Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
Bolly
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default STRANGE Happenings????

The car is a AU2 XR8..... 1 month ago i parked and locked the car in a shopping centre using the remote, 2 hours later i noticed as i was walking towards the left side of the car that the left front door was slightly open and the rest of the doors were in the unlocked position..Instantly i thought i was broken into. But strangely no damage to the door and nothing was taken, i even left the GPS on the window and couldnt believe it was still there.
So i figured i forgot to alarm the car and the person who opened the door saw me coming and ran off...So i left it at that..
Well it happened again?? Today!! This time i went to see the Doc and parked the car, this time I know i used the remote to lock the car, went to the boot to get something out, as i walked passed the car ( Driver side ) i pulled on the door handles on the rear and front drivers side doors just to make sure the car was locked.. Came back to the car half hour later and noticed the driver door lock button was up and the driver rear door was slightly opened, checked inside and nothing was taken, GPS was still in the glove box plus around $20 of change,nothing taken? and no forced damage anywhere.
I now have locked the car in the garage for 2 hours and is stilled locked, thinking some sort of electronic problem with the Alarm system..
My other way of thinking is that someone is using some type of decoding device and iv`e been lucky and came back in time to the car before they went through it.. : Has anyone come across this problem???
Cheers

Bolly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

can't say i've heard of that happening before....apparently with the smartshield system, they use rolling codes, basically the code changes every time you press the button so theoretically nobody could "copy" it...but stranger things have happened....
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go through the retraining procedure for your remotes as this will also delete any other remotes that may have been put on the system by previous owners or dishonest service persons.

Procedure-:
Sitting in the car with all doors shut and all fobs to be retrained with you.
Begin with ign in the off (0) pos. turn to acc (1) position
press rear window demister button 3 times within 5 seconds. The door locks should cycle to indicate the system is in learning mode and at this point all fobs have now been erased from the system.
Press the unlock button on each of the fobs you wish to train to the system and then turn the ign to the off(0) position and the door locks should cycle to indicate that the fobs have been trained to the system.

A maximum of 4 fobs can be trained to the system at once.

Liquid Silver Pursuit250

Custom gear and diff ratios
ECU
Exhaust
Crow Comp. Valve springs
Adjust. Rollers
Cold air
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
Night

I had something simular that happen on my series 1 Fairmont a few weeks back. I was rotating the wheels and the car would arm itself after about 3 minutes, I would disarm it and after 3 minutes it armed itself again. At first I thought that maybe my daughter might have found the spare keys and was playing with the remote but she wasn't. I didn't do anything other than get the jack and spare out of the boot and this started happening. I started thinking it was a option in the alarm and somehow I must have activated it but as I said I didn't do anything to the car. Anyhow after about an hour everything went back to normal and it stopped arming itself. Had me miffed anyway.
Night is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 10:19 PM   #5
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they self lock if you do not open a door within X time...
Old 25-07-2008, 10:28 PM   #6
falconboy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It may be something with the smartshield, but that doesn't explain the doors being open, surely you haven't been unlucky enough that on the 2 occasions its unlocked itself that you were also unlucky enough to get someone come along, open the door and be scared off......sounds more like you have a stalker to me. Or Alzheimers.
falconboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 11:04 PM   #7
Bolly
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Howesy, will try it but one thing..what do you mean by FOBS?

It is Falconboy,how luck can i be to scare them off! Or did I!! Sound like X Files...
Went out to the garage and the car is still locked...
I thinking of taking the car to a populated car park, hide in some corner and just wait and see...see if i have got some type of stalker!
Old 25-07-2008, 11:24 PM   #8
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, even if it was a glitch and was somehow unlocking itself, that doesn't explain the doors being ajar. Seems to be too much of a coincidence if someone has opened a door both times and not taken anything. Very strange.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 11:38 PM   #9
Bobman
Regulator

While we're on the topic.

Never press the unlock button on the dash at the same time that someone grabs the passenger door (to get in).

That will jam the actuator, resulting in a door which won't close

We had that plenty of times with taxis and the odd occy strap around both LH doors to keep it semi-shut.

Current Cars:
2000 AU2 Fairmont (2019-current)
2003 BA1 Falcon Divvy Van (2017-current)
2009 VW Mk6 Golf 118TSi (2020-current)
Previous Cars:
2003 MCX10R Avalon VXi (2017-2020)
1995 EF1 Falcon GLi (2016-2019)
1997 XH2 Falcon Van OPT20 (2016-2019)
2006 BF Fairlane Ghia (2013-2018)
2001 AU3 Futura (2010-2013)
1996 EL Fairmont (2008-2010)
2004 BA XR6 (2005-2008)
2001 AU2 Forte (2005-2006)
1988 EA Fairmont Ghia (2003-2005)
1984 AR Telstar TX5 Ghia (2001-2005)
Bobman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2008, 11:42 PM   #10
BIGJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

umm.... ya ever watched Christine???
BIGJB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2008, 02:22 AM   #11
honer
Back to N/A land

Very odd however I'd be following howesy's advice for now
honer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2008, 04:38 AM   #12
Abacus
Life's a Gas

I recall, on one occassion, simultaneously unlocking my AU and another AU parked next to it with one press on my remote. It does happen.

But having it happen twice is freaky, and doesn't explain the doors physically opening.

Do you know the full history of this car? Was anybody ever murdered in it.......may be it's haunted.
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2008, 09:12 AM   #13
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

If you bought it locally maybe the old owner is trying to freak you out?
Old 26-07-2008, 12:49 PM   #14
Bolly
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is scary...Its got to a stage where i wont use the car if im going to park it for more than 10 mins.. I checked the car this morning and its still locked..?? I hate the feeling when you get to your car and the door is open and your heart starts beating faster..once was bad but twice within a month, and i use a motor bike to go most places...
Old 26-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #15
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolly
..what do you mean by FOBS?
Just another name for the electronic opener upper key thingamajiggy.

Liquid Silver Pursuit250

Custom gear and diff ratios
ECU
Exhaust
Crow Comp. Valve springs
Adjust. Rollers
Cold air
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #16
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still having this problem?

My mother had what sounds to be the same problem with her AUIII Fairmont. Turns out the front passenger door latch was loose but sticky, so it felt like it was closed properly, and when you checked the handle, it pretended to be locked, but it would slowly release the door.

So this, combined with the door ajar feature (when you try to lock the car, but one of the doors isnt closed properly), after 30 mins the door would release enough to set off the door ajar system. So the car would beep its horn and unlock all the doors. Leaving the door with the loose latch, slightly ajar.

Make any sense? Maybe check to make sure its not anything like this.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #17
Bolly
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for that..
No probs lately, but always worried leaving the car anywhere..
Cheers
Bolly
Old 14-08-2008, 01:34 PM   #18
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

I was in a ford dealer years ago when the AU's were still new (series 3 at least) and wen to test drive one of the cars, salesman went inside to get the key, pressed unlock and the car unlocked, along with the one sitting next to it. Pressed again, both locked, pressed again, both unlocked. I said "great security feature, so this means that you guys will throw in an aftermarket alarm for free right", he couldn't explain it.
I have done it myself in a shopping car park at night, no one around, walked to my car pressed the button and another 3 cars up flashed aswell, I looked around and no one was there. Sat there and waited and after the 3 mins it locked itself again and off i drove. I also now have an alarm fitted aswell.
I quite often walk out to my car and find it unlocked, i simply put it down to me being an idiot and forgetting to lock it. Im in real estate so im in and out all day, so it tends to happen a bit.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2008, 11:24 PM   #19
Bolly
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats a worry, i`m going to use my remote next time i`m walking in a car park and see what happens!!
Old 15-08-2008, 12:34 AM   #20
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_suave
Still having this problem?

My mother had what sounds to be the same problem with her AUIII Fairmont. Turns out the front passenger door latch was loose but sticky, so it felt like it was closed properly, and when you checked the handle, it pretended to be locked, but it would slowly release the door.

So this, combined with the door ajar feature (when you try to lock the car, but one of the doors isnt closed properly), after 30 mins the door would release enough to set off the door ajar system. So the car would beep its horn and unlock all the doors. Leaving the door with the loose latch, slightly ajar.

Make any sense? Maybe check to make sure its not anything like this.
I've had exactly this happen too. Found the car unlocked with the rear passenger side door open a couple of times. After a while the door latch started playing up properly... not catching at all when closing the door, then not opening with the outside handle. It's still only intermittent, but I'll have to stick my head in there sometime and try to work out what needs replacing.
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2008, 03:05 AM   #21
Bolly
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Sly
Am i better off getting a after market alarm system?
Old 15-08-2008, 09:42 AM   #22
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Talk to someone like Stav for alarms, he knows his stuff and he drives an AU.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post