Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 
Default Feet out the window - including driver - today

Yep, that is what i saw today on the trip home from Canberra to Newcastle.

A young bloke and 2 young girls, all aged early 20s travelling along the Hume Hwy south of Sydney just after Pheasants Nest in a bronze VT-VX Commodore with Qld rego ...-GAG (and i'm pretty sure i know the 3 numbers too) start to tailgate my wife not long after rejoining (5 mins?) after we had stopped for our/kids break.

So my wife changed lanes after finishing the overtake of the adjacent car and let the tailgaters past.

What i noticed first off, was that the front passenger had both her feet out and the rear left passenger had one foot out. I looked on in disbelief. They thought they were pretty damn cool. The girl thinking i was looking at them for being cool gave me the thumbs up. I shook my head. Then i noticed the DRIVER had his FEET out of the car and his seat was in the almost fully retracted / submarining position. He gave me the 'Hang Ten' sign. At which time i pointed at them and then pretended to pull a trigger to my head.

I copped some verbal (which i couldn't hear) and a middle finger for this. I tried to take a picture on my phone, but it didn't seem to work and they got away too quickly from us before tailgating other cars still with the drivers and passengers feet out the window.

Considering this is 1000 km from the Queensland border, is it any wonder that Commodore drivers are over represented in the road toll with such small immature minds.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #2
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

smelly feet??...
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #3
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

although bloody stupid... it could have happened in any car... not just a commodore...

Unfortunatley for all involved, natural selection will sort them out...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #4
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

-Young people are stupid
-Commo drivers are idiots.
-Thread locked

Sorry that is how this thread is going to run its course.

What you saw is disturbing and had you got a good video you could have turned them in and Today Tonight could have had a field day.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
Considering this is 1000 km from the Queensland border, is it any wonder that Commodore drivers are over represented in the road toll with such small immature minds.
The car has nothing to do with there immature behavior mate, let's not get this thread started off by throwing in the usual Holden cheap shots. It's getting old.

But you're correct, they are immature and are most likely brainless idiots who think they are invincible. See it all too often.
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
Muzz Landau

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD Chaser
although bloody stupid... it could have happened in any car... not just a commodore...

Unfortunatley for all involved, natural selection will sort them out...

My thoughts exactly. Their stupidity has more to do with their age and care free nature rather than the type of car they are travelling in.
Muzz Landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 10:02 PM   #7
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Holden bashing is seriously getting tiresome on this forum. It is absolutely cronic and off putting.
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #8
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzz Landau
My thoughts exactly. Their stupidity has more to do with their age and care free nature rather than the type of car they are travelling in.
Probably so in regards to age, but i see that sort of passenger behaviour so often and a damn large chunk are in Commodores. And it isn't just people their age, they are often my age (early 30s) and older.

I personally don't appreciate having my families life at risk for care-free aka stupid people. Nor the idea as a taxpayer of paying to look after 3 quadriplegics for the rest of their electromechanically operated lifes.

It's inarguable that young people are over-represented in too many crashes, but the same can easily be said of Commodores too where they are ripped apart in two or whatever else.

It is however the first time i've seen a driver do it. Hence the reason for the original post.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #9
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know this isn't a constructive comment, but most psychologists and sociologists recognise that stereotypes wouldn't exist if they weren't true to a certain extent. What the OP witnessed is a stereotype in the flesh.

Oh and just to back up my claim, according to this article, 50% of hoon vehicles impounded in Vic were Holdens...

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/car-...-1225898002426
Old 31-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #10
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick_1010
I know this isn't a constructive comment, but most psychologists and sociologists recognise that stereotypes wouldn't exist if they weren't true to a certain extent. What the OP witnessed is a stereotype in the flesh.
That probably holds true, most stereo typres will just follow other peoples lead. So they all buy the same clothes, wear their caps sideways, buy the same type of car...

Just up the road are two sets of flats which total 12 units.
There are on average 22cars parked on the road/ footpath
Out of that there are 8 commodore utes and one noisy Lancer with annoying exhaust tone.... And guess which car drivers can be heard acting the morons 99% of the time???

On the flip side a guy i work with owns a commodore ute and is a young 20something.... he doesnt follow that trend.

But the fact remains the commodore is very popular with the younger male generation hence the fact that a lot of them will spin tyres, race etc etc....

I rarely see a young 20yr old in a Falcon here, hence I will rarely see young person acting like an idiot in a Falcon (though obviously it does happen).

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #11
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow that's game of them. I mean maybe the passengers I could sort of understand. Long road trip maybe just getting a little uncomfortable and wants to stretch their legs a bit, but the driver? Very dangerous.

Now no attempt to fuel a bashing on Commodores and the people that drive them. However, 4 good friends of mine have lost their probationary license. 1 drives a Falcon.. Guess what the other 3 drive..
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #12
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
Yep, that is what i saw today on the trip home from Canberra to Newcastle.

A young bloke and 2 young girls, all aged early 20s travelling along the Hume Hwy south of Sydney just after Pheasants Nest in a bronze VT-VX Commodore with Qld rego ...-GAG (and i'm pretty sure i know the 3 numbers too) start to tailgate my wife not long after rejoining (5 mins?) after we had stopped for our/kids break.

So my wife changed lanes after finishing the overtake of the adjacent car and let the tailgaters past.

What i noticed first off, was that the front passenger had both her feet out and the rear left passenger had one foot out. I looked on in disbelief. They thought they were pretty damn cool. The girl thinking i was looking at them for being cool gave me the thumbs up. I shook my head. Then i noticed the DRIVER had his FEET out of the car and his seat was in the almost fully retracted / submarining position. He gave me the 'Hang Ten' sign. At which time i pointed at them and then pretended to pull a trigger to my head.

I copped some verbal (which i couldn't hear) and a middle finger for this. I tried to take a picture on my phone, but it didn't seem to work and they got away too quickly from us before tailgating other cars still with the drivers and passengers feet out the window.

i havent seen the drivers feet out the window..
but the passengers feet, whell nothing new .. i have lost count on how many i have seen..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #13
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

As above, passengers is not a huge deal but the driver well thats just plain stupid.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #14
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We encountered a stereotype on our way home today. Car came screaming up behind us and was dangerously tailgating us whilst travelling at 110km/h. My wife was driving and passing another car with another car in front of us. We eventually got past the car and moved back over in to the left lane to only have this car fly past us with the passenger hanging out the window giving us a verbal spray.
They then tailgated the car in front and lather, rinse, repeat...
The car? Well, it was an EA/EB Falcon Wagon. The stereotype was a socio-economic one, not what car they drive.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #15
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
The Holden bashing is seriously getting tiresome on this forum. It is absolutely cronic and off putting.
Because observations of poor or really really dumb behaviour involve a model of that make.

I love some Holden, but admit I was praying for the end of GM under the GFC, only because of 'that model', who's occupant and buyer set would move into ore models and makes, IF they had gone under.

No offense.

Get fools in Falcons too, but that other model, man!
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #16
dogfish

The movie Death Proof Would make any one want to stop putting their Legs out the Window.

THE TOY:2003 CV8R Monaro 6Spd Manual.
dogfish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #17
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Idiocracy...it's happening!

Had they died, people would have said,"He wasn't a silly driver or a hoon, and he certainly didn't like attention. He loved his mother and gave to charity. He was a hero! He saved his pet rock's life."

Same crap all the time. People like this need to be severely injured in their car for them to learn anything. Other people's stories of horror just don't seem to be enough...

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #18
burnz
VFII SS UTE

on a positive note,, i see a lot of ladies wearing mini skirts with their feet on the dash...

is that dangerous for me or them??
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #19
Keepleft
Mot Adv-NSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
on a positive note,, i see a lot of ladies wearing mini skirts with their feet on the dash...

is that dangerous for me or them??
Just don't jump out the window when on the move to grab em?

Dunno what the fine is in NSW.
Keepleft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #20
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Pity you didn't take a photo, I'm sure the coppers would be interested.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 05:51 PM   #21
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
I agree and a balanced approach must be maintained, therefore could you help me locate an intelligent Holden site/forum where I can improve relationships?
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #22
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

No offence to the OP but it sounds like you've edited the event to make them sound like satans children >.<

Feet out the window is nothing, but if the driver was doing it, that's just bloody stupid :\

ALSO DEY WUZ DRIVUNG KOMODOR, THARFOR DEY IZ STOOPID
I didn't think to abuse the OP for commodore bashing just because he stated the car?
Stop trying to be so right wing everyone
Im sure if he said they where in a 180SX you all woulda flamed for rice bashing :\
Old 01-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #23
TheZHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good luck hitting the brakes
TheZHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #24
ebxr8240
Performance moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical advice. 

Bad choice on on two options...Feet and vehicle...Lol...

Last time I had my feet...Ah don't want to go there....
Dart 330ci block turbo black pearl EBXR8 482 rwkw..
Daily driver GTE FG..
Projects http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=107711
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...8+turbo&page=4
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #25
ThaFlash
Trusted Seller

i must be fick, still trying to work out the rego.....
ThaFlash is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #26
fmc351
let it burn

Bloody Nike wearers, they're all the same. Both with or without their shoes on.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #27
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

should have pulled back in front of them and brake-tested them. Might have waken them up.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #28
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did you ring 000 and report them, if not, why not? I wouldn't have hesitated, and I would have let them see me do it.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #29
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

report them when instead you can get a pic to post on the internets? spending too much time on YB Trev?
Old 01-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #30
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

YB is great, I love stirring those poor buggers - LOL

Now over there, someone would have pulled out a weapon and shot the passenger as a warning - LOL

What is your login over there?