Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-08-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
mr302xd
Formerly MR BAXR6t

Default Problems Problems!! Tick Tock Noise!

Hey guys.Pulled up to Maccas today and heard this loud kind of tick tock noise? It was coming from round the alternator coolant tank area?? I know i should go get it cheked by a mechanic but if i can avoid it that would b good.
I know tick tock noises could b anythin. But car has been runnnin a bit like a dogg latley a bit shuddery wen u get up it?

Any ideas woould really b appreciated!!!
Cheers

mr302xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

The last tick tock noise my car made was when piston 8 called it a day.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #3
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tick tock you say hey, hmmm
could be time - ing hehehe.
seriously is it a tick or a tock, anyway look for the simple things start it up in pitch black darkness and rev the sucker and see if the spark is jumping to earth. that can give a pretty good crack sometimes and would accound for the doggedness. with engine off pull all leads and sit them just over the plug. start up and one at a time pull away and check for variation in revs. if you find a cylinder that makes no difference, you have a prob at that point. swap plug with good cylinder and if still no good on that cylinder then comp test and look for broken valve spring or worse.
just one check to do of course for a small range of possibilities. It could also be the socket or spanner you lost last week rattling around in the engine bay.

P.S. care should be taken on high energy ign systems. use insulated pliers on leads or carefully grab well back from plug.
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2007, 10:01 PM   #4
mr302xd
Formerly MR BAXR6t

Definalty not a left spanner more of a contstant bang. Hopefully its nuthin too expencive!! Bloody cars! But we still luv em!
mr302xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2007, 10:50 PM   #5
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr auxr8
Definalty not a left spanner more of a contstant bang. Hopefully its nuthin too expencive!! Bloody cars! But we still luv em!
Ouch !! a bang sounds nasty, best be doing the checks and makin sure its nothin serious like a bent valve that the piston keeps kissing.
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post