Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
fordman_01
DUB

Default AU1 exhaust issues

hey guys, i have recently got my car lowered with king lows all round and now my zorst is touching the diff and that other bar next to it (lol sorry i dont know much about these things) anyways i have taken the car to the exhaust shop 3 times already and it is still touching. they have told me that i might not be able to get it fixed because my car is lowered. last night drove around a shopping centre with speedbumps and had 3 mates in the car, every speed bump the exhasut rattled on something and sounded really bad.

anyone else had this issue with their AU1? oh i have 20" wheels could this be a issue?

cheers neil.

fordman_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
poolkeeper
Its Resonating!

Same problem here
Not enough clearance over the axel, I have about 30mm clearance

Does it make like a "chatter chatter" noise turning quite sharp right with speed??
poolkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
fordman_01
DUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1XR2C
Same problem here
Not enough clearance over the axel, I have about 30mm clearance

Does it make like a "chatter chatter" noise turning quite sharp right with speed??
um yeh it does sometimes. but usually when i have people in the car and when i go over speedbumps even at slow speeds it still goes clunk. its really annoying.
Old 16-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #4
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

Your chatter chatter sound will probably be the muffler hitting the tailshaft, being that it does it when turning right, if it is, the muffler should be moved slightly to fix the problem.
Old 17-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
fordman_01
DUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0whiteaughia
Your chatter chatter sound will probably be the muffler hitting the tailshaft, being that it does it when turning right, if it is, the muffler should be moved slightly to fix the problem.
oh ok. yeh im going in tomorrow for a 4th time to see if they can fix it. if not ill jsut get a refund and leave it as it is..
Old 17-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #6
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My car is lowered (SL) and no issues with exhaust.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #7
jjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman_01
hey guys, i have recently got my car lowered with king lows all round and now my zorst is touching the diff and that other bar next to it (lol sorry i dont know much about these things) anyways i have taken the car to the exhaust shop 3 times already and it is still touching. they have told me that i might not be able to get it fixed because my car is lowered. last night drove around a shopping centre with speedbumps and had 3 mates in the car, every speed bump the exhasut rattled on something and sounded really bad.

anyone else had this issue with their AU1? oh i have 20" wheels could this be a issue?

cheers neil.
Get the exhaust shop to weld a new shorter hanger off the main back muffler. This will raise the muffler higher and the rest of the system higher too.. I had to get this done on my EL and it fixed the problem...
jjj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #8
fordman_01
DUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjj
Get the exhaust shop to weld a new shorter hanger off the main back muffler. This will raise the muffler higher and the rest of the system higher too.. I had to get this done on my EL and it fixed the problem...
yeh i will mention that to them tomorrow when i go in. hopefully its all sweet then. cheers mate
Old 17-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #9
DoreSlamR
Fiat POWAAH!

I would go to another exhaust shop if they can't work out what needs to be done.
DoreSlamR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #10
fordman_01
DUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoreSlamR
I would go to another exhaust shop if they can't work out what needs to be done.
as i last resort i probably will
Old 18-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #11
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

dump it before the diff.

problem solved.
ON_DUBS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post