Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Default Fiesta Melbourne Motor Show

So...... I went to the Melbourne Motor show yesterday, and i was glad to see like 8 Fiestas on display. I was also glad to see how many people liked it and thinking again about Ford and Fiesta. The best feeling though is the fact
that i drove to the Melbourne motorshow in a Fiestaa...

I know im rubbing it in for some people, but i had to say it.. Sorryyyy....

Ps. If anyone happens to go, be sure to check out my design there. Its under the 2020 VACC competition. Im a Finalist and designed a bike taxi under the name Bryan Lee.

-b.

bdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #2
Zetec Dave

Hey hey...I just got back from the Motor show today and was also happy to see a Fiesta Zetec on show. Just so good to see and touch it in the metal. However it was kinda like a good and bad thing at the same time though cause although I get to see it, I'm still also waiting for mine to arrive. The wait is so painful its driving me nuts :
Anyway, I usually look at everything that's displayed at the motor show but for some reason I forgot about the design section this year cause the wifey kept pulling me back to see the bmw's. Hmm speaking of which I just realised that Mercedes and Ferrari was a no show this time around. Bummer.
Oh well, still don't mind going again with my cousin before it concludes for 2009. The two main cars I loved and spent plenty of time with were the new Lexus ISF and the new BMW M3 sedan. Can't wait to graduate. Cause when I do, BMW M3/Lexus ISF here I come!!! :eclipsee_
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

For the love of god a BMW M3 please. ISF is nowhere near the calibre of an M3.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdesigns
Im a Finalist and designed a bike taxi under the name Bryan Lee.
I'm dissappointed now Bryan. I always thought the photo in your avatar was you!!!!! :
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
bdesigns
Joy Ride

hahahahahahaha now ull have nightmares.. lol
Old 04-03-2009, 01:05 AM   #6
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
I'm dissappointed now Bryan. I always thought the photo in your avatar was you!!!!! :
Well mate, you know the saying, if its too good to be true then it probably isn't!!! But it would have been nice for a pretty girl to have such an interest in cars though eh?
Old 04-03-2009, 01:24 AM   #7
Zetec Dave

By the way I would love the M3 if cash was no object. Couldn't stop dreaming of it since my visit to the motor show. The feel of quality is just absolutely top notch. But just cringeing at the on road price tag with a few options though :nutsycuck
But for the price of 1 M3 on the road with options, i could get both the Lexus ISF and a Mini Cooper S Chilli. Now thats wat I call fun :eclipsee_ I figured since you can't really explore the full potential of the car on the road and I won't be taking it onto a track, i might as well get something that has everything at a decent price and still be able to get myself a pocket rocket for city driving.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:02 AM   #8
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
Well mate, you know the saying, if its too good to be true then it probably isn't!!! But it would have been nice for a pretty girl to have such an interest in cars though eh?

hahaha.. well my gf, who happens to be pretty and has a massive interest in cars. She does the same coarse as me, and you can also see her design at the motor show 2020 VACC comp. Her name is Minh Huynh and she designed a 3 wheeler.

lucky me ey? lol
Old 04-03-2009, 02:35 AM   #9
Zetec Dave

Yup lucky you!!! i met my wife at uni too while studying nursing. She was so pretty she swept me off my feet. Problem is, now that we're married, she nags a lot just like most wives. But then again hearing her nag is a good thing as it mean she cares. But I suppose your sense of hearing becomes selective after a while as you automatically tune out the nagging. problem is it gets you into trouble later as you tuned out what she just asked you to do beforehand.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #10
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

^^ So So SO SO true ^^
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #11
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Yup lucky you!!! i met my wife at uni too while studying nursing. She was so pretty she swept me off my feet. Problem is, now that we're married, she nags a lot just like most wives. But then again hearing her nag is a good thing as it mean she cares. But I suppose your sense of hearing becomes selective after a while as you automatically tune out the nagging. problem is it gets you into trouble later as you tuned out what she just asked you to do beforehand.

hahaha.. man.. i can imagin.. i even have problems now and shes not even my wife.. lol.

Since design is such a competitive coarse, sometimes i find it hard to be in a relationship with both of us in design. So many up and down moments lol.. oh well.. i guess thats a relationship lol.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #12
Zetec Dave

Quote:
hahaha.. man.. i can imagin.. i even have problems now and shes not even my wife.. lol.

Since design is such a competitive coarse, sometimes i find it hard to be in a relationship with both of us in design. So many up and down moments lol.. oh well.. i guess thats a relationship lol.

Yeah I completely agree that's why when we graduated, I decided to work at a different hospital to hers so there's no competition or comparison there. Ha Ha Ha...Best to keep work and family like seperate otherwise you'll be argueing 27/7 like it never ends/closes just like seven eleven.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #13
bdesigns
Joy Ride

hahahahaha... yeah man.. i hear u.. lol

cant imaging how crazy that would be.. lol.. -.-
Old 04-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #14
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
That's what I thought as well ...

So who is that in your Avatar Bryan?
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2009, 01:02 AM   #15
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjh80
That's what I thought as well ...

So who is that in your Avatar Bryan?

Ah.. cant remember her name.. but i use her in my avatar for most of my forums.

Shes some Japanese model. lol
Old 05-03-2009, 01:42 AM   #16
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Hmmm... typed in Japanese Model into Google Image search, but couldn't work out which one was her... ROFL
Old 05-03-2009, 01:59 AM   #17
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My wife usually interupts her storys after about 30 seconds and says are you even listening?! and I'll repeat the 3 words I caught. Yep sure, Bob is going to the moon?. And she goes GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and repeats everything and I sometimes might catch a 4th word the second time around :p lol. But after so many years of being screamed at and asked to do things you didn't want to do it all ends up a blur . I know they never learn but if they ever did get clued up on males, walked up to you in a half a lingerie and said follow me I've got a story to tell you, You might never forget where Bob went
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #18
oldsoftboss

Small world. Got this text message yeserday....

One day, a long time ago in a land far away there lived a woman who did not nag, whine or b i t c h . But it was just one day, and a *** long time ago.
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #19
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Must be something about nursing, Lucky my other half works on a different ward.

Anyway, can I ask how much was admission to the motor show?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #20
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Must be something about nursing, Lucky my other half works on a different ward.

Anyway, can I ask how much was admission to the motor show?
So wat area of nursing are in? I'm in psych. Wife's in neuro/palliative.

Admissions prices were; concessions (e.g. students etc) $15, General adult admission $20
Old 06-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #21
Zetec Dave

Hey Bryan, I went to the Motorshow again today with a mate of mine and this time round I had a good look at the taxi design concept you did. Great work I must say. You definately have talent. I also must agree with you when you said earlier that its challenging having a missus who's in design too cause I rekon her one was awesome. Definately either on par with yours or possibly even a slight bit better. But then i guess everyone has a different taste and preference. But all in all great work well done. Keep it up.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:53 AM   #22
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Hey Bryan, I went to the Motorshow again today with a mate of mine and this time round I had a good look at the taxi design concept you did. Great work I must say. You definately have talent. I also must agree with you when you said earlier that its challenging having a missus who's in design too cause I rekon her one was awesome. Definately either on par with yours or possibly even a slight bit better. But then i guess everyone has a different taste and preference. But all in all great work well done. Keep it up.
HAhaha..
Thats awesome u saw my work! good to hear!

haha your only siding with her coz shes a girl lol.. but yeah.. hers was pretty sweet..

Yeah, we both doin honours this year..which is gonna be a big massive year. Expected to be spending 10k on our projects (prototype etc.)

Ill be designing a futuristic police vehicle and my gf will be designing a car interior which consist of one material for a funded client project or sumthing.

Its a one year project and i wouldnt mind keeping you guys up to date with my designs.

Also, if anyone here is a policeman by any chance, it would be awesome to talk to you ^^

We will be having an exhibition at Monash Caulfield end of year so ill remind you guys to come when its closest. Would be awesome to see!

Anyways...., im off to bed.. another big day ahead tomroorw.

ciaoo
Old 07-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #23
Zetec Dave

Yup definately keep us up to date with your design work. Would be very interesting to attend the Monash exhibition. I'll go the moment you give me the invite. Meanwhile, keep up the good work.

P.S. I was looking at the prototype/models on display and was scratching my head thinking "man it must cost a fair bit of coin and resources to make these models cause they're damn good" just like the full size concept cars.

Quote:
HAhaha..
Thats awesome u saw my work! good to hear!

haha your only siding with her coz shes a girl lol.. but yeah.. hers was pretty sweet..

Yeah, we both doin honours this year..which is gonna be a big massive year. Expected to be spending 10k on our projects (prototype etc.)

Ill be designing a futuristic police vehicle and my gf will be designing a car interior which consist of one material for a funded client project or sumthing.

Its a one year project and i wouldnt mind keeping you guys up to date with my designs.

Also, if anyone here is a policeman by any chance, it would be awesome to talk to you ^^

We will be having an exhibition at Monash Caulfield end of year so ill remind you guys to come when its closest. Would be awesome to see!

Anyways...., im off to bed.. another big day ahead tomroorw.

ciaoo
Old 07-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #24
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Yup definately keep us up to date with your design work. Would be very interesting to attend the Monash exhibition. I'll go the moment you give me the invite. Meanwhile, keep up the good work.

P.S. I was looking at the prototype/models on display and was scratching my head thinking "man it must cost a fair bit of coin and resources to make these models cause they're damn good" just like the full size concept cars.

yeah man, alot of blood sweat and tears go into those models. The winning model on the show costed the guy around 7k i think. But i think the most expensive this year was about 11k. Just giving you an idea of the cost, usually the rims on the models will cost about 500-1000 each since they kinda need to be rapidprototyped (print 3D). Its just crazy when u think about it since you can buy real good rims for that price.

Heres an example the i love of an awesome model that a student from europe made:

I hope mines gonan look better than that end of year.. hehe..
Old 07-03-2009, 06:01 PM   #25
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll be working all throughout the long weekend *shakes fist*, so I won't be able to go to the MMS =(

bdesigns, do you have a photo of your work from the show?
Old 07-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #26
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
I'll be working all throughout the long weekend *shakes fist*, so I won't be able to go to the MMS =(

bdesigns, do you have a photo of your work from the show?

yup yup.. here it is..

its not so great but then again, i am pretty young so yeah.. alot more to learn in life hehe.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:30 AM   #27
Zetec Dave

Looks and sounds great. Definately keep us posted on your projects.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #28
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Whoa! That looks really good! Must be awesome doing a design course!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:02 PM   #29
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
Whoa! That looks really good! Must be awesome doing a design course!

hahah yeah, its pretty awesome but people dont understand its not just all drawing and fun.. Its purely hardcore stress with blood sweat and tears and cost so much to do.
Example of hours needed to do well, about 12 hours of work a day to do well. Lol..
Example of the cost, well, the markers we use cost about 8bucks each and they run out pretty fast. A bleedproof pad of 50 pages is about 15$ - 20$ which is pretty much gone every 2 weeks.. and then if you go into material cost for projects and stuff, well.. this year is 10k lol..

but all in all, its better than reading a book ey? lol