Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 09-02-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Jeremy Loves The New Fiesta !!

Top Gear tonight had a test on the new Fiesta. The race with the 'vette thru the shopping centre was hilarious !!! BUT the beach landing from a Marine landing craft was brilliant !!! That would make a good ad !! Make people take notice of the new Fiesta. Good one Jeremy!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
Hermen

Was kinda brilliant wasn't it? Another stroke of brilliance: Is it Green? (show pictures of green fiesta) Jeremy: Yes.
I think the fiesta did a better job with the marines than Toyota's ad for the Yaris on an Aircraft carrier?
Hermen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pity all the stock is almost all sold out allready and you have to wait till June/July to get the colour you want. Ford really misjudged this one, If you want to sell things to girls you need them in stock right now and in the prettiest colours you can find. My wifes picking hers up tomorrow, a Zetec in moondust Silver not what she wanted but she knew the review was going to air tonight and figured since demand is allready so high and it was only going to get worse after topgear aired then she better get whatever she can before all the girls hit the Ford dealers tomorrow and buy the last few that are still in the country
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #4
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FORD had the same problem when the MONDEO was released. Don't FORD learn from their mistakes ???????
Old 09-02-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
ZDHLANE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talking

Think they look good for a small car :

What a Corker! Those ratbags keep pushing the boundaries....
Really, i wonder how much persuasion $$$$$$ it took to get approval to do that?

I still think the brits have got the show down pat. Pretty high bar for the ozzie version to match.
1997 El Futura Saphire 11 Wagon
1985 xf Fairmont sedan
ZDHLANE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #6
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfoam
Pity all the stock is almost all sold out allready and you have to wait till June/July to get the colour you want. Ford really misjudged this one, If you want to sell things to girls you need them in stock right now and in the prettiest colours you can find. My wifes picking hers up tomorrow, a Zetec in moondust Silver not what she wanted but she knew the review was going to air tonight and figured since demand is allready so high and it was only going to get worse after topgear aired then she better get whatever she can before all the girls hit the Ford dealers tomorrow and buy the last few that are still in the country
I think the stock issues relate to global demand. We're currently getting German built cars but that means we get a smaller allocation until the Thailand factory comes on line next year. Personally I would be putting up with the wait for a German built one and I'm hoping if an XR4 does get released that it comes from the ST factory like the XR5.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yeah I guess its an oldish ep but that segment had me in stiches and I have seen it before.

Cool little car, but god the Corvette is horn; so much better than the stang.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2009, 04:31 AM   #8
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
I think the stock issues relate to global demand. We're currently getting German built cars but that means we get a smaller allocation until the Thailand factory comes on line next year. Personally I would be putting up with the wait for a German built one and I'm hoping if an XR4 does get released that it comes from the ST factory like the XR5.
Yeah that's pretty much what I figured was going on and we agreed better to get a German one than a Thai one. She got the zetec today in moonlight silver and I have to admit it looks and drives fantastic. I can't ever remember seeing any normal car (anything other than exotics really) that I liked the look of this much upon release, along with the turbo Focus it made everything else in Fords yard look pretty average.

It's very solid on the highway although having never driven any car under about 4 litres in capacity before I'm not sure what I think bout this 3000 rev cruising action seems a bit crazy to me.

I'll update on its day to day fuel economy in about a weeks time. It doesn't seem to have an option for instant fuel consumption display so that's a bit of a bummer unless it's some secret combination of buttons I haven't discovered. The car is very low it is at the front, it's got no chance at all of being able to poke it's nose over anything other than a very low concrete gutter. Other than that I'd say it's perfect.

One other thing I noticed is that it seems to have no sound deadner in the car, you can actualy hear the flower buds from dandelions smacking into the floor, but thats all fine with me, the less weight the better

Last edited by greenfoam; 11-02-2009 at 04:38 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Yeah that's pretty much what I figured was going on and we agreed better to get a German one than a Thai one. She got the zetec today in moonlight silver and I have to admit it looks and drives fantastic. I can't ever remember seeing any normal car (anything other than exotics really) that I liked the look of this much upon release, along with the turbo Focus it made everything else in Fords yard look pretty average.

It's very solid on the highway although having never driven any car under about 4 litres in capacity before I'm not sure what I think bout this 3000 rev cruising action seems a bit crazy to me.

I'll update on its day to day fuel economy in about a weeks time. It doesn't seem to have an option for instant fuel consumption display so that's a bit of a bummer unless it's some secret combination of buttons I haven't discovered. The car is very low it is at the front, it's got no chance at all of being able to poke it's nose over anything other than a very low concrete gutter. Other than that I'd say it's perfect.

One other thing I noticed is that it seems to have no sound deadner in the car, you can actualy hear the flower buds from dandelions smacking into the floor, but thats all fine with me, the less weight the better

Sounds awesome!

I just bought a Zetec last Wednesday in Sea grey colour coz i also thought when the Topgear episode airs, there would be a hard chance in getting the car. :
However, im still waiting on the car the come... he said it should arrive sometime in feb..

If i may ask, how much did your wife purchase it? did she get manual?
bdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
Walt Kowalski
I use brain. Not hip.

Don't know what rock I have been under but saw one on display at a dealer (ourtside my local area) on Monday morning when driving past.

Had no idea what it was but thought $15750, why can't Ford do something like that? At the time I assumed it was a Mazda or something by the striking appearance.

Really good advert on TV last night got me in too.
Actually rewound it to see what it was!

A Fiesta eh? So that was what that little car was on monday. Fantastic.

Must be an overseas ad or has FoA sacked its staff and agency and started fresh!?

Should sell like hotcakes I reckon.

Funny how the front bumper has FPV overtones.
Walt Kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #11
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdesigns
Sounds awesome!

I just bought a Zetec last Wednesday in Sea grey colour coz i also thought when the Topgear episode airs, there would be a hard chance in getting the car. :
However, im still waiting on the car the come... he said it should arrive sometime in feb..

If i may ask, how much did your wife purchase it? did she get manual?
Yep she got the manual, I don't think there were any auto's around at the moment and the manual comes with a bit bigger engine and is a bit better on fuel so that's good since shes driving it on the highway alot.

We picked it up two days ago now and she is really happy with it, I found a almost instantaneous fuel reading too. you can select different displays with the trip meter button on the end of the indicator stalk and then you hold that down to reset the average fuel usage (since the last time you reset it) so if you are cruising along and push that it will tell you how much fuel you are using. Where we live the roads are faily coarse and it sits on about 5.9-6.0 l/100 at the moment but I expect it will get better once the engines run in, hopefully down to 5.5 or less.

She paid 22,900 registered and on the road ready to go for the Zetec manual. You might get it a little cheaper in the cities. I could have got one for a few hudred less near here (that had no cars in stock) but the local dealer didn't want to go any lower nor did anyone else that had a car in stock, some wouldn't even go under retail price at all.

You should have no problems getting sea grey or red. I was told the next ship that arrives (this month) has Sea Grey and Red ones on it that weren't all sold as of a couple of weeks ago, but most of the other colours are sold out until the next time they build some for Australia in May (they will be here in June/July).

I can't even remember the last time I saw a new car that I liked the look of so much on first sight, they are very pretty little things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qstd3BKex5o

There's a link to the review for anyone that missed it
Old 13-02-2009, 03:45 AM   #12
bdesigns
Joy Ride

Quote:
Yep she got the manual, I don't think there were any auto's around at the moment and the manual comes with a bit bigger engine and is a bit better on fuel so that's good since shes driving it on the highway alot.

We picked it up two days ago now and she is really happy with it, I found a almost instantaneous fuel reading too. you can select different displays with the trip meter button on the end of the indicator stalk and then you hold that down to reset the average fuel usage (since the last time you reset it) so if you are cruising along and push that it will tell you how much fuel you are using. Where we live the roads are faily coarse and it sits on about 5.9-6.0 l/100 at the moment but I expect it will get better once the engines run in, hopefully down to 5.5 or less.

She paid 22,900 registered and on the road ready to go for the Zetec manual. You might get it a little cheaper in the cities. I could have got one for a few hudred less near here (that had no cars in stock) but the local dealer didn't want to go any lower nor did anyone else that had a car in stock, some wouldn't even go under retail price at all.

You should have no problems getting sea grey or red. I was told the next ship that arrives (this month) has Sea Grey and Red ones on it that weren't all sold as of a couple of weeks ago, but most of the other colours are sold out until the next time they build some for Australia in May (they will be here in June/July).

I can't even remember the last time I saw a new car that I liked the look of so much on first sight, they are very pretty little things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qstd3BKex5o

There's a link to the review for anyone that missed it

Ahh.. sweeet.. thanks for the tips!

Its good to know that theres Seagrey in the coming shipment, because the dealer did tell me i will be getting it sometime this month so now i can relax a bit more and not worry that he is jibbing me.

Yea, i bought my car at a ford dealership in the city for 22k inc some extras so i think i got a pretty good deal for a car that just came in.

However, before that dealer, i was going to some local dealer that was pretty bad and kept changing his mind with the price. One minute he will say that he can sell it at a certain price, then 10 mins later, he will come back and chuck on a couple more thousand. lol.

Man, hearing you say all those awesome features just makes me cant wait to explore some of the hidden stuff. Cant wait to just sit in the car and press all the buttons lol..

Anyways, gonan post more on the other post

Thanks again!

-b.
bdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #13
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw the top gear Fiesta Episode a few months back and like the look of it. If you like top gear that much wait to you see the Episode 8 very funny (vietnam special)
Now back to it, I had a look at one today and my local ford dealer only had CL so that didn't help. Other than that nice and roomy too. I'll be going back on Monday take it for a test drive and get some prices.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post