Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #1
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default that bloody actuator

The second one has decided to give up, it grinds but what happens when i lock the car is it locks and grinds then unlocks and toots as if to tell me a door is open, last time when one went (rear) it didn't lock then unlock and tell me a doors open, so whats wrong this time? BTW it's the front passenger. quite a pain as the car won't lock any doors now :

Would just a new actuator fix it or something else as well?

GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
rosebush

Very Easy...fix it yourself if you can spare $30 and 30mins...Very possible the worm gear has broken inside (Like mine)...Ebay dude sells them for $35 includes postage...remove the old one open up the 3 screws on casing and if your white plastic gear wheel inside looks snapped in half (I bet it is) just replace that part screw back together and put back in...Plenty instructions on here on how to do that, and If i can then you can...Mine is doing the exact thing as yours, trys to lock then unlocks and toots horn after a grinding sound...for now just manually lock car with key not your smart lock(But you will find the buggered one will stay unlocked, but at least the others are locked) or you could buy a reconditioned who thing for about $80 and just put it in too...Let me know if you need a link on how to take out the actuator, but its easy remeber they ol saying "Anything a girl can do a guy can do better" well dont know about better but but id expect you to be able to do it...goodluck
rosebush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers will get onto ebay and look around for parts, was playing havoc with the alarm system as well, all sorted now though cheers for the info, +rep
Old 17-03-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

This guy is good, and quick.... I've bought two from him in the past... reco $65 with a 2 year guarantee.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/STRUT...Q_scZ1QQ_sopZ1
Old 19-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers gasolane, grabbed one from that bloke and just installed it. BUT i need someones expertise. The car now locks fine but when i unlock it tries to unlock 3 more times in quick succession, also upon opening the door it tries to unlock in the same manner.

any clues?
Old 19-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
cheers gasolane, grabbed one from that bloke and just installed it. BUT i need someones expertise. The car now locks fine but when i unlock it tries to unlock 3 more times in quick succession, also upon opening the door it tries to unlock in the same manner.

any clues?
Sorry, you've got me there. Mine just plugged straight in and have worked fine since.

Hopefully someone else will know.
Old 20-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #7
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just to add, the car does this whenever you open the door inside handle or outside, also it started doing it on unlock when i started using the key when the pass side actuator was stuffed, since replacing that it's become worse, anyone know if this is a BEM problem?
Old 21-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
sd1800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
This guy is good, and quick.... I've bought two from him in the past... reco $65 with a 2 year guarantee.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/STRUT...Q_scZ1QQ_sopZ1
Thanks for the link. I just came accross the problem yesterday...

Now......
2012 FG MK2 XR6 Turbo
- Manual & Luxury Pack
- 302rwkw

2019 Escape St-Line
sd1800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post