle body coupled to bpr airbox / powerbond underdrives / herrod 290 cams / malwood opt 3+ / hrs Pegasus rims 19x8.5 front - 9.5 rear / nitto invo 245-35-19F & 275-35-19R / whiteline swaybars/ Under bonnet bling / 4.11 harrop truetrac

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

supercharged 363 dart takes on au work ute http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11342906
SIMBAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Summernats 25 is near!

I'll be there, my gf is working in one of the merch stands all weekend... If she gets to be there figure i do too . Wanted to enter my car but will next year got a few other things to do before the car is finished. You entering?
Old 28-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #3
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 

No but I have a mate with an old Gemini with a 308 in it for The burnout comp..
If my brothers ute is Finnished we will see if we can just have it in there for the power cruises.. I'll be taking it.. But it's got to be Finnished first.. New motor should be due to go in in another week or so
Full Difilippo big boy exhaust /4.5" body ballistic metal cats / boss 315 plenum & twin throttle body coupled to bpr airbox / powerbond underdrives / herrod 290 cams / malwood opt 3+ / hrs Pegasus rims 19x8.5 front - 9.5 rear / nitto invo 245-35-19F & 275-35-19R / whiteline swaybars/ Under bonnet bling / 4.11 harrop truetrac

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

supercharged 363 dart takes on au work ute http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11342906
Old 28-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
prasac
Banned

was just about the pay the balance off for the room today probably be entering the brother's Capri in Tuff Street.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Naturally I'll be there, organising the SM Summernats Magazine crew again and also doing my youtube thing. Fives day of nearly no sleep, high temps, too much booze, covered in rubber and loving every minute of it.
blownvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownvn
Naturally I'll be there, organising the SM Summernats Magazine crew again and also doing my youtube thing. Fives day of nearly no sleep, high temps, too much booze, covered in rubber and loving every minute of it.
should be good with the street cruise also. pity it's only on the Thursday, Saturday midday would have been much better.

shame Jim Beam is the drink sponsor again, looks like gonna have to sneak JD's in
Old 28-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
should be good with the street cruise also. pity it's only on the Thursday, Saturday midday would have been much better.

shame Jim Beam is the drink sponsor again, looks like gonna have to sneak JD's in
Damn it! Not Jimmy again! JD is the best!
I was horrified last year when I could not find any jack!

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 28-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #8
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Quote:
was just about the pay the balance off for the room today probably be entering the brother's Capri in Tuff Street.
Ok sweet! Would love to see it in the flesh!

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 28-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvgtp255
Damn it! Not Jimmy again! JD is the best!
I was horrified last year when I could not find any jack!
as was i, i miss the JD icee's, you'd knock back half a carton of JD cans during the morning then switch to the icee's in the afternoon and back to the cans at night, i never got too trashed that way
Old 28-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #10
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
as was i, i miss the JD icee's, you'd knock back half a carton of JD cans during the morning then switch to the icee's in the afternoon and back to the cans at night, i never got too trashed that way
OR

You just take one for the team and drink Jim Beam so they will think that sponsoring the event is worthwhile and do it again in the future.

No sponsors = no event.......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 02:38 PM   #11
DANNO178

I have always wanted to go but have never made it. Just wondering when it starts and finishes , I think its about time I went.
DANNO178 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #12
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

I'll definitely be there with some mates. Have been twice before and not going to miss this one coming. Meant to be the biggest early entrant list ever from what I have heard. The XE won't be ready in time but may have a little something something up my sleeve to take down.

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

tankclare is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #13
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
OR

You just take one for the team and drink Jim Beam so they will think that sponsoring the event is worthwhile and do it again in the future.

i'm not that big an alcoholic, i don't think they would miss the 80-100 cans i would drink there

if the event wasn't profitable or someone wasn't getting something out of it, it wouldn't be on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNO178
I have always wanted to go but have never made it. Just wondering when it starts and finishes , I think its about time I went.
January 5th-8th 2012
Old 28-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #14
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

DANNO- All I can say is prepare for a big few days. Very little sleep, hot as days and dry heat, awesome cars, hot ladies, lots of walking and plenty of drinks. Usually totally buggered and broke by the time we get home lol

[SMOKES] FG XR6 build thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4795218#post4795218

Old 28-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #15
DANNO178

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankclare
DANNO- All I can say is prepare for a big few days. Very little sleep, hot as days and dry heat, awesome cars, hot ladies, lots of walking and plenty of drinks. Usually totally buggered and broke by the time we get home lol
Sounds like fun , think I'm 80% chance at this stage . Thanks for giving me the start and finish days prasac , very much appreciated. Guess it would be to late for any accomodation , whats the go there ... pitch a tent or something ?
DANNO178 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #16
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNO178
Sounds like fun , think I'm 80% chance at this stage . Thanks for giving me the start and finish days prasac , very much appreciated. Guess it would be to late for any accomodation , whats the go there ... pitch a tent or something ?
u can camp at the site. it's cheap and easy, they have showers n that. make sure u get plenty of sunscreen and buy a sombrero hat. also, make sure u have a shower after the burnouts, u go in looking like 2000's Michael Jackson and come out looking like 1970's Michael Jackson

we have a spare spot in the bungalow (same room for 20 years ), a mate decided to have a kid around the time of the event, so he won't go. he is a bit of a pussy, another mate just had a kid 2 weeks back but he is still going

like tankclare said prepare for a few big days. if u see a guy in the middle of the road doing burnouts (not in a car, with feet) with his pants and undies around his knees, come say hello that is me

Last edited by prasac; 28-11-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 28-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #17
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
OR

Who needs the drinks/drinking! im there for they cars! burnouts/rubber smoke..
undecided about entering my car.. have a wedding i have to attend on the Saterday.. -Great timing! -NOT!
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #18
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Quote:
u can camp at the site. it's cheap and easy, they have showers n that. make sure u get plenty of sunscreen and buy a sombrero hat. also, make sure u have a shower after the burnouts, u go in looking like 2000's Michael Jackson and come out looking like 1970's Michael Jackson

we have a spare spot in the bungalow (same room for 20 years ), a mate decided to have a kid around the time of the event, so he won't go. he is a bit of a pussy, another mate just had a kid 2 weeks back but he is still going

like tankclare said prepare for a few big days. if u see a guy in the middle of the road doing burnouts (not in a car, with feet) with his pants and undies around his knees, come say hello that is me

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 29-11-2011, 08:21 AM   #19
BDA074

Its on January 5-8th next year...
Went for the first time last year and was amazed. Will be back in 2012!
25th year so will be a big one I hear...
Old 29-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #20
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Can't wait either way! Hopefully the supercharged 363 will be in the ute up and running by then!

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 30-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #21
NeoBF
Always thinking...

Can't wait either so bloody excited for it girlfriend surprised me with tickets and is driving me up from Melbourne too for an early 21st present luckiest bloke ;)
Old 30-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #22
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvgtp255
Can't wait either way! Hopefully the supercharged 363 will be in the ute up and running by then!
get it happenin' i was supposed to have mine readt for last year Summernats got it all approved to enter and cruise around, but didn't/still haven't finished.

NeoBF that is a good girlfriend, i don't know many guys missus's that like them going to Summernats.
Old 30-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #23
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Quote:
get it happenin' i was supposed to have mine readt for last year Summernats got it all approved to enter and cruise around, but didn't/still haven't finished.

NeoBF that is a good girlfriend, i don't know many guys missus's that like them going to Summernats.
Lol my girly wanted to come! But I didn't let her.. Instead I've bought her tickets to go up to qld to go see her brother and nieces that she's always missing.
First thing early Friday morning she gets dropped off at Canberra airport then....
I go and get loose! Or as an old mate used to say (pommy chap).. LETS GET F&@KIN WIRED! Hahaha

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 30-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #24
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

might head down there on the Thur arvo..

i usualy stay in the Carotel park.. "on the left,just after the 1st roundabout/shell apon arriving in canberra".

Anyone else stay there?

i just pitch the 3 persom dome tent.. and catch up with randoms..
Old 30-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #25
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF
might head down there on the Thur arvo..

i usualy stay in the Carotel park.. "on the left,just after the 1st roundabout/shell apon arriving in canberra".

Anyone else stay there?

i just pitch the 3 persom dome tent.. and catch up with randoms..
yeah we stay at the Carotel, but in the rooms. had the same room for close to 15-20 years

i know a few girls that have gone down and most vow never to come back again (the reserved ones), you tell them what to expect especially all the guys screamin' stuff at 'em etc but they don't believe it till they experience it
Old 30-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #26
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A room would be nice.. but ive tented it for the last 5 years so as uncomfortable as it can be.. its kind of like tradition to camp. lol

Entering a car prasac? teetering on whether to enter mine..
Old 30-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #27
tankclare
BURN RUBBER NOT OIL

Probably the worst place to ever take a girlfriend lol. Once someone spots a lady and yells out the usual chants all the bogans swarm in like flies on crap and next thing you know theres hundreds of people chanting lol. Like you said most brush off all the talk until they experience it.

I'll have to keep an eye out for everyone and come and say hello.

Old 30-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #28
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whats the price difference at the gate for a season pass?

Last edited by FalconXV; 30-11-2011 at 02:02 PM.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #29
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK EF
A room would be nice.. but ive tented it for the last 5 years so as uncomfortable as it can be.. its kind of like tradition to camp. lol

Entering a car prasac? teetering on whether to enter mine..
nah, mine not ready. will be there just with the brother's Capri (Twin turbo 4L V8) lil vid of it in action http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUlT863m8as it was up for Street Machine of the Year this year (didn't win ) we usually enter it in Tuff Street, has won a fair few awards at the 'Nats, came runner up in Tuff Street a couple times and won Tuff Pro Street back in 2005. it's getting a bit old now (3rd year with the turbo combo) so doubt it will take anything this year.

next year a few more of us will have cars finished which will be good. i will be cruising my full tube drag car
Old 30-11-2011, 02:30 PM   #30
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXV
Whats the price difference at the gate for a season pass?
stuff all last year i think it was $110 pre-order and $120 at the gate.