Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #1
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Back, from hospital. and I'll be spending alot of time on the forums.

Welll.. I havn't been home since thursday probably none of you noticed but ay i'm going to write about what happened.

I was riding home from work on my push bike, fairly quickly.

There was a police car parked on the road I had no helmet on they were standing outside of the car talking to some one so obviously they had better things to do than book me so i went around the police car not slowing down.

Only to see the nose of another car pulling in to park.

I had little to no time to react to the right of me was the side of the police car to the left of me was a parked car I tried to swerve left into the parking space to reduce the impact.

Didn't work I swerved a little bit left only to hit the car that was pulling in to park.

It was an old vauxual or somthing nice old metal gaurds, anyway so I've collided with this car at 30-35k's when I hit my knee slammed into the front gaurd and sent me flying over the the side of the bonnet. I flew across the parking space only to hit a parked X-trail in mid air, then slammed onto the concrete

All this infront of 2 police officers. They came rushing towards me asking if I was ok I felt very light headed and just replied I was fine they kept insisting i get an ambulance I kept saying no.

After sitting there for 15mins I attempted to syand up and my leg just bent sideways i tried to hide it and stupidly thought it's probably just shock or somthing.

I got back on the bike the police said there is no damage and if i'm ok i'm free to go.

So.. I started to ride home each pedal my right knee feeling like it would not bend any further i rode another 1.5k's before calling my mum to pick me up because I was in so much pain. I limped to the car and she took me straight to the docters.

I had a MASSIVE lump on my knee and my leg was bent right from the knee down.

They took me straight to emergancy in epworth hospital. from there I was told to lay down in a bed and given a bottle to **** in. they took me to get a cat scan it showed that when I smashed my leg the bone in my leg had smashed against the bone in my shin and knocked a 5mm deep hole about half the length of my finger.

So straight to operation they stuck a big needle in my hand and put me to sleep it was a 50min operation. they had to elevate the bottem of my shin bone. remove a big chunk of bone from my hip to fill in the hole then put a stainless steel plate over the top of it.

I woke up in recovery a few hours later with tubes stuck in my leg and hip and needle in my hand.

From there they took me to a bed in a room full of people over 70.

I laid in that bed not able to move for 5 days. and had to **** into a bottle.
the first 2 days were alright. Being on morphine and all my mates came in to see me. the 3rd and 4th day were the worse days of my life comming off the morphine i felt like a junkie I was starving hungry but if I ate I would throw up. the hospital food was so ******* ****. I was so uncomftable not being able to move.

There was not one hot nurse.
All night I had to listen to old people moaning in pain.
I didn't eat or drink for 2 days.
Basicly I wanted to die lol.

on the 5th day I got up and started walking around with cructches. I have a massive brace on my leg. I can't put any pressure at al on my leg for 6 weeks or I'll have to get another operation and start all over again.

The surgent said I was very very luckily that only 1 piece broke off considering how server the accident was.

I was sooo happy to be home last night and sleeping in my own bed was the best feeling ever I laid on my side for the first time in 5 days and it felt so good.

This morning when I woke up.
The first thing I did was get on the forums I can't do anything else but sit on the computer for these next 6-8weeks or so.

Been typing this message with a big smile on my face. just happy to be back home I guess lol.

Well anyway can't do anything else but sit on the computer a while so I'm sure my post count will probably increase alot over these next few weeks.

E32 740iL Leather, sound system, rollin' on 19's

Last edited by XDaaron; 30-05-2007 at 09:09 AM.
TEaaron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
pb02
inconceivable!

Take care and when the time comes for rehab make sure you do it and work hard at it. You will have lost a lot of muscle and flexibility when the time comes to take off the brace.

My wife had a similar accident and was in hospital for 2 weeks. She ended up with a lot of stiches and torn ligaments but didn't get any broken bones.
pb02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #3
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I gotta go back and get Xrayed again in a week I have 5 screws in my leg as well as stitches on my hip and leg.

It's the worse feeling knowing that you're very limeted to what you can do.
They said there's a chance that I won't make a full recovery so I'm really dreding that.

Old 30-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hope you recover quickly and completely (or as completely as can be).

You really were very lucky that that was the only injury. I hate to say this but sheesh, helmets were invented for a reason, not just to make you feel dorky. Can you imagine the damage if you had cracked your head on either car or the ground? You might not be here now to write what you have.

Sorry, that was the parent side of me coming out lol

Anyway good luck with everything and just make sure you don't over do things to soon. You don't want the recovery time to be longer than it has to be.

Hope all does go well for you
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Jesus!

Mate all the best. I think it should be compulsory to have atleast 10% of nurses above 6/10. Seriously, it would help some people.

Do you have a PS2 or XBOX?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 10:18 AM   #6
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
There was not one hot nurse.
That is the true tragedy of your plight! Poor bugger
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #7
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDaaron
I have a massive brace on my leg.
rruuuuunnn foorrressst rruuuunn!

sorry, when i read those words that just popped into my head.

take it easy eh!
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #8
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Glad to hear you are alright. Work hard on the recovery, never give up and you should make a full recovery.
My cousin died a few years ago from a cycling accident. He was cycling along a flat, straight road up near Monarto here in SA. Basically, the front tyre came off of the rim and caught in his front brakes sending him flying over the handlebars at somewhere between 40-60km/h (estimated). He hit the back of his head on the ground when he landed, and he died a few days later from his injuries. He was wearing a helmet, so count yourself lucky!
If you looked at his bike, there did not look to be anything wrong with it. His bike just had a little lump in the front tyre where it came off the rim.

Whenever I see someone who is riding a bike without a helmet, I think of my cousin and how much worse off he would have been if he wasn't wearing a helmet and hope that something like that doesn't happen to the rider.
Old 30-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #9
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Time to ensure your virus checker and firewall are in place as you start searching those other sites...

Glad your ok.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 12:19 PM   #10
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Polyal]Jesus!

Mate all the best. I think it should be compulsory to have atleast 10% of nurses above 6/10. QUOTE]

couldnt agree more, when i had my fake infaction (turned out to be my gall bladder) the ratio at windsor hopitol was arround 25% - 30% but i was on morpheen, but when i got trnasfered to baulkam hills the ambulance lady was a babe but thenurses there were shoking infact i only had i female and see was older than my mother even the guy that gave me the down there mohawk was about twise my size, that could be a good thing though because theres no chance Mr happy was going to react

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #11
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Lets keep this discussion civil
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 03:21 PM   #12
krt10
eskyman

chicks dig scars ;)
Old 30-05-2007, 04:11 PM   #13
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just had a look at the X-ray after the operation. Got 7 screws!

:(

Old 30-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #14
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe if there were hot nurses you wouldnt want to leave? it would be like 'ohh it still hurts, im too injured to go home' hahaha. Seriously tho, sounds like a lucky escape.

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #15
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you are lucky. a lady pulled out on my mate, and he went flying. had a helemt, he almost lost an eye. lost alot of skin etc.
hope you have some sort of gaming system, it gets boring as
castek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #16
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Sucks Aaron, Seems an odd chain of events, is it Karma?
But still, not good...

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #17
cuz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Geez!! Well done mate. What do you do for an encore?? LOL

Seriously tho, good luck with your recovery.
Old 30-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #18
TomXY
XY

nah i was just joking around before, hope the leg gets better soon. :
Old 30-05-2007, 08:27 PM   #19
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All the best mate, get plenty of rest and enjoy your time at home cause you'll be back at work like the rest of us in no time at all.

I spent a week in hospital when I was 21 getting a hernia sorted out, hospitals are such boring places aren't they, I was going out of my mind after the first couple of days........I still remember just how good it was to get home even though I was laid up for the next six weeks recovering.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 08:51 PM   #20
fordxrtfan

Hope you have a speedy recovery, maybe I should put my husband online he broke his left ankle/leg last Friday and has a cast for 6 weeks. Same day I came home with the new car, so guess who wont be driving it in a hurry!

Winter White
6 Speed Manual, Sunroof, Premium Audio System, Side Airbags, Bluetooth, DVD Satellite Navigation, Reverse Parking Sensor, Ipod/MP3 kit, Tinted windows, Brembos, Enkei RPO3 wheels
Phase 3 kit, installed & tuned by Autotech 332rwkw
!!FOR SALE!!
fordxrtfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 09:15 PM   #21
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Make sure you have a TAC claim so all your medical and associated expenses are covered. Use social workers to help you with any paperwork etc, and make sure you follow up with your surgeon / GP on any other treatments or counselling so you get back to 100%.

Don't take any shortcuts because you may be left with the consequences for the rest of your life - even if you think you're fine right now.

Get well soon mate !
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2007, 10:31 PM   #22
jarrod0009

i know how u feel, i have just recovered from fracturing my leg in January. I was the same as you couldnt put any weight on it for 6 weeks, makes life very hard. Especially when i only got my license 2 days before i did it. but after 2 operations alot of physio i am on track to make a full recovery. good luck.

www.bseries.com.au/jarrod
jarrod0009 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2007, 07:25 AM   #23
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for all the replies guys

And yeah Tom was only joking around lol. He's a bit of a tool.

Old 31-05-2007, 07:29 AM   #24
pecker73
Falcon Addict

Holy Cow... Your meant to be at home recovering. :

Eg. Sleeping in, lots a DVD's, junk food.... NOT up at 6.25am !

DAILY-2006 BF Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan. 6 Speed Auto.

1/4 Mile......13.84sec/103.38Mph BF XR6T with an official 211.0 rwkw :
pecker73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2007, 11:30 AM   #25
TEaaron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lol, I have alot of trouble sleeping cause my leg absolutly kills me and i have stiches in my hip and it feels like they're stretching when i move at night.

I took pain killers but all that does is makes me feel totaly ****** 6 hours later.
going to be hard for a few weeks I reckon.

Old 31-05-2007, 04:34 PM   #26
stupa

thats when you take some more after 4 hours
stupa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #27
Eb Barbie
Banned

Wow thats some night you had! I know the feeling of coming off morphine and the hunger that goes with it. I had spinal surgery a few years ago & my stomach shutdown so I wasn't allowed to eat for 5 days! After that I was allowed broth which was ****in disgusting!! First thing I did after hospital was eat a maccas cheeseburger good to hear your back at home and on the road to recovery!
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #28
Jesk
certified nutter

sounds like I got really lucky when I was i hospital! I wasn't on any mind altering drugs either, but I happened to be there during a time when a whole bunch of trainee nurses were doing some placement time, hello hotties! with plenty of time to chat also!
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post