Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Road resurfacing rant …

This morning in my local area (Inner Sydney) road works have started to resurface one of the roads. While this is great as that road was total POS, the workers had not made sure that all the parked cars are actually gone.

The funny thing is that last week special workzone signs have been placed above the street parking signs notifying everyone of the event, last night the road workers were trying to get everyone to move their cars , additionaly on this street parking is limited to 2 hours only! Yes its free but you can’t just leave your car parked there forever …

This morning while on my way to work I can still see lots of cars remaining parked, they are not booked, or have been towed away … hence the workers have started to resurface the road while leaving the cars there and obviously ignoring the bits of road where the cars are still standing, all in all resulting in a crappy resurfacing job that will leave lots of gaps unevenly done …

My question is simple, why have the cars not been towed away? I thought the council would have the full power to book these people and tow their cars away, also why was the police not involved in trying to contact these people to move their cars? They can easily read their rego numbers and contact the drivers?

dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
FgNewbie
Australia

Default Re: Road resurfacing rant …

Considering they remove parked cars on clearways and for special events like City to Surf... I'd wonder if it was lack of communication between workers and council or lack of action by council.

Maybe Clover couldn't pull the cars behind her green byke bike.
FgNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Funny to think those people will also try and get compensation if any materials splash up on to their cars.
Old 14-09-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes i daresay they shoulda called tow trucks in.... but probably a lack of communication between departments.

Once a crew is there, they will no doubt have to start work, as if they try and reschedule the works it could take months!

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #5
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

I think your Lucky that they atleast made some sort of effort to fix the road. I am in Northern NSW and a road repair up here is gravel thrown over the affected area that lasts 5-6 day if they are lucky and is very dangerous

Factory v8 with turbonetics 67mm turbo, haltech ecu, aeromotive and raceworks fuel system, cobra intake and a few custom bits thrown in
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
RHR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The "repairs" i cant stand is from tar spraying.

Saw one of these trucks the other day. The problem with them is all the left over sticky rocks that go everywhere and as they are sticky they stick to the inside of the guards.

Its also a pain when an on coming car drives over a patch. Results in the crap being flicked up over the car
RHR is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #7
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHR

Saw one of these trucks the other day. The problem with them is all the left over sticky rocks that go everywhere and as they are sticky they stick to the inside of the guards.

Its also a pain when an on coming car drives over a patch. Results in the crap being flicked up over the car
Thats what we kinda get but I dont think they have ever heard of tar up here.

Factory v8 with turbonetics 67mm turbo, haltech ecu, aeromotive and raceworks fuel system, cobra intake and a few custom bits thrown in
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don’t get me started on the road itself … firstly its already narrow but they made it even narrower by installing these completely useless flower/plant pods … parking is now 45% instead of parallel how it used to be …

The road used to have a massive drop-off from the middle to the sides (like ½m at least …) they actually kept that and did not bother fixing … re-surfacing is done at a very small section at a time (about 100M) so the points where the different sections meet are not smooth ….

I have lived in a few so called 3rd world countries and I have never seen roads being laid in such a pathetic way before … the best example is when new asphalt is being laid by RTA worker using a shovels and then they stomp it with the shovels instead of using proper heavy machinery, It’s no wonder when it rains we get pot holes 1 week later …
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHR

And then the next time it rains you have a pothole there again.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post