Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
Day-mow
rexnet

Default catch raditor coolant

i need to drain my radiator to take it out and i was wondering if anyone new how i could use the coolant in it again as its about 2 weeks old.

thanks

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Follow me on twitter @ Day_mow
Day-mow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Sox
RIP...

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: As recommended by Ropcher. Personifies the spirit of AFF. 

Catch it with some buckets and pour it back in.
Old 30-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
Glen 5150
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just buy some new stuff and be done with it. Think Tectaloy concentrate around $10 Super Cheap? Cheaper than a 6 pack, or a packet of smokes.
Glen 5150 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2010, 09:03 AM   #4
Day-mow
rexnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150gk
Just buy some new stuff and be done with it. Think Tectaloy concentrate around $10 Super Cheap? Cheaper than a 6 pack, or a packet of smokes.
yeah might end up doing that. altho i dont smoke or drink. soo i wouldn't know :P

Remember it is the internet,So beware of trolls, If you argue with trolls the kids will laugh at you

Old 30-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
Glen 5150
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
yeah might end up doing that. altho i dont smoke or drink. soo i wouldn't know :P
Me either mate, just saying how cheap it is thats all. When you consider you probably use the car to get to work, so it pays for your lifestyle and puts a wage in your pocket, $10 is nothing. All the best with it.
Old 30-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
Day-mow
rexnet

yeah pretty much. just me being tight (legit got that trait from dad)

Old 30-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #7
Glen 5150
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
yeah pretty much. just me being tight (legit got that trait from dad)
Sounds like we may have the same Father? Maybe lash out on the real expensive stuff mate, $20 twice as good and last twice as long......they reckon. Stick with Tectaloy mate its about the best on the market i reckon. Cheers bud.
Old 30-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #8
Day-mow
rexnet

just got cheap stuff. one of the ends on my radiator is broken :(
sooo i'll get a new radiator then! i'll get sic stuff

Old 31-10-2010, 03:25 AM   #9
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150gk
Think Tectaloy concentrate around $10 Super Cheap?
I've had a good look at all those products, and if you're only paying $10, then you are not getting a concentrate that will do 15 litres. tectaloy does a cocnetrate for $20 that will do 15 litres, but it is only rust-inhibitor, not antifreeze/antiboil. The green Nulon at $35 is good stuff.
Day-mow, I've saved the coolant a few times (new stuff I didn't want to waste). First I syphon the plastic tank empty, then I remove the bottom hose off the plastic tank, and stick the syphon right down the hose and siphon the rest out. End up only wasting a few drops when you remove the hose off the tank.

Last edited by AMB; 31-10-2010 at 03:31 AM.
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2010, 03:29 AM   #10
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Nulon Long life coolant is the best bang for buck in terms of coolant.

But yeh, 2 x 99cent buckets would do the trick.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post