Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
Scams

Default XR8 problems

I have a AUII XR8
The problems I am have are to do with the rear end or diff it feels like the hole end is going 2 came off at 70km in 5th if you tap the loud pedal it is like a wave the power goes to the back then cames back to the front the hole car rocks. Ford said it was normal. If you drive it hard the car feel better. You just can't drive it slow.
Aswell in the morning it runs like a dog its like it has a miss but when it heats up it is fine.
Has anyone got any ideas what is wrong it has only done 53000km.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
jeffb

You might want to look at the rear upper strut mounts, they have a tendancy to clap out, there will always be a bit of play there by the way they are designed, crap tyres dont help either.
jeffb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
Scams

I will have a look at the upper strut mounts. If it is that bad for a car that has only done 53000km
Old 06-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #4
wakosmako
BRILEY

i have a fairly similar problem but its not when u put the power down, rear left sounds like its loose get a 1/2 decent bump on the road and it sounds like somethings broken or unloosened itself and the car has only 63000km just hoping its something simple.
wakosmako is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 12:32 AM   #5
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

The upper shock tower mounts in the AU IRS are a known issue. The best I have gotten out of them was 50k and they were pretty shagged.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post