Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
sirish
Starter Motor

Default Focus Compliance plate issues

Hello All,

I bought a Focus LS manual in Nov'05 and unfortunately met with an accident in Feb'06 where I had a severely damaged driver door, It took the repairer 3 months to replace the door and fix it as the parts had to come from South Africa.

Now the plot thickens.....I tried to trade in the focus and found out my compliance plates are missing which made my car worthless, I have a letter from Ford confirming the build/VIN no/Chasis information etc but the Car dealer is saying it wont stand any value against the car.

I am seeking some direction from any one of you out there..what is my best approach... :togo: ...

Sirish...

sirish is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
Turbodiesel
Torquer

Well if the letter isn't enough for your dealer, maybe you can get Ford to send you out another sticker?

I think the dealer is just trying to cover themselves, as there are a lot of dodgy cars out there...
Turbodiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Take it back to the repairer and go. OI gimmie back my comlience plates and put them back on. and show pictures of ware they used to be and take the record of the car going in for repair!

he will have no choice, if he doesnt do it then you reprot it to the approiate authorities. i think its the department of fair trading or something.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I thought the focus plates were metal, therefore they should have been transfered over??

Your in a bit of i think, take it back to the repairer and kick up a stink!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #5
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In a LS Focus they are stickers. Stops people pop riveting them onto another car.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #6
20focus05
I wanna XR5

this must be taken up with the repairer, it is thier job to make sure the car comes back in a roadworthy state which includes compliance plates!!
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2007, 05:49 PM   #7
scooby

The compliance plate is a sticker on the door frame. The VIN number is also at the bottom of the windscreen.
scooby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #8
BlackLS

Theres also another VIN under the driver floor.

But yeah no compliance plates thats bad.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2007, 10:22 AM   #9
whippet_zetec
Supes

yep, head back to the repairer and let them know they havent done their job properly, if you car was repaired under your insurance I would also call up your insurer and let them know what is going on as they also have a responsibilty to get your car repaired and back to you correctly. (check your policy documents if they try to ignore you).
Old 07-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #10
eXtremist
2007 Ford Focus Zetec

If worst comes to worst, you've got to take a picture of someone's sticker, measure it, and modify it in photo shop so that it matches the details that you had on it and then go to a sticker shop and get it printed there.

99% of blue slip inspections don't even know where the sticker is, so if you can supply them with the rego papers they might not even bother looking for it.

Just show them the vin number in the drivers carpet and the engine number (on the top right corner of the engine) to prove the rego paper is infact for that car.
eXtremist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2007, 11:44 PM   #11
buickman
buickman

My son worked in the panel trade until just recently & I'am sure its your responsibilty to get the compliance plate fitted the same as you getting the number plate if the one on the car is damaged or missing its not the repairer.
You will have to get the RTA or simular authority in your state to authorise it or the police might have to give it a VP number.

The trouble with the current Focus thats made in Sth Africa is Ford does not keep a part thats part of the chassis rail listed in thier books so inferior repair work could be done in a frontal collision plus a few times when a part for the body is orded Ford have not got it in stock .
I don't mind the Focus but my son has other thoughts on them having repaired a few of them.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2007, 03:57 AM   #12
celicara65
Starter Motor

Interesting. I mentioned to a Ford tester I know recently that I'd ordered a silver colored car, which they thought was really good because it's the easiest color to get parts in. Part of the reason I'm getting a focus is because I'm just too good at scratching up larger cars... let's hope Ford stocks up on parts in support of their Focus sales push
celicara65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-08-2007, 09:58 PM   #13
buickman
buickman

Sirish how did you go with the compliance sticker. I spoke to my son and he said you should contact Ford with what has been repaired on your car and that the compliance sticker is missing. They will send you on the right path on being able to get another sticker matching your numbers.

If
Quote:
worst comes to worst, you've got to take a picture of someone's sticker, measure it, and modify it in photo shop so that it matches the details that you had on it and then go to a sticker shop and get it printed there.
Not a bad idea.
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post